Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

10lbs down and less than 24 hours to go. Getting excited. Ok, give me the deets. Be nice...how much pain am I gonna be in? I had 2 c-sections and this is less invasive but do you feel anything internally where they put the band???

Hope all is well and everyone is out enjoying the olympics! GO CANADA GO!

Cheers,

Antonella

If you had 2 c sections you can do it. I had 3 sections a hysto and apendix removed. C section and hysto was most painful.. Just remember to take your meds. The port site is the most painful. I had ice on it all the way back to Pemberton. So have ice available... You can do it. i may not be on a computer until sunday. I am off to Prince George. So I will check in on you when I get back.. YEah canada is kicking butt tonight in hockey... Take care... :)

10lbs down and less than 24 hours to go. Getting excited. Ok, give me the deets. Be nice...how much pain am I gonna be in? I had 2 c-sections and this is less invasive but do you feel anything internally where they put the band???

Hope all is well and everyone is out enjoying the olympics! GO CANADA GO!

Cheers,

Antonella

Antonelle - thinking of you and waiting for your post to see how you are doing. Some people have pain others have none. I had no pain. Still don't. If you have gas pains, try gas X or something similar. The post surgery instructions told me to walk every hour. Maybe the reason I had no pain. Soon you will be in bandland.

All went well! The staff at FCSC were excellent. Just at home recovering...deal with a little pain where the port is. Managing with extra strength...avoiding codeine. Hoping by tomorrow it will subside. Keep you posted as the days progress! Stay tuned....

GO CANADA GO!

Antonella

All went well! The staff at FCSC were excellent. Just at home recovering...deal with a little pain where the port is. Managing with extra strength...avoiding codeine. Hoping by tomorrow it will subside. Keep you posted as the days progress! Stay tuned....

GO CANADA GO!

Antonella

Wooooowooooo! Glad to hear you came through with flying colors. Keep walking. Will stay tuned.

GO CANADA GO!

Antonella

Congrats, Antonella! Hope all is going well. I took only 1 Ty with Codeine on the same afternoon then only regular Ty afterwards. Pain was bearable. Keep us updated!

Lyn

Has anyone experience the "STUCK"? If so, how did you deal with it? Relieve it??

Just want to be prepared!

Cheers,

Antonella

Has anyone experience the "STUCK"? If so, how did you deal with it? Relieve it??

Just want to be prepared!

Cheers,

Antonella

Yes, I have many times. Don't allow yourself to get stuck at any cost. Vomiting is not good for the band or your stomach. Chew, chew, chew.

I got stuck last year and just recently this year and the first time it was 16 vomits to clear and 8 the second time. The first, I drove to Washington state to have afluro to make sure the band had not slipped.

Where I used to vomit every few days, I now am months but it is still dangerous.

Now after the warnings, here is what I feel like. When I feel a pressure in my pouch, I should stop eating but if I keep packing the pain really sets in. I have tried the chicken dance but this dance although others are successful, never works for me. If the pain become too much in say 30 minutes, I have to force myself to "PB" (vomit). Sometimes I clear the pouch, but if I have not chewed thoroughly enough, the narrow opening that is allowed by the band is closed either by the stomach or the food. I don't know which. I think food gets stuck in the "bottleneck" and can not be easily moved. Whatever it is unpleasant so please be one of the few to be able to brag "I never throw up".

Edited by Doddie63

Yeah the olympics were so exciting. Kind of feeling sad that they are over. Excited that the Paralympics are starting soon...

I was away for a little while, missed everyone..

Congrats to Antonella..

Third fill on the March 3.. Yeah closer to the sweet spot so happy...

Hey Doddie,

Thanks for that! The one thing I cannot handle is throwing up. You should see me when I have the flu or something. I try my damndest to hold it in! YUP! So I will try my damndest to chew chew chew and not overfill!

This is my new life as a bandster and I will embrace it each step of the way...Looking forward to the journey! COuld not do it without you gals!

Michelle so happy you are back!

I think I need to change my profile name to SKINNY B! Stay tuned...

Cheers,

A

Hey Doddie,

Thanks for that! The one thing I cannot handle is throwing up. You should see me when I have the flu or something. I try my damndest to hold it in! YUP! So I will try my damndest to chew chew chew and not overfill!

This is my new life as a bandster and I will embrace it each step of the way...Looking forward to the journey! COuld not do it without you gals!

Michelle so happy you are back!

I think I need to change my profile name to SKINNY B! Stay tuned...

Cheers,

A

You are welcome. Learn early to learn your signals of fullness. Although tempting, when you feel the slight pressure push the food away. Some people have other signals such as sneezing, hiccups, of course, pain. When you receive a fill, take it very easy. I had .5 cc fill and it was over a week before I felt the tightness. After vomiting every day, I had it removed. On the first fill, you will be able to take more food but as the fills continue it becomes very much essential that you know your signals.

Not everyone is a "slow learner" when it comes to chewing, I am hoping you are a fast learner.

Go bandster go!

Hi everyone!

I just got back from a two week cruise in the Caribbean, and even though it was a bit sad to miss the Olympics, I had a great time - even with the band! I was a bit worried about how I would handle the constant availability of overwhelmingly large amounts of high caloric food. However, things went much better than I had anticipated. Surprisingly enough, it was not the buffet that was the hard part - but rather the served 5-course dinners. Obviously I did not eat all 5 courses, but a few times I did eat 3, and once I even ate 4 (which did not end well). So, though it was a challenge, I am really happy I was able to go for, what some people probably consider, a 2 week long binge-fest, without actually bingeing :-) I'm glad to be back though, as I was getting a bit tired of the constant eating! (never would have thought I would say such a thing pre-band).

As promised, I will be organizing another meeting in Richmond, for this coming Saturday (March 6th). The meeting will be held again at the Boston pizza restaurant in Ironwood mall (on the corner of No 5 Rd and Steveston Hwy) at 11:30am. I will be there to share some of my stories, and very willing to listen to some of yours. I have heard from two women who said they will be attending, so there will definitely be at least some people there. So, if you are at all interested in meeting some fellow bandsters, and have this Saturday afternoon free, please come by and say Hello. Like I have said in my previous posts, I want to meet some other bandsters to walk together on this path and enjoy the journey not alone.

Hope you all had a great time during the Olympics!

Cheers

PS. If you would like to e-mail me directly, my e-mail address is tim_4756@hotmail.com

I am moving on this Saturday, so cannot make it!!:)

Have a great meeting and hopefully I can make the next one!!

Rhonda

PS....I am missing the Olympics too!!! Am goinbg to get some tickets to the Para games to get my fix!!

Hi everyone!

I just got back from a two week cruise in the Caribbean, and even though it was a bit sad to miss the Olympics, I had a great time - even with the band! I was a bit worried about how I would handle the constant availability of overwhelmingly large amounts of high caloric food. However, things went much better than I had anticipated. Surprisingly enough, it was not the buffet that was the hard part - but rather the served 5-course dinners. Obviously I did not eat all 5 courses, but a few times I did eat 3, and once I even ate 4 (which did not end well). So, though it was a challenge, I am really happy I was able to go for, what some people probably consider, a 2 week long binge-fest, without actually bingeing :-) I'm glad to be back though, as I was getting a bit tired of the constant eating! (never would have thought I would say such a thing pre-band).

As promised, I will be organizing another meeting in Richmond, for this coming Saturday (March 6th). The meeting will be held again at the Boston pizza restaurant in Ironwood mall (on the corner of No 5 Rd and Steveston Hwy) at 11:30am. I will be there to share some of my stories, and very willing to listen to some of yours. I have heard from two women who said they will be attending, so there will definitely be at least some people there. So, if you are at all interested in meeting some fellow bandsters, and have this Saturday afternoon free, please come by and say Hello. Like I have said in my previous posts, I want to meet some other bandsters to walk together on this path and enjoy the journey not alone.

Hope you all had a great time during the Olympics!

Cheers

PS. If you would like to e-mail me directly, my e-mail address is tim_4756@hotmail.com

so glad you have a nice vacation and so encouraging to hear a "bandster" can go on a vacation like that and still have a great time.

I lucked out and have been able to get Saturday off from work so I will attend the meeting.

Thanks for arranging it and I will see you and everyone else on Saturday.

Ciao for now!

Yeah all my BC Bandsters I am down another 1.6 lbs this week. My third fill was small do not feel much of a difference but I will work what my band will give.. Hope everyone has an awesome weekend. My friend is coming over so happy for that...

Tim, thanks for organizing! I will be away on Saturday...my son's hockey tournament! Life of a hockey mom!

Hope all is well!

Enjoy,

Antonella