Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

hey guys, for those of you who were at the last LGH meeting, you know I've been struggling for a while and have been a very slow loser. Anyways, I went in to see Dr. A for a fill last week and he put in .5cc, which didn't really do much. I went back today and got another .5cc for a total of 2.3cc in a 4cc band. I'm hoping this one makes the difference.

It's great to see some fresh faces on this board. Hope to see you at the next meeting :cursing:

Babe

wow a 4 cc band.. I have never heard of a 4 cc band... Hope your fill is working for you...

The joy of getting POKED!

Happy to hear it went well...all part of the journey!

I start my liquid diet tomorrow...I am more nervous of that than the actual surgery! I am so afraid of what the shakes taste like and will I die of starvation??????? LOL!

I am from Vancouver...15 minutes away from the center!

You are looking great. Stay positive and keep up the hard work!

Cheers,

A

I start my liquid diet tomorrow...I am more nervous of that than the actual surgery! I am so afraid of what the shakes taste like and will I die of starvation??????? LOL!

Cheers,

A

Hey there Antonella,

Good luck with the liquid diet. I survived it so I'm sure you will do just fine. When is your surgery? I think I am getting my first fill on Feb 17th. at the FCSC. Is that were you are having your band put in?

Take care

Cristina

My surgery is on the 24th! One week later and I would have met you...don't know what condition I would be in. My surgery is booked for 7am...what time did you have yours done??

When did you have your surgery?

Live in Vancouver??

A

My surgery is on the 24th! One week later and I would have met you...don't know what condition I would be in. My surgery is booked for 7am...what time did you have yours done??

When did you have your surgery?

Live in Vancouver??

A

I had my surgery on Jan. 13th. I arrived at 0830 but didn't actually go into the OR until almost 11:00am but it sounds like you'll be the first one that day so you should go into right away.

I live about 5 minutes away from the FCSC at 10th and Onatrio.

Hope the liquid diet goes okay...just remember it only 2 weeks and if you can get through that..post-op will be no problem.

let me know if you have any questions/concerns. I no expert yet but may be able to help.

Hopefully we can meet sometime.

Take care

Cristina

Hi everyone :thumbup:

Sorry I've been so absent from here but life has just been almost more than I can manage right now. Mom has been unwell, in and out of the hospital, hubby hasn't been well either and is headed to Lion's Gate tomorrow for some more tests...and I've been working more than full time hours the last month. Hopefully things will calm down soon...

I'm glad to see your post Babe, I was thinking about you not long ago and wondering how you were managing. Hopefully this fill with kick things in for you...I know my first real restriction was 2.75cc's (my band is 4cc's as well) so be patient and go easy testing this fill.

I'm not sure about this months meeting. It would normally be held on Feb. 17th whcih is right in the middle of the Olympics. I'm not sure what you all think about trying to negotiate yourselves over to Lion's Gate so post and let me know. We do have the room booked so if there are people that want to meet, it is certainly possible. Again, I'm not sure if I can make it, between the Highway road issues (Whistler to Vancouver) and my work schedule (5.30am starts!!) I don't know if I'll bother. However I will PROMISE that I will be at the meeting in March !!! Olympics will be over, weather will better and I will be back to my normal shifts!!!

Hope to see you all soon.

Patricia

BTW....good job on the meet-up Tim !!! If I can manage to get to the city on a weekend I'll try to plan it so I can meet up with you all as well. I love meeting new bandsters and chatting with them.

I would try to make it if there were a meeting and hope work wouldn't get in the way again like it did last meeting. Should be scheduled for my 2nd fill that day too. Haven't felt much from the first one & don't think I've lost any weight but I'm being patient & opening myself to the universe...lol. Hope to see people soon!

How come no one told me the shakes taste like Slimfast??? I worried myself sick for no reason...Today is day 1! I downed it with a straw...a little thicker than I thought but it went down. Looking forward to my bar! I am getting excited. My husband took pictures of me last night and boy was it an eye openener! I have an idea...what about starting a Fitness Club! Feedback, suggestions???

Cheers,

Antonella

Hi everyone :rolleyes2:

Sorry I've been so absent from here but life has just been almost more than I can manage right now. Mom has been unwell, in and out of the hospital, hubby hasn't been well either and is headed to Lion's Gate tomorrow for some more tests...and I've been working more than full time hours the last month. Hopefully things will calm down soon...

I'm glad to see your post Babe, I was thinking about you not long ago and wondering how you were managing. Hopefully this fill with kick things in for you...I know my first real restriction was 2.75cc's (my band is 4cc's as well) so be patient and go easy testing this fill.

I'm not sure about this months meeting. It would normally be held on Feb. 17th whcih is right in the middle of the Olympics. I'm not sure what you all think about trying to negotiate yourselves over to Lion's Gate so post and let me know. We do have the room booked so if there are people that want to meet, it is certainly possible. Again, I'm not sure if I can make it, between the Highway road issues (Whistler to Vancouver) and my work schedule (5.30am starts!!) I don't know if I'll bother. However I will PROMISE that I will be at the meeting in March !!! Olympics will be over, weather will better and I will be back to my normal shifts!!!

Hope to see you all soon.

Patricia

BTW....good job on the meet-up Tim !!! If I can manage to get to the city on a weekend I'll try to plan it so I can meet up with you all as well. I love meeting new bandsters and chatting with them.

Hi all,

I would be able to make a meeting on the 17th. if others are interested.

thanks

Cristina

Cheers,

A

If you are only in Vancouver one day we should have lunch together... The hardest day on the liquid diet is the 3-4 day after that it goes smoothly... I hated the taste but if you say it taste like slimfast enjoy lol... I loved cuccumbers and viniger at that stage it was yummy... Have you started a blog yet.. Keep me updated and enjoy. 2 weeks goes by fast...

Hi Patrica,

Although we've met many times at the support group, I haven't actually ever posted on this site before but Doreen suggested it to me at the last meeting.

I am really glad you are hanging in there and are doing okay and I really hope all goes well with your husband"s tests and treatment. After having to miss November and December's meetings it was nice to finally make January's. Although it was a small turn out, it was wonderfull all the same. I had asked how things were going with you since I hadn't seen you in a few months but nowbody seemed to sure. Anyways I would definately be willing to come to the Feb.17th meeting if others are interested as well and I look forward to seeing you in March.Take care,Tannya

Hi Patrica,

Although we've met many times at the support group, I haven't actually ever posted on this site before but Doreen suggested it to me at the last meeting.

I am really glad you are hanging in there and are doing okay and I really hope all goes well with your husband"s tests and treatment. After having to miss November and December's meetings it was nice to finally make January's. Although it was a small turn out, it was wonderfull all the same. I had asked how things were going with you since I hadn't seen you in a few months but nowbody seemed to sure. Anyways I would definately be willing to come to the Feb.17th meeting if others are interested as well and I look forward to seeing you in March.Take care,Tannya

Hope to get a few more out & looking forward to seeing everyone. Lyn

i plan on being at the meeting too. truth be told, I welcome the break from the all the Olympic mayhem downtown.

Hi everyone! I don't post here often ( I'm always on my doctor's message board at www.lapbandforum.com which I find easier to use) but I wanted to say I really hope I can make the meeting tomorrow night! I had surgery 14 months ago, have lost 91 pounds, and am 5 pounds from goal!!!

Sabrina:)

i plan on being at the meeting too. truth be told, I welcome the break from the all the Olympic mayhem downtown.

Hi all,

It sounds like the meeting is a go for tomorrow. Is that right? I have never been before so can someone let me know where it is held and what time?

Thank you

Cristina