Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Vancouver Area Bandsters

Hi Everyone :w00t:

Sorry I've been so out of touch lately....sick family and a crazy work schedule have left me little time to think about the computer.

I want everyone to remember that this coming Wednesday is our monthly meeting. I've been in contact with a couple of new people who will hopefully be attending. I'm not positive if I'll make it but I am really going to try. I have to work at 5.30am thursday so I won't be staying late tho...

For the bandster that is looking for a Dr. in Vancouver for fills etc I would recommend contacting Dr. Arseneau at St. Pauls Hospital. He prefers contact be made through email and you can reach him at richarda@interchange.ubc.ca He will get back to you to set up an appointment. I have been to him for a fill/consult and he was very good. He is the only Dr. I am aware of that will take patients from other facilities and countries.

Hope you all are well and had a wonderful holiday season. I'll see you soon !!!!

Patricia

I feel a bit sad that no one replied to my thread. Did I write something wrong? I would really like to join your group. How can I join? Do I need to apply or something? I'm not living in Van yet but I will be soon enough.

I feel a bit sad that no one replied to my thread. Did I write something wrong? I would really like to join your group. How can I join? Do I need to apply or something? I'm not living in Van yet but I will be soon enough.

Hi I am not really a pro on here but this is a thread so I believe you have already joined it by adding comments... Hope you dont feel excluded I cant speak for everyone but I believe that was not the intention... There was also a post earlier with info on who can do fills in Vancouver for you when you do move back... Hope all is well... And don't feel excluded.. The meetings that they have in Vancouver also are open to anyone pre and post banded.. There is not a lot of action on this thread compared to some of the other threads I am on... SO take care and keep blogging...

Hi: I did not reply to your thread because you said you would be moving back to Vancouver soon. I thought it best to wait until you are back and know where you will be living before giving directions to the Lions Gate Hospital. Patricia did respond to your request for a fill doctor. In the meantime, if you require support over the site just post. I watch every morning for any new postings.

I attended the seminar at False Creek Surgical Center in Vancouver and found it very informative. My consult is booked for Jan 20th and very excited! Hoping to have my surgery in February.

Hope this helps!

Antonella

Congrats, Antonella. That's where I had my surgery in December. They take good care of you. You should try make it to a support meeting to talk with people who've had the surgery. It really helps.

Hi Everyone :w00t:

Sorry I've been so out of touch lately....sick family and a crazy work schedule have left me little time to think about the computer.

I want everyone to remember that this coming Wednesday is our monthly meeting. I've been in contact with a couple of new people who will hopefully be attending. I'm not positive if I'll make it but I am really going to try. I have to work at 5.30am thursday so I won't be staying late tho...

For the bandster that is looking for a Dr. in Vancouver for fills etc I would recommend contacting Dr. Arseneau at St. Pauls Hospital. He prefers contact be made through email and you can reach him at richarda@interchange.ubc.ca He will get back to you to set up an appointment. I have been to him for a fill/consult and he was very good. He is the only Dr. I am aware of that will take patients from other facilities and countries.

Hope you all are well and had a wonderful holiday season. I'll see you soon !!!!

Patricia

Hope to see everyone at the meeting on Wed. Should also have my 1st fill this week. I need it...just got back from a week-long all-inclusive holiday, lol!

Thanks for the feedback! Looking forward to the new journey!

Cheers,

Antonella

Welcome back Yosemite... Anyone else on Facebook here????

Welcome back Yosemite... Anyone else on Facebook here????

Hi: I used to be on facebook, but felt my privacy was being invaded. I think they have made some improvements since the news article, but I haven't felt the need to go back to it.

Hi Lions Gate support groupies. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting on Wed. eve. I had to work. How was it?

Had my first fill done on Wed. I now have a total of 3 cc's. So far, not feeling too much restriction. Managed to gain a little on my vacation but ready to get back into my new routine.

Edited by yosemite

Hi Lions Gate support groupies. Sorry I couldn't make the meeting on Wed. eve. I had to work. How was it?

Had my first fill done on Wed. I now have a total of 3 cc's. So far, not feeling too much restriction. Managed to gain a little on my vacation but ready to get back into my new routine.

Hi: Congratulations for your successful start to your journey. Give yourself time on restriction, It took over a week for my last one to take and it proved too much I had to have some removed.

The Lions Gate meeting was sparsely attended, two pros from the FCSC and three bandsters but the conversation was balanced and I felt refreshed. Something about personal meetings that are so much better than the web. Hope more come out in the future.

Hi Rhonda,

I received a reply and will go out today and get them...

Centrum chewables and London drugs has a Calcium one!

Cheers,

Antonella

PS. Off to yaletown today to enjoy our Beautiful City of VANCOUVER!

Yaletown is fun!! I used to live there for 12 years and enjoyed it. Is different now as the Olympics are taking over David Lam Park. Hope they return the grass back to normal afterwards!!