Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

preop diet and my lack of energy

I'm on day 7/10 of my preop diet...I've done great so far! No cheating! I get just two Protein Shakes (400 cals) and broth/jello/popsicles. It was hard at first, but I'm making it. Today, my 7th day, I feel i hit a wall! Total lack of energy! I don't feel like doing anything.....I suppose this would be normal after days of not eating?? :thumbup: I've never not ate for 7 days! Ha! I almost feel like I'm in a depressive funk...I'm not really craving food anymore, or really feel hungry. I just want to lay in bed till surgery on Wed. ?? Anyone else feel like that?

Bless your heart. My Dr. put me on the same diet but i get to have 1 mEAL A DAY with 3oz of lean meat and 2 steamed veggies. No carbs . Every Dr. is different .

hang in their you only have three more days to go, i know you can do it, i,m not banded yet hopely in oct, don,t know if my doc will require a pre-op. but so far on my own i have lost 27lbs, i had to do the six months dietian classes, have my evaluation test 9/24 wish me luck. i,m rooting for you.

Midwestchickie, are you sleeping good? Take a nap or two if you want. You have done marvelously and you will make it. Maybe your body is just realizing you aren't going to give it what it's used to...?

I don't remember hitting a wall at day 7 (all told my preop diet lasted 5 1/2 weeks) but I had good days and bad days. Eventually my body actually got used to eating only 600 cal a day and I was feeling pretty good! It won't be long now!

Wow, Keep your chin up and remember that you are doing a great job. I am proud of you! You made it thru 7 days already. I am having the realize band on the 23rd of October and I start my pre-op diet 3 days before surgery. It is a strict Clear Liquids only diet. I don't get a Protein Shake. I will probabaly eat a lot of ice and drink chicken broth. Good luck! Penny

Bless your heart. My Dr. put me on the same diet but i get to have 1 mEAL A DAY with 3oz of lean meat and 2 steamed veggies. No carbs . Every Dr. is different .

Sherry are you a patient of Dr. Weaver? It sounds like the diet I will have to go on when I get a surgery date. Also wondering if you are the person I met at the nutrition classes?

I am on a pre-op diet too. I have my surgery the day after you. I don't get a meal either. I still have to cook for my family which makes this even harder. I have been feeling really sucky. I stayed in bed most of today and probably will tomorrow to. I have to work until my surgery. I can only hope that being at work makes the time go faster. Good luck with your surgery.

I'm on day 7/10 of my preop diet...I've done great so far! No cheating! I get just two Protein Shakes (400 cals) and broth/jello/popsicles. It was hard at first, but I'm making it. Today, my 7th day, I feel i hit a wall! Total lack of energy! I don't feel like doing anything.....I suppose this would be normal after days of not eating?? confused.gif I've never not ate for 7 days! Ha! I almost feel like I'm in a depressive funk...I'm not really craving food anymore, or really feel hungry. I just want to lay in bed till surgery on Wed. ?? Anyone else feel like that?

Oh I feel your pain!!! My doc allows 1200 cal and I have a tough time with that I am due to be banded on Sept 24th as well. I try to go to bed early and sleep through my hunger. My doc also said I could eat Fiber tablets. I coant' exercise on these calories as well

I have 30 days of liquids!! I have cheated a couple of times, but since this is the last week, I will be compliant. I think my blood sugar was low the other day and I had to eat a little something.

I'm on 3 shakes a day with an allowed 2 cups of no starch vegies and it's only on day 5 that I have absolutely no energy, it sucks