Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shahram Salimitari M.D.

well, since no one replied to my last entry, I assume no one else has any problems with their fills. That's great, I'm really glad for you. I guess I truly am Dr. Salimitari's "problem" patient. He has dealt with so many problems with me, it just seems unfair to keep putting him through all of my complications, most Dr's. would have probably given up by now. He really is one-of-a-kind, we are all lucky to have such a caring Dr.

Hi Sam & Amp, welcome to Dr. Salimitari's forum. I can't tell by your profile if you've actually had a consultation with Dr. Salimitari or not, but in my opinion, you have found the best Dr. out there. He is one of the most requested Dr's. in Calif. doing hundreds of these surgeries every year. He is very conserned with his patients and their outcome, he explains things thoroughly, I think if you take the time to have a consultation with him, you will be able to make a good decision. You are lucky you have someone to go through it with you, I don't know about the others out here, but sometimes it's difficult going through it alone, stick together, and stick with Dr. Salimitari and I think you'll be very happy with your decisions. Good luck.

Brenda, I have left 2 messages for you with my full name and phone #. Also several messages/faxes for medical records (peter) and no one has bothered to contact me.

thank you for understanding, no one else ever responds to anything I post, Brenda e-mailed me again on fri. I gave her time frames i could be reached but of course, she waited 4 hours after my time frame, then called. What part of the IE are you in? I live in Beaumont. Would love to stay in touch with you.

I have had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Salimitari. His office did all the work all I had to do was show up! I was so scared to have this surgery at first, however Dr. Salimitari eased my mind, answered every question, and addressed every fear.

I use to go to bed at night and pray that tomorrow "This diet will work", or "This work out", or "This gym membership", "that trainer", and nothing, I would loose some and gain a TON back, it was a never ending story, until I met Dr. Salimitari, what a miracle he is, an angel given to me, and passed to you!

When I woke from surgery, I was so groggy, and very scared, but Dr. Salimitari was standing there with a big smile and asked me how I was doing, and I was GREAT, I was in no pain. I remember saying to Dr. Salimitari "Thank you for giving me my life back." Dr. Salimitari told me "I didn't do that, you did it!" I am so grateful that he is my doctor, every time I think about how much weight I have lost I cry, I never thought I could do this, but I am here to tell you that if I can do this so can YOU! You will never be alone in this procedure, Dr. Salimitari is there the whole way, he will hold your hand when you need it to be held, and he will give you a hug when you need it, He is really good at giving me the encouragement I needed in the beginning, and he continues to give it now!

If you have the opportunity to have the Lab Band done DO IT! Have Dr. Salimitari DO it for you too, I have energy, I can play in the Water at the beach and not get winded, I can run, climb, hike and ride my bike. I can do all those things I thought I would never ever get to do again! You know what, you can do this too. I know I sound like a commercial I am a real person that is just so grateful and for the first time in 20 YEARS I feel beautiful! I love this man that gave me my life back, and if he can give you yours take IT WE DESERVE IT!

Thank you Dr. Salimitari

Sincerely,

Rhonda

I have had such a wonderful experience with Dr. Salimitari. His office did all the work all I had to do was show up! I was so scared to have this surgery at first, however Dr. Salimitari eased my mind, answered every question, and addressed every fear.

I use to go to bed at night and pray that tomorrow "This diet will work", or "This work out", or "This gym membership", "that trainer", and nothing, I would loose some and gain a TON back, it was a never ending story, until I met Dr. Salimitari, what a miracle he is, an angel given to me, and passed to you!

When I woke from surgery, I was so groggy, and very scared, but Dr. Salimitari was standing there with a big smile and asked me how I was doing, and I was GREAT, I was in no pain. I remember saying to Dr. Salimitari "Thank you for giving me my life back." Dr. Salimitari told me "I didn't do that, you did it!" I am so grateful that he is my doctor, every time I think about how much weight I have lost I cry, I never thought I could do this, but I am here to tell you that if I can do this so can YOU! You will never be alone in this procedure, Dr. Salimitari is there the whole way, he will hold your hand when you need it to be held, and he will give you a hug when you need it, He is really good at giving me the encouragement I needed in the beginning, and he continues to give it now!

If you have the opportunity to have the Lab Band done DO IT! Have Dr. Salimitari DO it for you too, I have energy, I can play in the Water at the beach and not get winded, I can run, climb, hike and ride my bike. I can do all those things I thought I would never ever get to do again! You know what, you can do this too. I know I sound like a commercial I am a real person that is just so grateful and for the first time in 20 YEARS I feel beautiful! I love this man that gave me my life back, and if he can give you yours take IT WE DESERVE IT!

Thank you Dr. Salimitari

Sincerely,

Rhonda:thumbup::):thumbup:

I agree about Dr. Salimitari. He did my surgery back in February, and he's great. He truly cares & is the sweetest man ever.

I think we all agree, he is wonderful !!!!! he is the most caring, concerned, compasionate Dr. EVER!! you can't help but love him, sometimes I think he cares about me more than I do, any time I've wanted to just give up, he's there to encourage me, lift me up again, and make me feel like I'm am worth the effort. I guess over the years of a weight struggle you just feel like no one cares, but he makes sure you know how much he really does care. I know for me, I'll never be able to show or tell him just how much he means to me and how much he has changed my life. I don't know how many nights (before surgery and losing weight) I would just pray to die...then cry when I woke to see another day, another stuggle, another challenge. Now, because of Dr. Salimitari, I look forward to another day with my family, my friends, my patients. And yes Rhonda, I'm with you, if we can do this so can YOU, it's worth it...especially if you have the best Dr. EVER!! I too can just say *thank you Dr. Salimitari*, but that just doesn't seem like it's enough to me. I owe him so much....thanks to him I also have my life back

To everyone that may just be getting started with this jounery, I would like to encourage you to follow through, but be patient. I was a little discouraged at first, I guess I was still looking for my "miracle" weight loss, I expected it to be gone overnight. Dr. Salimitari kept encouraging me, telling me "give me 4-6 months, you'll lose 40 lbs or more, you'll be happy" now it has been 11 months, and I've lost 90 pounds. I'm so glad I didn't give up, so many times I just wantedto quit, give up just stay the way I was, well, that's what i've always known...failure...unable to lose the weight...always quiting, never believing in my self. Thank goodness Dr. Sal believed in me, he was my saving grace, I would have never done it without him, he made me want to keep going. I never wanted to disappoint him, so I did keep going and look where I'm at today. I can't say enough good things about Dr. Sal. LOVE him.. so stick with it...it's worth it. You can do it, just give it time, as we all know...there is no miracle diet, you have to want it, you have to work for it. Trust Dr. Sal. stick with him.......he's the BEST !!!!!

I just had my surgery on July 29th with Top Surgeons. I know that Dr Sal is who I originally saw for my orientation but he is not the Dr that did my LAP-BAND®. My surgeon was Dr Tashjian. Dr T (as he refers to himself) was very nice and spent a good amount of time with me before the surgery making sure I was aware of what was being done and I understood what was expected of me. He also will give out his cell number if you request it. Just don't call him at 3:00am to tell him how cute he is (he says it's happened! :angry:)

I have my first follow up appt this Tues with Dr T. I will let you all know a little more then. I'll even ask him what happened to Dr Sal... heck I'm not shy!

i had him as well he also told me not to call him at 3am to hit on him as it has happened before. nice man. very confident. i felt safe with him

No he is not associated with top surgeons, to the best of my knowledge he has not been for long.

As a matter of fact I went to his new office last week for adjustment, and as always he was unbelievable nice.

I love this guy, he is just unbelievable.

Here is his office no 310 470 8446

And website yourlapband.com

to the best of my knowledge he is still associated with this group. thanks for the link.

I was banded by UCSD and I am getting gross billing from top surgeons that my insurance company keeps denying.

I may be in for a fight.

No he is not associated with top surgeons, to the best of my knowledge he has not been for long.

As a matter of fact I went to his new office last week for adjustment, and as always he was unbelievable nice.

I love this guy, he is just unbelievable.

Here is his office no 310 470 8446

And website yourlapband.com

I was interested in getting my surgery with Dr.

Dr. Salimitari can anyone give me any feedback? How yor results have been any compliations? I am trying to find the right doctor. I noticed these post are pretty old.

glaudia2

I think you've come to the right place. Dr. Salimitari is the BEST!!!. I had my surgery on Jan. 9 2009, as of today I have lost 106 lbs. Dr. Salimitari has been just absolutely wonderful since day one. He is very thorough in explaining the procedure to you, he was there before I went in to surgery and he was there at my side when I woke up. I also remember it was him giving me pain meds through the IV in recovery instead of the nurses giving me shots. I have had problems since the surgery (not lap-band realated) each time I had problems, was sick or in the hospital...he was there always checking up on me. He always gives his patients his personal cell phone number, and if you have any problems, you call him directly. Try to find another Dr. like that. I've been in the medical field for 18 yrs, I've NEVER seen a Dr. do that before. When you call his office or go into the office, the girls are just great, you feel like you have a friend as soon as you meet them. The best thing I can say is to have consultation with him, I think as soon as you meet him, talk to him, you'll know if he's the right Dr. for you. You can also check out his web site at..yourlapband.com you can read about him, see where he went to school (very impressive)! I feel confident enough in him, that I had referred friends and patients of my own to him, they immediately switched from the Dr. they started with over to Dr. Sal. I don't think you'll be sorry, he's awesome. I just can't say enough good things about him. But you need to see that for yourself. His new office number is (310)470-8446, it's worth at least one appointment. Good luck, lets us know how it goes and what you're decision was. And yes, you're right the posts are old, seems like no one ever comes on here any more, if you have any questions, you can always send me a private message, I'll talk to you or help you as much as I can.

Him and his partner are amazing! Bice is right...just go for one consultation and you will see what we are talking about!

Good Luck!