Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shahram Salimitari M.D.

I had mine in Beverly Hills, and I am pretty sure that is the only place they the lapband surgeries.

Sorry...I guess I was not very clear. The poster asked what hospital they did their surgery at and I responded they do it at one of there centers. My intent was that they do not use a hospital but they do all their procedures at their centers/offices. I do not know if they do the lapband at any of their other facilities. I just was commenting that they do have an OR in Palmdale. They also do tummy tucks, face lifts, etc. They do all sorts of cosmetic and reconstructive surgery.

I had my lapband done in Beverly Hills too. I don't know what procedures they do at the Palmdale office. I just saw the map with 2 boxes that said OR and another that said recovery when I was getting my fill. I guess if I remember and I go back to that site again I might ask. I just thought it was interesting because I was under the impression that the only place they did surgery was in Beverly Hills.

Edited by itschoice

Hi All,

I am supposed to get banded tomorrow with Dr. Salimitari. I had somer concerns because the staff is so unprofessional. I just want to clarify that he is a good Dr. Any info on this doctor would be great. I am supposed to go to Beverly Hills tomorrow and I called because I took Aleve and Midol for cramping yesterday. The staff advised me that the doctor said I could still come in and havethe surgery and you know they say not to take anything for seven days, Help guys.....I need some input. Thanks Juana

Hi All,

I am supposed to get banded tomorrow with Dr. Salimitari. I had somer concerns because the staff is so unprofessional. I just want to clarify that he is a good Dr. Any info on this doctor would be great. I am supposed to go to Beverly Hills tomorrow and I called because I took Aleve and Midol for cramping yesterday. The staff advised me that the doctor said I could still come in and havethe surgery and you know they say not to take anything for seven days, Help guys.....I need some input. Thanks Juana

Juana,

I had the same experience with his staff not being professional. He is a very good doctor, very concerned with the patient's well-being, and very helpful when the staff is not. You will be fine with him doing your surgery. I was banded on 2/13/09, and have had no complications, the staff is trying at times, but he always makes up for it with his helpfulness, willingness to make things right, and compassion.

Thanks Sassye,

This really helps alot. I feel comfortable now. I do have one other question. I see a lot of post with people saying that they are still hungry and it's hard. I thought the lap band was supposed to make us feel full so that we are not hungry. Is this not true? Thanks

Thanks Sassye,

This really helps alot. I feel comfortable now. I do have one other question. I see a lot of post with people saying that they are still hungry and it's hard. I thought the lap band was supposed to make us feel full so that we are not hungry. Is this not true? Thanks

Juana,

It is hard, and you are hungry...unfortunately there is still no quick fix for obesity, but this is the one thing that is a VERY effective tool for you to lose weight, improve eating and lifestyle habits, and keep it off. You will feel hungry until you get the right amount of fills, and as you lose weight you will gradually lose some of your fat pad around your stomach where a fill that you felt a lot of restriction for maybe 2 weeks, you will be able to feel hunger and need another fill to get you back to that same feeling of restriction so you continually lose weight. As many people have said, this is about a year-long process, that most will lose around 100 pounds in a year. I have lost nearly 30 in 3 months, but I have completely changed the way I eat, what I eat, and how much I exercise. It is a tool, it will help you lose weight gradually and healthy, most won't even know you have done it, until you lose about 30 pounds because it looks like you have just been working really really hard at it, because you have, and you will have to. I will say that the band does empower you to pass up certain foods, and to be healthy, because if you are now resulting to surgery, what other choice do you have, for most of us this is our last resort, and it has to work, but it also takes YOU to want to do it, and make it work. Good luck, and if you need help send me a message, and we can talk or you can get my number and you can ask me anything you like. :thumbup:

:cursing:Hi Everybody! I am still going through the steps before surgery...I just had my endoscopy on May 2nd and was wondering if anyone can give me some more insight on what I will be doing next and how soon or long after the endoscopy do you get your appointment for surgery? Has anyone suffered any complications? I have weighted out the pros and cons from wedmd website but seeing that I'm at 305 and am only 5'3 I really need this someone please help ease my mind!!! :thumbsup:

:cursing:Hi Everybody! I am still going through the steps before surgery...I just had my endoscopy on May 2nd and was wondering if anyone can give me some more insight on what I will be doing next and how soon or long after the endoscopy do you get your appointment for surgery? Has anyone suffered any complications? I have weighted out the pros and cons from wedmd website but seeing that I'm at 305 and am only 5'3 I really need this someone please help ease my mind!!! :thumbsup:

I was a self-pay, but from what I understand if you are insurance, once the endoscopy is done, you should be getting an appointment in a few weeks to schedule, once everything comes back clear. I was banded 2.13.09, and Dr. Sal was great, I have had no complications and have nearly lost 30 pounds in 3 months. It was a fairly easy procedure, I had it on a Friday, went back to work on a Tuesday...I would recommend a week off, but I did it. It was one of the best decisions I ever made. Good luck!

so how does it feel like do you get as hungry as before but you already know you can't eat so it helps or do you get full really fast? On Saturday for my endoscopy I was scheduled for 2pm on puspose I wanted to test myself mentally I said self you can't eat so don't get all hungry and moody...LOL but it really wasn't hard which gave me hope that I can really do this.

I'm thinking about geting the Lap band procedure done but i have questions about it hopefully you guys can help... When you get the procedure done is it at a hospital or a surgery center? whats the name of the facility and where is it located? i just want to know the history of the facility. i've worked at a couple surgery centers and i know how some could be... did everything go good? was there any complications. did anyone get opened up because of a puncture to an organ?:rolleyes:

Hi...I had a good experiance with Dr Sal....his office staff sucks....but the surgeons are the best. It is a busy office and I think no matter where you go for this procedure you will find the same.

Hello, I was banded by Dr. Salimitari on 2-13-09 in the Beverly Hills surgery center. No complications, everything went smoothly. It's not a hospital but it feels like one, & they were very professional & I woke up in the recovery room feeling pretty good & ready to go home.

Good Luck with your banding. I was banded by Dr. S & I like him alot but for some reason neither him or anyone anywhere seems to know what size band I have, so I advise you tell him before surgery to make sure he writes it down. Iv'e been asking for 4 months with no answer. When thye switched doctors on me the new doctor asked what size band I have & I had no idea, he even called Beverly Hills where I got surgery & couldn't get an answer. It's nice to keep track of how many cc's you have in your band with each fill, I have almost 10 cc in my band & I finally have restriction so I assume I have a 14cc band even though Dr. S said he thought he out a 10cc band. I paid cash & still can't even find out my band size for sure, weird. Other than that I've had a good experience.

Thanks for the heads up about making sure to get your band size. That is weird, seems like an important detail...

I am getting banded by Dr. Salimitari on July 15th, gulp!!! I am starting to get the jitters but I think I am more excited than anything else.

The info on nutrition that Top Surgeons gave me for immediately post op was pretty sparse. Can anyone give me some suggestions on what is best to have handy? Can you have as much Clear liquids as necessary first 9 days or are there restrictions in amounts? You aren't supposed to have Protein shakes on clear liquid diet, right? That seems like I would get pretty dizzy just on Clear Liquids. Any suggestions? Also, I would love to hear some success stories from people being banded by Dr. Sal, just to set my nerves at ease...Thanks!

I'm thinking about geting the Lap band procedure done but i have questions about it hopefully you guys can help... When you get the procedure done is it at a hospital or a surgery center? whats the name of the facility and where is it located? i just want to know the history of the facility. i've worked at a couple surgery centers and i know how some could be... did everything go good? was there any complications. did anyone get opened up because of a puncture to an organ?:frown:

Hi I'm Sean and was banded on 7/2 09 by Dr. Sal.He is a very good Dr and did a very good job with my surgery. I had my surgery done at tri city Hosp in Hawain Gardens which was a good facility.They take very good care of you so It was a good experience.I go the the Dr office near where I for after care as don't want to drive all the way up to Beverly hill.Still feel hungry at times but can deal with it alot easier thne before the banding and will be getting my first adjustment on 7/31. You need to find a support group on your own as it is helpful in giving you idea and alos give you support on your journet