Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Shahram Salimitari M.D.

Kim,

I get banded the 13th as well. I am supposed to be there at 2:30 and surgery is at 3:30, so I will be right after you!!!

Good luck Ladies on your surgeries. Rest assure that you are in good hands. IF you have a nurse named Ami, she will take good care of you.

I was scheduled to go in to surgery at 1:00pm on a Wed. That Wed morning, they called me to go in an hour early at 12:00pm. I arrived at 12:00pm and filled out final paperwork. I sat there until 1:00pm in the front office. They made me take off all my jewlery. Once they took me to the back room, I had to take off all clothing accept my underwear (optional). Ami, my nurse hooked me up to an IV and I waited to see the Dr. Dr. Salimitari asked me if I had any questions, and he explained the procedure. I waited in the back room until 2:00pm. Take a good magazine or something to keep you occupied. You can't take anyone back with you to the back room. My mom said the whole procedure from 1:00PM until they woke me up and she was allowed to take me home was about 4 hours. She went to get my prescription filled next door. When I woke up, my tummy and boobs were real sore and I was real sleepy. Not too bad. TAKE A PILLOW for the ride home.

Good luck.

Hi, it's nice to know someone else is going to the same doctor. I just wish my insurance would've ended up paying for it. I had to get financing for it but it seems so expensive I just hope it's worth it.

I ended up financing mine too, but I saw it as 'what price is worth the rest of your life?' I mean it is a lot of money, but unlike things that you buy and they depreciate the moment you walk away, your life can only get better losing this weight, nothing positive comes from being obese....so look at it that way.

I'm excited too but kinda nervous. This will be my fourth surgery in a year & i hope it will be the last. I know other people read our comments so I don't wanna say how much I got it for but I'm curious if I got the deal they say I did. If you want to you can email me at harleygirlca@hotmail.com if you want me to tell you how much I'm paying. I agree wiith you about the cost of your health, I know it's worth it if it gives you a longer healthy life. I have an 11 yr old daughter that has tons of energy & I want to get back to feeling good & keep up with her. I'm 39 so I wanted to get this before turning 40! Good luck to you again, Kim

I was banded by Dr. Salimitari on Feb 25th 2009 in Beverly Hills. I am 2 weeks post op and feeling great. He is a truly great doctor and makes me feel very comfortable. I'm in Canoga Park if anyone wants more support people near them. :thumbup:

Hi Orionsgirl,

I was banded Feb 13th by him & I agree, I like him very much too.

Hi Kim. Do you see him in the West Hills office for follow ups? I do as it's much closer! I go on April 6th for a fill. I really hope the weight loss picks up for me =(

Hi back,

No I see him in his Palmdale office because it's closer to home. I did get the surgery in Beverly Hills though. I got a fill on tuesday, so far so good. :scared2:

I am getting banded by Salimitari but worried since he is not board certified. Did anyonehave any complications?

Nope, he was great, and I was fine after surgery. I was banded 2/13. He is really good about any issues you have, and has even given me and my husband his cell in case we had any questions or concerns.

Hi Everyone,I would have to agree he is awesome and very compassionate.I was banded by Dr.Salimitari on 12/31/08 weighing 217 lbs,I had my 3rd fill on 04/07/09 @ 5.5 CCs total with new weight @ 211 lbs.How come my stories aren't as successful?Should'nt I at least be losing about 10lbs a month? What is stragedies or diets is everyone using to lose? How much CCs should you have to get the ball rolling? Where is the medium with the CCs? My band is only 10ccs,I'm half way full and only lost 6lbs not good.I still have 60 more lbs to lose to be at my ideal weight of 150lbs,what should I do?

Loser Bander

Hello,

I too was banded by him on Feb 13th & no complications either. He is such a sweet caring doctor. Iv'e lost 14 lbs which isn't as good as I could have so on tues when I got another fill he asked me to keep a food journal & stop drinking alcohol so frequently & wants to see me again in two weeks, also he suggested calling the Beverly Hills office to make appt for the support group. I told him I have issues in my personal life so i think he wants me to deal with things that may be interferring with my weight loss. I recommend him to anyone looking for a great lap band surgeon he actually cares about his patients unlike some places that just want your money.

Hi Everyone,I would have to agree he is awesome and very compassionate.I was banded by Dr.Salimitari on 12/31/08 weighing 217 lbs,I had my 3rd fill on 04/07/09 @ 5.5 CCs total with new weight @ 211 lbs.How come my stories aren't as successful?Should'nt I at least be losing about 10lbs a month? What is stragedies or diets is everyone using to lose? How much CCs should you have to get the ball rolling? Where is the medium with the CCs? My band is only 10ccs,I'm half way full and only lost 6lbs not good.I still have 60 more lbs to lose to be at my ideal weight of 150lbs,what should I do?

Loser Bander

Every person is different. I had my surgery on 12/3/08 and I just had my 4th fill on the 7th. I too have a 10 cc band and the Dr. has put in a total of 6.2 cc's. I started to fill major restriction after my second fill and I was told that I was lucky. Many don't feel restriction until their 4th or 5th fill.

The restriction has made a huge difference but so has exercise. I am training for a 10K and I jog 3 miles at least two to three days a week. (Usually more) When I get frustraited and I know it's too early for a fill, I change my exercise routine. Next week I'm hitting the boxing gym in addition to my jogging to change it up and increase my workout intensity. Another thing to consider is that I had a lot more weight to lose than you. I started at 276 lbs and am down to 226 lbs. I may feel exactly the same way as you if I were as small as you. The smaller you are the harder it is.