Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

I'm supposed to have my band placed Nov.3. Does the band help with hunger? I've been trying to diet and lose weight but I just feel hungry ALL the time especially today. I think it might be in my head but I don't know how to stop it or control it! Ugh, I'm feeling like what is the point of getting the band if I won't be able to stop eating! I'm so depressed after the day I had!:tt1:

I was told that the band will help with physiological hunger but we have to handle any head hunger on our own. Sorry!

The PP is right - when you new pouch (the part above the band) is filled with Protein you will not feel physical hunger for hours at a time. If you fill that pouch with things other than Protein you will feel just like you do pre-banding. The head hunger is a whole seperate issue.... try the book "Emotional First Aid Kit..."

[ame=http://www.amazon.com/Emotional-First-Aid-Kit-Practical/dp/0976852616/ref=pd_bbs_sr_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1221526751&sr=8-1]Amazon.com: The Emotional First Aid Kit: A Practical Guide to Life After Bariatric Surgery: Alexander Cynthia L.: Books[/ame]

Yes, It does help. Once you go through it, you will not want to eat and it will not let you eat more than you should. It does take time. I had mine put on June 23rd. I go for a fill on Oct 3rd. Be patience...:tt1:

Hi,

I also suffered from emotional eating and asked my surgeon the same question, his answer was that it doesn't matter "if you cant put the petrol in" I've only been banded for 5 days and on liquid diet have already lost 6 kilos (13lb). My goal is to lose about another 70lb and be able to shake high blood pressure, diabetes and also depression. What I am going to do is focus on the positives like the above, feeling healthier and not so tired all the time. Also that continue down sizing of clothes and receiving comments on how good I'm looking. I just this minute came back from the supermarket buying myself some new Soup flavours. Stay positive, dont focus on food, use the band as your tool, feel good about yourself and I'm sure the rest will fall into place. GOOD LUCK!

I -was- a major emotional eater. Anytime I got bored, I instinctively searched out something to eat. I still find myself heading for the fridge when I have nothing better to do. Things are different now; eating just isn't fun anymore - it's becoming a chore really.<?xml:namespace prefix = o ns = "urn:schemas-microsoft-com:office:office" /><o:p></o:p>

<o:p></o:p>

Before I had my band, it was so bad that I would think, "What am I going to do when I can't really eat anymore??" It really bothered me. However, now that I have the band, have lost 70 lbs (officially today!), and am able to exercise without being miserable, things are much clearer. I’m happier, healthier, and more motivated than ever!<o:p></o:p>

<o:p> </o:p>

There are time, however, even now that I find myself grazing- looking for something to stick in my mouth even though I’m full or just ate. That always happens to me when I have PMS or didn’t get enough sleep the night before. Which leads to a very valid question – have you spoken to your doctor about the desires you have to eat all the time? It’s possible that this is very physical. For example – do you get enough sleep? Exercise? (exercise is more enjoyable when you begin to lose weight). Sometimes overeating can be caused by your body’s attempt to raise your metabolism. Could that be the case here?

<o:p> </o:p>

PS: Why I was writing this, I forgot that I was eating lunch and by the time I remembered, I didn’t want to eat anymore so I threw it away – I would NEVER have been able to do that before the surgery.

I honestly think I am bored to the point of depression. food makes me happy and though I've never binged because of depression or stress before I see myself starting to do so. We just moved here and I haven't met anyone and my husband's job takes him away 5 days at a time. I'm a stay at home mom so I get pretty lonely. I want to change but don't know how. I'm applying for this job because I'm pretty burnt out on bein a SAHM. I still haven't got a call back though. UGH!Hugs would be nice and if anyone is hiring?LOL!

I honestly think I am bored to the point of depression. food makes me happy and though I've never binged because of depression or stress before I see myself starting to do so. We just moved here and I haven't met anyone and my husband's job takes him away 5 days at a time. I'm a stay at home mom so I get pretty lonely. I want to change but don't know how. I'm applying for this job because I'm pretty burnt out on bein a SAHM. I still haven't got a call back though. UGH!Hugs would be nice and if anyone is hiring?LOL!

If you live in DFW and know computers really well - I'm looking for two new help desk agents. Trust me when I say there wouldn't be time to worry about food:closedeyes:

Unfortunately I live in Montana and am not up for that kind of commute LOL!:0) Also, I'm pretty lucky that I can even post on this forum I am so bad with computers. Sorry but appreciate the thought really I do!!:):)

major emotional eater here....

but when you hit that sweet spot with the band and fills.. trust me there is only so much you can put in before it comes back up...

im 18mth post op and i still struggle with the head hunger sometimes..

but yes the band does help with regular hunger.. and stops binge eating with the amount of space you have to fill up