Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Dr.Titus Duncan Peachtree Bariatrics GA??

Hi, I wanted to find out if anyone on here has used Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics Dr. Titus Duncan in Georgia? I have heard that some only saw Dr. Duncan for the initial visit, but that he didn't do their surgery? I believe I have to attend a seminar before making my first appointment. I guess this is to get all my paper work together to see if my insurance will pay or not. When I asked the office how long it would take to get my first appointment with the doctor, after attending the seminar, they said it was all up to the patient. She said their process was "Patient Driven", so all I have to work with for now is attending the seminar. :redface: I'd really like to hear from anyone who has been to this seminar and office to see how your process was, so I know a little more of what to expect. Thank you :frown:

Hi, I wanted to find out if anyone on here has used Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics Dr. Titus Duncan in Georgia? I have heard that some only saw Dr. Duncan for the initial visit, but that he didn't do their surgery? I believe I have to attend a seminar before making my first appointment. I guess this is to get all my paper work together to see if my insurance will pay or not. When I asked the office how long it would take to get my first appointment with the doctor, after attending the seminar, they said it was all up to the patient. She said their process was "Patient Driven", so all I have to work with for now is attending the seminar. :biggrin: I'd really like to hear from anyone who has been to this seminar and office to see how your process was, so I know a little more of what to expect. Thank you :D

I have not heard anything about Dr. Duncan, but from what you are saying, he doesn't sound great. The office said the appointments are "patient driven"? Something does not sound right. Maybe you should look into finding a different physician and comparing. Remember you are paying for this service, with or without insurance!

Hi I've heard of Dr. Titus he is pretty well known when it comes to gastric bypass. However he's become pretty big in his field and I don't think he really does that many hands on surgery himself but teaches alot. I'm using Atlanta bariatrics.com The office is in Johns Creek with Dr. Hart and Dr. Johnson. They have a support meeting once a month you can attend and listen to what other people have to say about there experience. I've completed all there steps and awaiting approval and a date for surgery.:lol:

Hi Lisa, Dr Titus Duncan and his staff are awesome. The time between the seminar and surgery was about 6 weeks. Dr Duncan does the seminars. I was seen by another doctor for the first visit. And Dr Duncan did my surgery.( he can be seen every thursday morning on channel 5news) You will learn this at the seminar. I had to get clearences from a cardiologist, pulmanary dr, referring doctor. I had to have physical, ekg, stress test. All this will have to be done before they will even make an appointment with you. It seems like a lot but it was worth it. I recommend when you find out if your insurance will pay. Go ahead and start making your appointment w/these doctors. Good luck and if you decided to go w/Peachtree Baricatric I think you will be very happy.

Hi, I wanted to find out if anyone on here has used Peachtree Surgical & Bariatrics Dr. Titus Duncan in Georgia? I have heard that some only saw Dr. Duncan for the initial visit, but that he didn't do their surgery? I believe I have to attend a seminar before making my first appointment. I guess this is to get all my paper work together to see if my insurance will pay or not. When I asked the office how long it would take to get my first appointment with the doctor, after attending the seminar, they said it was all up to the patient. She said their process was "Patient Driven", so all I have to work with for now is attending the seminar. :teeth_smile: I'd really like to hear from anyone who has been to this seminar and office to see how your process was, so I know a little more of what to expect. Thank you :)

Do you know anything about Dr. Johnson at Atlanta Bariatrics. I am trying to find people that have gone through him for the lapband procedure. I would love to find out people's thoughts. Did you end up seeing Dr. Duncan or did you see Dr. Johnson?

I did not want anything foreign in my body like a lap band so I elected to have the permanent surgery. I has been 4 yrs and feel wonderful. Dr. Titus Duncan and his staff are rated the best in the southeast. It is a long process because it is not a quick fix. No everyone should have bypass surgery. Dr. Duncan checks everybody out intensive and does super work. I did see him, and the hospital has all on one floor. He did 5 the day he did mine. Wonderful and I would recommend him to anyone. Good luck.

I researched a few surgeons in Atanta and decided on Dr. Titus Duncan (Peachtree Bariatrics & Surgical) for one because he is in my network and two is one of the best in the industry.

I read the earlier post about his process being patient driven and the comment following that something was wrong with that approach, but I found it is wonderful!

Patient driven means it is up to you the patient to get all the pre-op done and show that you are really serious about the surgery. Why waste a physician's time with consultations to only back out. I am driven so I guess this appealed to my need to feel somewhat in control.

6/20/09 Seminar

6/22/09 Met with PCM

6/23/09 Nutrion Evaluation

6/24/09 Psych Evaluation

6/25/09 Cardiologist EKG/Stress Test

7/10/09 Packet submitted to insurance for approval

I have Tricare Prime - South and what I have heard is the approval should be pretty quick. My coordinator at PSB instructed me to check with Tricare around Wed. 7/15. I am trying not to be so anxious but know that once I get the approval I will still have a little bit more waiting because Dr. Titus' surgery schedule stays pretty full.

Dr. Duncan has great bedside mannner.

I have an appointment to meet Dr. Titus Duncan for my pre-op at the end of the month. But it is not with Peachtree Bariatrics, it's with True Results. Did they change their name? They are located on Peachtree Dunwoody Rd by the Hilton.

I have an appointment to meet Dr. Titus Duncan for my pre-op at the end of the month. But it is not with Peachtree Bariatrics, it's with True Results. Did they change their name? They are located on Peachtree Dunwoody Rd by the Hilton.

NO TRUE RESULTS USE BOTH DR. DUNCAN AND DR. HART

VERY PROFESSIONAL STAFF AT THIS LOC AND LOOKING FORWARD TO MY NEXT APPT WHICH SHOULD BE PRE-OP WAITING TO BE SUBMITTED TO INSURANCE.:biggrin: