Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Mississippi Bandsters!

Sorry I have not posted lately, I'm still waiting for Medicare to approve the CMMC hospital in Jackson, MS. I'm going to a Lapband support group on Dec. 11th. My 1st. one at this hospital, maybe I'll find out something than.

Glad to hear other people are doing good. I'll make it yet.

Don

I'm 65 and I am trying to have it done.

I went to a Gastric Bypass & Banding support group meeting at CMMC in Jackson, MS on 12-11-2007. I'm waiting on the Medicare "Seal of Excelents" for CMMC. They said it should be any day now. Other than that, nothing new. faint.gif

Don

I'm looking at Dr. Avera. Were you happy? How many bands has he done?

If your asking me about CMMC, I don't know of a Dr. Avera at CMMC. The only Doc's I know of there doing Bypass or Banding is Dr. Cleveland & Dr. Cummins

Don

Hi there...I have been mising in action for maybe 3 months. Trust me I have not fell off of the plan. I am going strong and the weight loss has slowed a bit--but with 54 pounds gone--I am one of the happiest people around...

So I am here and I hope to offer some more input as the time goes on...

Wow Small World It Is. I Live Laurel. I Am Having Trouble Making The Decision Of Whether To Have The Surgery (lapband) Or Not. I Will Be Self Pay, And Have Not Had Much Support From Friends Or Family. I Dont Want To Hear All The I Told Ya So's If For Some Reason I Dont Lose All My Weight Or If It Has To Be Taken Out And You Know All That Crap. Guess I Am Making Excuses But, I Just Dont Know What To Do. I Know I Am Sick Of Being Fat.

WHAT ABOUT DR. CLEVELAND IN JACKSON. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HIS SELF PAY COST IS?. i AM SCHEDULED FOR A SEMINAR ON JAN 8. WHAT ALL IS INCLUDED AND WHAT IS NOT IN THE SURGICAL PROCESS?

WHAT ABOUT DR. CLEVELAND IN JACKSON. DOES ANYONE KNOW WHAT HIS SELF PAY COST IS?. i AM SCHEDULED FOR A SEMINAR ON JAN 8. WHAT ALL IS INCLUDED AND WHAT IS NOT IN THE SURGICAL PROCESS?

Hi DOCOP,

If you read back a page or two on this thread you will see what I'm going through & I might have mensioned the price.

I'm doing to call CMMC to see when the next seminar is or the support group meeting is and go to it.

The cost for the Gastric Banding (Lapband) is about $16,200.00. I'm not sure all that is included but you will find out at the semenar. I have been to two semenars & really learned a lot. I'm waiting for the hospitol to be "OK'd" by Medicare, watch should be any day now. I can't afford self pay myself.

My name is Don, maybe I'll see you there.

I really like the two Doc's there, they are straight forward and don't beat around the bush in what they tell you. I am going to have it done, but it gets frustraiting waiting for the OK from Medicare.

PS: Have you gone to Welcome to LAP-BAND.com . It's a very good site to learn about what's involved, but you learn much more at the seminar.

Don

Hi DOCOP,

If you read back a page or two on this thread you will see what I'm going through & I might have mensioned the price.

I'm doing to call CMMC to see when the next seminar is or the support group meeting is and go to it.

The cost for the Gastric Banding (Lapband) is about $16,200.00. I'm not sure all that is included but you will find out at the semenar. I have been to two semenars & really learned a lot. I'm waiting for the hospitol to be "OK'd" by Medicare, watch should be any day now. I can't afford self pay myself.

My name is Don, maybe I'll see you there.

I really like the two Doc's there, they are straight forward and don't beat around the bush in what they tell you. I am going to have it done, but it gets frustraiting waiting for the OK from Medicare.

PS: Have you gone to Welcome to LAP-BAND.com . It's a very good site to learn about what's involved, but you learn much more at the seminar.

Don

Correction on the website. Welcome to LAP-BAND.com

Correction on the website. Welcome to LAP-BAND.com

it should have www in front of lapband but when I post it it changes. Strange.

i have looked at it, but it seems that there are variations to what each facility and doctor provides or requires. I have considered dr. avery in pascagoula but its a little too far. i can be in jackson in 45 min. Dr Cleveland and his partner is who i have decided to use. i still dont know much about him but am looking forward to the seminar. thanks for your reply.

I was banded on 11/26 by Dr. Byars at Baptist in Oxford, Ms. I started at 315 about 5 weeks ago and this morining weighed 290. I realize that the band is a tool and am excited about having it to aide me in my weight loss.

Hey everyone! I am in the process of moving to Oxford. I was banded there by Dr. Byars in August. I guess my signature says it all! Nice to see fellow Mississippians on here!

i have looked at it, but it seems that there are variations to what each facility and doctor provides or requires. I have considered dr. avery in pascagoula but its a little too far. i can be in jackson in 45 min. Dr Cleveland and his partner is who i have decided to use. i still dont know much about him but am looking forward to the seminar. thanks for your reply.

Sorry to say. No word about Medicare yet.

I went to the latest support group on 01-08-2008 an it was the same ans. "any day now". There might about 200plus people waiting for the "OK". Not sure were I stand on the list. The support group meets every 2nd Tuesday of the month at 7:00 PM. (1900 Hrs.).

I think this is why they call us "PATIENTS".

Don