Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

Hey,

So of course I have bad news...DAMN that Halloween candy! Damn that Wal-Mart candy isle! Unfortunately I tossed a life saver to the Mini Mint Three Musketeers yesterday after I made them walk the plank about 3 weeks ago. I was trying to ignore there calls from the deep sea of my taste bud memories. But I saw that mint green package of eight Mini Mint Musketeers for .97 cents. Oh What A World! What A World! :D

Edited by Melolo

Mel - OK. So you bought one package, right? And you are savoring them - one at a time, one every few days, right?

If not, well, there's always tomorrow when you can trim your sails and sail into the ocean of good food...

I think the metaphor is now dead. Drowned, I do believe!

I had a skinny cow fudgesickle last night. 100 calories and it cured the crazy craving for marble slabs super creamy white chocolate icecream.

And I discovered my new favorite meal!!! It's perfect for someone like me who isn't a cook.

I cut up two small chicken breast (I like tyson's natural boneless skinless) Then cook it on top of the stove in some pam, then I poured a bag of green giants mixed veggies. (I like the package of snap peas, new potatoes, and red peppers) put a dab of margarine (you don't have to) and some molly mcbutter, and lots of pepper. I love pepper.

Oh it was great. Molly Mcbutter has sodium, but I'm not a salt girl and my blood pressure is fine so I don't load anything with salt, but I'm not against it.

I also sauteed some squash. Is that how you spell sauteed? I'm gonna have to google it.

I ate a little too much of it, but I don't feel bad, because I didn't eat Breakfast or lunch, I felt nautous for most of the day for some reason.

Lol -Tapshoes, I will savor the last one today. I gave away some of them. I will drown them. Ladies do pray that I find comfort in a healthier snack and that I stay away from Wally World. Damn that Wally World! :D

OK people - it is Friday. That means the weekend, which for many of us, is the difficult time to avoid our particular food demons. So, let's have a rousing chorus of:

I can do this. I am stronger than my cravings.

I can't hear you.....

Melolo - stay away from Wally World/candy aisles/mini musketeers

Ezma and RSG - Say 'ICK' to the ice cream.

Shiny and Densie - Keep to your SB Diet plan.

SMSmith - avoid those processed sugars.

Jamie - get on the eliptical

NO WALLY WORLD! NO WALLY WORLD! KEEP MY MONEY IN MY POCKET! :)

I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS! I CAN DO THIS!

I've done 2 out of 2 nights on the elliptical so far. It is kicking my butt. I'm working on building up my endurance on it, then I'll work more on speed and resistance.

Yeah Jamie! Keep it up!

How are you doing Ezma? Avoiding the demon ice cream?

RSG - keep strong! Avoid the ice cream. Distract yourself with artwork if the spirit moves you.

Melolo - Do not be led into Wally World. Save your money for a new wardrobe at goal weight, or a new pair of funky/spunky shoes for now.

No candy aisles.

I have decided starting Monday to try to stick to my guns and give up sugar. I will not let my self have just a bite of this or that. If someone brings forbidden foods to work, I will just have to stay strong.

I really want to lose the 5 lbs I have gained and lose 5 more. That will never happen until I get the sugar out of my system.

I'm doing okay. Back down to my low spot but just bounce up and down a pound or two. I decided I was gonna start the South Beach today instead of Monday but found out we're going to friends for dinner. Of all the things she's serving I'll only be able to eat salad and I don't do very well with the lettuce. So, here I am, half way thru the first day and doing pretty well and figure I'll have to start tomorrow or Monday with the others. Either way, the day is going well food-wise.

Tap - I'm so glad you're gonna see your doctor. You've been so good and it really should be moving for you. I'm dying to see what he says about it. Wonder if it's a thyroid thing or something like that. Wishing you good luck in figuring it out. You deserve the best.

Good thoughts for all. We are stronger than our cravings!

I'm also increasing my Water that seems to be helping....I keep a huge glass of water by my bed ...because I'm a bad night eater I wake stuff myself without even knowing sometimes and go back to bed ...crazy I know ....

Congrats smsm! You're doing really well and you have to lost weight to show for it. Yay!

I ate some ice cream. Didn't help that we went to dinner at friend's house last night and guess what they had for dessert? Yep, ice cream. Wasn't too bad since I had been really good all day but it meant no weight loss for me today. Back in the saddle today, gonna try to make it all day on South Beach today. I need a jump start getting this worked out. I can already tell I'm gonna have problems since I don't have a simple, go to breakfast worked out yet. I just can't do eggs every day. I can have my yogurt, it's fat free with only 4 carbs but I usually have it with fruit. Guess I'll have to figure out how to eat it plain or something else to mix in it.