Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Givin' up the ice cream

OK so clearly I need to do some research b/c I don't know what foods contain sugar alcohols. I'm a diet coke addict and wonder if the aspartame(?) in it makes me hungrier and/or makes me less full.

Most foods have the nutrition information right on the label. They will say if there is sugar alcohol in them.

Are you going to have trouble giving up the diet coke when you get your band? We aren't supposed to have anything carbonated.

I did snack on corn chips and ranch dressing *cringe* but they have since dissapeared. The corn chips to my lab and the ranch in the trash.

One slip is just that, a slip. It's over. I'm sure your Lab will appreciate any other mistakes that may magically appear. I know my last Lab was a animal garbeurator...any food, any time, from any where. Getting him healthy was a challenge as he was a real sneak and such a beggar when anyone came to the house.

Shelly - pump up your Proteins - throw some Protein powder into your liquids.

Smith - Cookie free for a week - YEAH!!! Ice cream 3X??

SNT - Suffering last meal syndrome???

Joanne - yes, it is best if you can avoid your 'guilty pleasure'; you have great will power!

Ezma - substitutions are good...keep it up!

RSG - You are doing good on the ice-cream. Maybe one addiction at a time is the best approach. You can do this; I believe in you.

Hey it's me. I'm still Three Musketeer Mint Minis free... Tapshoe, I just love the way you encourage everyone and give them some good advice. Keep up the good work. That's the kind of motivation we all need. Thanks:tt1:

Great job Melolo! That's a long time to stay away from the addiction. Keep it up.

Most foods have the nutrition information right on the label. They will say if there is sugar alcohol in them.

Are you going to have trouble giving up the diet coke when you get your band? We aren't supposed to have anything carbonated.

Nah, I'll be OK. I'm going to use the banding surgery as a "new beginning." No more soda and no more sugar. I've gotten off the sugar once, I know I can do it again. It's funny b/c my doctor hasn't mentioned anything about getting off soda. I asked him point blank and he doesn't agree with the notion that it causes slippage.

I've seen too many folks post on here that their docs are anti-soda so I'm just going to go with that. Both of my parents are DC addicts as well so I came by it honestly but there is nothing there nutritionally for me so again, I'm going with the mindset that it's bad for me! :tt1:

Great job Melolo! That's a long time to stay away from the addiction. Keep it up.

Thanks Ezma, I hope that you've been successful as well. I love the fact that If I mess up I can always get back, and dust myself off, and try again. I use to feel like such a faluire before but once I got the Band I realize...That yes I may make mistakes but this band is still in me and I have to keep on keeping on...quoted from Gladys Knight and the Pips:lol:

Hey it's me. I'm still Three Musketeer Mint Minis free... Tapshoe, I just love the way you encourage everyone and give them some good advice. Keep up the good work. That's the kind of motivation we all need. Thanks:tt1:

Ahhh, shucks! :) Thanks. We are all in this together, and we are all helping each other. As for you, glad to hear that those 3 musketeers walked the plank! Yeah you!!!

Ahhh, shucks! :tt1: Thanks. We are all in this together, and we are all helping each other. As for you, glad to hear that those 3 musketeers walked the plank! Yeah you!!!

Thanks Tapshoes, I'm in it to win it. WoW! I don't know what's gotten into me:w00t:

I am doing good avoiding sugar today. Hope I make it through the evening. That's my worse time.

Supposedly, carbonation can stretch the pouch. I have never heard of that it can cause a slip. Most of us just say it makes us feel like something is stuck . Like a burp is stuck and won't come out . It's uncomfortable.

So, I'm still nut free....well mostly. I had a scoop of Peanut Butter on an apple for lunch...but that's allowed, right? I don't have it often (a few weeks ago, I think), AND I did not then have my nut allotment last night. So in my pea-brain I'm sticking with the plan....weigh in is tomorrow!

I'd say Peanut Butter is fine. It's not crunchy and salty and probably won't kick in your nut addiction. Plus it was nut night anyway. You've done absolutely fabulous with getting control of the nuts Tap. It's great to have you back. Good luck on the weigh in.

I had weight watchers fudge brownie ice cream just now. not doin too good giving up ice cream completely, but at least this is a small amount and 140 calories.I am not even sure how many calories would be in baskin and robbins for one scoop, but it's probably around 400.

hey what and mostly how much didi or are u eating now. when did u get restriciton and how do u know if u have it. im desperate. brenda in arkansas