Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies 07~18 months later...

Janine,

So you thinking about putting up a different picture???

I mean it's fine and all but we've been looking at that same shady picture for what's going to be 2 years soon. Just asking.

Carol,

Moving is hard to do when your body hurts. Are there measures you can take, a knee brace, different shoes, more time in the Water, that would help? You've probably been down that road already. I'm just trying to be helpful.

What about it????

here's me muffin top and all!!

Hey Janine, congrats on being rebanded! Sorry I'm late to the party...I have been so busy this term. Is it easier the second time, now that you know what to expect? I've heard from some that rebanding (or any revision) is harder to recover from, because the scar tissue makes the surgery more technically difficult (and longer). But I wonder if Bandster Hell is easier when you have an idea how long it lasts, and maybe even since you spent so long with no band...just thoughts. I'm so happy for you!:rolleyes2:

Juli, I really liked what you wrote about not comparing yourself to others, and your other thoughts in your post. This does become like a diet after a while, in a way--or it probably should if we are to continue all the way to goal. Some make it there without going into diet mode, but just eating smaller portions of junk food can only get you so far. I'm well into that kind of "diet fatigue" phase by now. I'm tired of making the right decision all the time, and my occasional treats become much more regular than they should. And it's much easier to make the wrong decision--not only because it's what I want to do, but because time and trying to eat between classes, when stuck at the hospital, etc etc...factors add up that make it so much easier to make choices that don't support continuing weight loss. This semester, I think if I make it through without gaining I'll be doing well. But I do want to get to goal...perhaps it will happen before the end of the year, perhaps not.

Jeni, I hope things are looking better for you. If insomnia is really plaguing you now, I'd consider going back for that sleep aid for a limited period of time--no more than a week, just to break the cycle. You don't want to depend on it to sleep. But during super stressful times--for me, when I was just starting my divorce proceedings from my ex years ago--it can help break that insomnia cycle. And exercise really helps, too. Take care, and I hope things get better!

Everyone, I hope folks are doing well!

Janine,

cute picture. We all have muffin tops.

Gwen,

I feel you about getting through school witout gaining as success. It's too hard at times.

:smile2::thumbup:

wow im so happy to be back! i miss you guys so much!

looks like everyone is doing good and that makes me so happy

since ive been in the HR position my life has been hell! I dislike my job very much i feel like i made the worst mistake by leaving my old position!

Under alot alot alot of stress!!:drool:

the stress has made me very bitter and angry :wub:

so ive been applying at other jobs almost willing to take a pay cut to get away from here....

i applied at a childrens hospital and im waiting to hear back from them on if they want to offer the job to me, the original position i applied for the lady said i was overquailified for :girl_hug: so she told me about a new department that they are creating and she said she was going to speak to her director about me and she did! so im just waiting to hear back from them.:thumbup:

pray for me and my mental health! Im very serious!

love u guys 4 listening.....:smile2:

oh yeah as far as the doctor

i havent been there in 2 months i need a fill really bad i ate 16 pieces of sushi on yesterday! i have an appointment for Monday

yeah i suck!

thanks for listening

So i went yesterday to see my surgeon for a fill adjustment.. and that .5cc's helped... not at the sweet spot but it is much better and pretty close to it!!

But i was talking to my surgeon and he was telling me about how i should be careful on what i read on the boards only because sometimes i could be learning new ways to eat around the band without even knowing it.. like over chewing my food.!!! didn't think you can over chew food.. but i'm going to try to chew a little less and see what happens...

And i also got my yearly cholesterol results.. and im so disappointed!!! its still borderline... aroun the same number!!! It kinda sux considering ive changed my life around so much... At least there is proof int my hdl levell that i have changed my activity level... My HDL(the good cholesterol) Went up from 40 to 57!!! The only way to raise that one is to increase the activity level!! so im happy about that...

This just goes to show you genetics play a huge role in cholesterol levels... my whole family is cursed by high cholesterol, and im slowly getting there!!

Texas, good luck on getting that new position.. its hard working in a high stressful job.. and being unhappy doing it.. keep us updated.

Gwen, I actually called my Dr. and he called in a prescription for ambien.. i took it last night and slept like a baby... 10hrs.. it felt real good to get some rest.. i was actually able to think straight at work today... which is probably a good idea considering i stick "little" people with needles all day.. lol... I'm going to try not to use the ambien every night because it kinda scares me the whole possibility of becoming relient on it... (and ive gone back to excercise again and its helping alliviate some of the stress) So how is the school going for you???

Juli, i completely agree w/ your view on not comparing yourself to others on the board... everyone is different..Like my surgeon said be careful what you read..

Janine, how are you doing since re-banding??

Edited by Jeni 85

Hi Everyone, I'm back. Had to get a new computer. The cord burned out of my four year old laptop. Thank goodness my daughter was home. She was using it when it began to smoke.

I've had a chance to read up on the past posts. Janine, I'm so glad you were able to get rebanded.

Good Luck to all who will be returning back to school. I wish you all the best and to be able to control your stress levels and make good food choices and exercise.

Just want to let you in on something. When I was last able to post, I was having trouble keeping anything down. Thinking I was too restricted I went to the doctor to get unfilled. Well, what he told me was that at times the band tends to collapse. Causing the PBing problems I was having. He took .25cc out, I had 3cc in.

It's been 3 weeks now and I'm going back to have some put back in. I'm beginning to eat a bit more. So, I need to get back on track.

I missed you all. I needed you to keep me in check. So, I'm back online and back in the gym.

Thanks for being here.

Edited by Whitepants

Congrats thickchick! That's just awesome--I'm so proud of you. Good luck in your new adventure.

Hi kids.

It's been crazy in my life.

Too much to go into here, but it's getting better.

Hope everyone is well. I'll keep checking in. Someone needs to start the October thread....if not I will tomorrow or the day after.

Hugs to everyone.

J