Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Marchies 07~18 months later...

thanks juli... i needed that...:thumbup:

Did everyone make it through the terrible IKE. It rain alot here in Missouri and its cold. Its suppose to warm up this week.

Two week till vacation and I have not lost the weight that I really wanted to lose. I'm really dreading the flight its so long, and those seats are not the most comfortable.

Sorry so many are MIA. We need your support around here.

We are still dealing with power outtages here in Central Ohio. My work has no power nor does my duaghter's school. Luckily I have power at home. I've hold my friends groceries too because her power is still off.

Interesting times indeed.

J

lots of streets are still flooded by my school... its by a river.... so school has been closed since saturday

Glad to hear you all are ok. Its been a trying time for all. Sure not really for fall. We leave in two weeks for vacation and still not lost all that I wanted to lose. I'm looking forward to a great time.

Glad to hear you all are ok. Its been a trying time for all. Sure not really for fall. We leave in two weeks for vacation and still not lost all that I wanted to lose. I'm looking forward to a great time.

hope you have a wonderful trip.. and its ok.. the weight loss will come down.. a little at a time...

im not to concerned about that right now.. im just worried about these panic attacks i have been getting lately... im going to try o stay strong till friday.. when i see my dr.

Hi Everyone.

Well I am rebanded. Doc said there was no fat around the organs or the liver. Thank god, with the weight I have put on I was afraid. There was a lot

of scar tissue so he was there an extra hour in surgery. I think he did an excellent job, I am not nearly as bruised as last time.

He put in the new 14cc band which normally goes on men but he wants to make sure I don't slip again so he went with the bigger one. He was going to put in 4cc's at the time of surgery but decided to keep it empty because of the swelling from the scar tissue.

I am going to take this nice and slow. Thanks everyone for all the kind words.

My journey has begun once again.

Congrats, Janine. :thumbup::thumbup::thumbdown::crying::cool::smile2::thumbup::biggrin::w00t::lol::wink::thumbup: So happy for you! You are on your way this time, gurrrrrrrrrllllllllllll!!! I'm so happy for you (can you tell?). The future is bright, indeed!

Janine, that's fantastic to hear. You'll do great. Keep us up to date.

Hey you other marchies, how you doing with you weight loss? Are people still exercising? Anyone going clothing crazy?

Thanks everyone. It has been interesting on the other board. We have a big group that is divided by day of surgery. My surgery date is a very active group of people. I am on full liquids now, it is amazing to me that being only 3 days out some in this group are eating chicken salad and eggs! Yikes I guess I am going into this a bit paranoid.

Julie and Mamma you both seem to be hovering 180ish, I know we always want to see that magic 135 that is quite hard to get too. But would you say you feel pretty good if you stayed at 180 ish? I am setting my goal for 170. Is it ideal no, but I won't beat myself up over it either, what do you think?

Julie how is the body bugg going for you. They were talking a little about it on biggest loser this week?

How does everyone feel now 18 mts out as far as restriction. Do most feel they are at their sweet spots. Are most of you happy were your weight is at and feel your a success? Do you feel that you made the right decision.

It is amazing to me to see the people that have the rny how often they regain the weight. When I was in the hospital a few people that I encontered spoke of how they had the full RNY. Most are about 8 years out and packing on the pounds. Very interesting thing I was told some are thinking of having the lapband put on their stomachs, I guess they are starting to do this it is a new trend. I would be terrifyed!

Im not at the sweet spot.. i go see my surgeon on thurseday...

and i have going up and down the same 5 lbs for the past month and it is driving me absolutely nuts..

but anyways i saw my pcp and told him everthing.. it made me feel a bit better telling him. he gave me some suggestions on helping my stress level.. and gave me a suggestion to try the melatonin.. and i guess its helping a bit, by helping me fall asleep initially but am still waking up multiple times..

Next step is putting me on a rx sleep aid and maybe an antidepressant.. just to help me get through all of my issues...

Janine Congrats on getting rebanded im so happy for you!!!

Janine,

I don't know how tall you are. I'm 5'2", so a shorty. But because I work out I'm muscular. It's weird, I'm in 14's most of the time but I weigh 181. Last time I was a 14 I was more like 140 pounds. So that 135 pound number is just that a number.

I like it though, because if I see it I won't think I'm underweight. But if I don't see it I'm not going panic either. I really want to be a size 6 or 8. So whatever it takes to be there I'll be happy.

My restriction is perfect. My will power not to eat bad foods is not so perfect. It really is like a diet from here on out. I can't eat early in the morning because I'm tight and I can't eat past 7pm or I get reflux in the night. Dry Protein is hard to get down and I PB if I eat too quickly or stuff that's doughy, or skins of fruits and veggies.

Also, my exercise for calorie burning has tapered off largely due to lack of time, but I do go and weight train a few times a week and I do cardio then. I just don't do 10+ hours of cardio a week like I used to. I think that contributes greatly to my not losing weight quickly.

Really, all in all, my biggest lesson was learning not to compare myself to other people in the process. Some folks are sanctamonious (no spell check, sorry) or do stuff that's really WRONG, so trying to be like them doesn't suit me. But it's hard to get into the spirit of sharing your process and listening to others' to gain insights but not build expectations. You know what I mean? I might be a little flakey, the cold medicine is kicking in.

Hope that's not too much.

I am 5 4 so not to far off. I felt quite amazing at 208 and could have been happy right there. I was fitting nicely in womens size 16. I know this was still far from ideal.

Julie, 14 is great, that is considered the national average women quoted by Dr. Oz.

Under 10 hours doing cardio is not to shabby, life is busy.

Glad you have a good sweet spot. I had it and lost it, but am positive I will again.

You think that you still lose about 1-2 lbs per week like told in the beginning?

Found out today from my new board that many dr.s are steering away from RNY because of the success rate.

Juli, you are so right. You can't compare yourself to others. I know that I have good restriction, but that doesn't take care of the head hunger. I still don't eat as much as I did. I really did think I would not feel hunger, but I do. I fight it everyday and it get so depressing some days.

My exercise is not what it should have been. Maybe I'm making excuses but my knees are really really bad. They don't want to do anything with them till I lose weight. I have been doing Water exercise and that does help,esp. with the pain, but its just not enough. I have increased my step count, but not nearly what it should be.

Weight is just a number, but there is so much put on it. The news, the shows, and the magazines everywhere you look it about the skinny.

Wish people would get off it and look at the person and not how the person looks.

Oh well thanks for letting me vent.