Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Teri - happy for you. I have had such good luck with my band that I've gotten complacent and put 10# back on. I'm going to try doing more cooking instead of grabbing the things that I know go down well and start coming back to the forum again. Keep up the good work. Simone - Sept. Samauri's 2008.

Hey Ladies- I could use a pep talk. I lost 45lbs, then I had my second child. I am still down 40lbs, but would like to lose 40-50 more. I don't get much support from the bariatric center here. They are all about gastric bypass. All support groups and everything are for bypass patients. I am thinking about another fill. I can probably eat 1-2 cups of food a time depending on what it is. I still have restriction. I still throw up if I eat the wrong thing. I have been lo-carbing, no sugar, white flour or potatoes for 2 weeks and have already plateaued. I feel like my metabolism is shot. If I am bad I don't lose if I am good I don't lose, so why be good. Any suggestions? If I get another fill, will I not be able to eat as much? Or have I stretched my pouch? Thanks for any help. -Tina

Well, after having my port replaced last year due to a leak in yhe port, I am down to 145 lbs. I feel better than ever and people that didn't know me when I was "fat" cannot believe it. They say I look tiny. Mt mind still messes with me. I catch myself looking at plus size clothes or ordering way too much food. But I love my band!

ttyson, what I'm saying to you is what I need to hear myself. My nutritionist said it's not about what you do any one day that counts it's about what you do for a period of time that makes the difference. Change something your doing, Add some consistant exercise for intance. It is hard but we can do it. I've been stuck at the same weight for a while. I've added exercise but not consistant enough to make a difference. So I'm going to try to be more regular with my workouts.

You have done so well. Considering your pregnancy you've really done great! You need to give yourself a pat on the back and determine to move forward. Be careful about your self talk. Be aware of the things your telling yourself. Make them positive things.

ttyson, what I'm saying to you is what I need to hear myself. My nutritionist said it's not about what you do any one day that counts it's about what you do for a period of time that makes the difference. Change something your doing, Add some consistant exercise for intance. It is hard but we can do it. I've been stuck at the same weight for a while. I've added exercise but not consistant enough to make a difference. So I'm going to try to be more regular with my workouts.

You have done so well. Considering your pregnancy you've really done great! You need to give yourself a pat on the back and determine to move forward. Be careful about your self talk. Be aware of the things your telling yourself. Make them positive things.

Thanks, you are right. I just really want to get back on track. Exercising is a challenge right now due to circumstances at home, but anything is possible if I want it enough. I want to have more energy. I want to keep up with kids and hubby. I want to be healthier. I want to be strong.

I have been kind of a hormonal mess since 2nd baby. Trying to get docs to agree:{}

What do you think about the fill? What quantity can you consume?

I know the lap-band is just a tool. I just wish it was a powertool!

Thanks for your input- Tina

I think if you can eat 1- 2 cups a fill is certainly in order. I'd take it slow though as small fills are sometimes all it takes to make a big change. If it's been a while since you had a fill just a small amount can give you a push without causing you any trouble. Much of what I've found ( what I struggle with) is the "head hunger", I want to eat more because I think I should not because I need to eat more. I bought some measuring bowls made for cooking that go up to one cup at Ross or Marshalls. It's very effective to use those when I eat. I have gotten away from using them but I have so get back to this. If I stick to the amount I determine ahead of time I am more likely to be sucessful at what I put into my mouth. (again a me pep talk):rolleyes:

Hi Lea, I am in the exact same boat you are I had my surgery 2 years ago as well on 9/10 one week before you did I have lost almost the exact same amount you have. I lost 40 pounds and I have not lost any weight in almost a year. I just gained 5 pounds from vacation and I my 9cc band is already at 8.7cc. Today is day one of my Master Cleanse Lemonade cleanse hoping I lose at least 10 pounds before I go under fluoroscopy. I have to tell you I was glad to hear that I am not alone and someone else is going through the same thing. Maybe together we can cheer each other along.

Tisha

I also have not been on for a while. I had my surgery 2 years ago on 9/18. I also am a slow loser, 41 lbs to date. This is much harder than I thought it would be, but what I lose stays off. I try to stay on the program but life gets in the way sometimes. I am trying to lose another 20 lbs this year. Slow and steady wins the race, right!

Stick with it Samurai's we can do this.

Hi everyone.....I think we r all in the same boat regardless of how much we lost.....2 plus yrs out is hard 2 stay on track nd focused!!! I'm so close 2 my goal weight but just haven't made it yet! I think a support system is so important....prob more so now than b4! Noone can understand what its like unless u r living it! :)

I am no longer banded. I lost my band on 1-11-11 but gained an RNY. I have already lost 25 pounds in two weeks. So I'm pleased. And I've already lost high blood pressure, and my diabetes. I have developed sleep apnea since getting my lapband. the thought is, within the next three months I'll be cured of my sleep apnea, which is mild, and not requiring a cpap or anything.

Teri

Teri, I am SO HAPPY for you. You have been through hell and finally you found your "sweet spot". I am just sorry that you had to go through so much. It should have been easier for you in the beginning. Everything that could go wrong did. It was just a bad thing.

This is a whole lot harder than I had expected. When I see the billboards for 1800getthin, I want to wipe the smile off the skinny girl's face. This is hard work. I am now a Vegan, and still I have problems. I do not eat a lot of things because they still trigger, Cereal is a big one. And to boot I have worse reflex than before. I just have to be careful, nothing and I mean nothing 2 hours before bed and no chocolate after 5. I drink a Vegan protien drink, chocolate, to make sure I get enough protien, but I don't mind. But on the good side, no problems with the band, only the Insurance Co, they still have not paid for the fill last year and I am getting bills (I have an HMO and got a referral)

Anyway, I am just so happy for you. This was right for you and it is working. Even your post is happy. Let me know how you are doing.

Take Care Debbie

Hey everybody - Haven't posted in a LONGGGGGGG time .

Here's the update on my journey. Have moved back to my home town to take care of the parents. Changed careers and had a huge pay cut. But I'm able to take care of the parents and see the rest of my family so I guess it will all work out. Have lost a total of 56 pounds in the 2 1/2 years. :rolleyes: Had hit a wall for a good while but am now losing again. So its all good. I have had a few issues with food getting stuck, vomitting, having heartburn and all. But I haven't regretted having the surgery one bit. Still haven't told my mother about the "band" and don't plan to. Makes things a little difficult when I have isues with things get stuck. She has finally realized that I don't eat as much I use to. She now let's me fix my own plate when I eat at her house. All of my clothes are big on me and I haven't taken the time to buy anything new. I am really enjoying not wearing things that are tight for once. Dont' plan to go shopping anytime soon since I plan to keep losing. Have gotten down to "onederland" and am loving it. Dont' ever plan to get above it again! :lol: So evreybody keep at it - we can reach our goal weight and maintain it I have reached one of my weight goals and are now looking to the next one ! Baby-Lyn

Teri' date=' I am SO HAPPY for you. You have been through hell and finally you found your "sweet spot". I am just sorry that you had to go through so much. It should have been easier for you in the beginning. Everything that could go wrong did. It was just a bad thing.

This is a whole lot harder than I had expected. When I see the billboards for 1800getthin, I want to wipe the smile off the skinny girl's face. This is hard work. I am now a Vegan, and still I have problems. I do not eat a lot of things because they still trigger, Cereal is a big one. And to boot I have worse reflex than before. I just have to be careful, nothing and I mean nothing 2 hours before bed and no chocolate after 5. I drink a Vegan protien drink, chocolate, to make sure I get enough protien, but I don't mind. But on the good side, no problems with the band, only the Insurance Co, they still have not paid for the fill last year and I am getting bills (I have an *** and got a referral)

Anyway, I am just so happy for you. This was right for you and it is working. Even your post is happy. Let me know how you are doing.

Take Care Debbie[/quote']

Anyone out there??? I gained and fell off the wagon. My drug of choice, Cereal. I was embarrassed to go back to my surgeon because the insurance fought for two years to pay for my last fill, after the approved it. My regular GP talked me into going back.

Well, things changed, they do fills in the office now and have a nutritionist. I talked to her forever. I walked in crying and depressed and left a new person. No judging. I just got a fill and have the restriction again. What a wonderful feeling.

I have lost almost 20 pounds -- again! I am taking it 10 pounds at a time.

So if anyone is out there, how are you doing?

Anyone out there??? I gained and fell off the wagon. My drug of choice' date=' CEREAL. I was embarrassed to go back to my surgeon because the insurance fought for two years to pay for my last fill, after the approved it. My regular GP talked me into going back.

Well, things changed, they do fills in the office now and have a nutritionist. I talked to her forever. I walked in crying and depressed and left a new person. No judging. I just got a fill and have the restriction again. What a wonderful feeling.

I have lost almost 20 pounds -- again! I am taking it 10 pounds at a time.

So if anyone is out there, how are you doing?[/quote']

Great! It's good to continue to follow up each year with your doc and even go to support group meetings. I have interstitial cystitis and was put on a strict diet. I had been at my goal weight but started losing more weight. I called the Dietician and together we came up with idead for nutritious foods that I can tolerate. Good luck to you!

Hey all!

Wow its been ages since i have been on hear, and this site has really changed!!

Debbie you did great going back to get a fill, beleive me i have lost track the amount

of times i have fallen off the wagon, but the most important thing is that we dont stay down

its dont matter how many times we fall. This is a journey and we all have different paths

to take to get to our final destination. Im so glad you were able to talk it through with the

nutritionist. Well done on losing 20lbs!! way to go hun! Thats a good idea to set mini goals,

i remeber when i fisrt started this journey i had 232 lbs to lose and it was so daunting thinking

i had all that to lose but i took it 1 stone at a time (14lbs) we weight in stones over her in da UK lol

it makes it so much easier, and more obatainable than thinking i has 100's to lose.

Im still battling on!!

xxxxxxx