Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Anyway, 2 more pounds to go. Wish me luck. Might take me another month, but I will get there!!!!! Debbie

Good luck! You will get there soon!:w00t:

You can and will do it Debbie.

Teri

I've been only updating my ticker at 5 lb intervals, but I was very excited about today's weight. I went ahead and made an update. I've reached the half way mark!

:confused:

Edited by kiz

I've been only updating my ticker at 5 lb intervals, but I was very excited about today's weight. I went ahead and made an update. I've reached the half way mark!

:sneaky:

Congradulations Kiz, Way to go! :confused:

Thank you so much, chacha and debbie. This time last year, I had given up hope of ever losing this weight. I can't believe how far I've come. I had vaguely heard of the gastric band, but had never really considered it until last May. Now, instead of me, it's the stack of clothes that are too big for me to wear that's getting larger.

Edited by kiz

Thank you so much, chacha and debbie. This time last year, I had given up hope of ever losing this weight. I can't believe how far I've come. I had vaguely heard of the gastric band, but had never really considered it until last May. Now, instead of me, it's the stack of clothes that are too big that's getting bigger.

Kiz, funny that you say that. I have always thought - WOW thats how I feel, or that person has the same problems I have. Even now, You all share the same problems, triumps, ups and downs that I experience. We are connected.

I started my journey in March. I remember watching that commercial on TV with the Lion and the Kitty. The woman talked about how the band "tamed" her hunger. You know, it was weird, it was the second time I saw the commercial but something that night stuck with me and I called my insurance to ask questions the next day. I never told anyone, kind of like sneak eating, I didn't want to be judged.

And then to find all of you and then the September Samuari's. I remember feeling dispare when I tried another site, and that one was Dr recommended and sponsored. But then I found this one using a Google Search - can you believe it?

Honestly, I don't think I could have done it without you, all of you.

Funny how people from all over the World could come together with one goal and help each other more that those closest to us.

What a journey we have been through. :(

You are doing so well. 49 pounds is nothing to sneeze at. I know it is disappointing to only lose 1.75 pounds, but just think how much you would have gained without the band. I think the sweet things are the devil.:scared2: I love them. I have been trying not to have them in the house. Instead, I have been hurting myself with cheddar jalepeno cheetos.:( In truth, I am not sure a fill will help with those things since they are so easy to get down. I know that we are all going to have times when the weight loss slows or stops. We have to learn patience (I know, easier said than done). We are in this for the long haul.

Thank you Slim! The long haul it is! I love those cheetos too! It helps to have others that understand! Dot

I am definitely with Deb... funny thing is I too saw that commercial in March and it clicked. I made my first phone calls to surgeon's offices in April. Got my paperwork turned in by May, and attended the seminar may 6,2008. I decided it was time for me. I had attended the seminars, and support groups (my group requires at minimum of 3 groups attendence- pre op), and in June my first visit. Here we are, months post op, and we're rocking this world.

It's weird... but I'm sure ya'll will understand. I'm throwing away so much food these days. Never before have I done that. It doesn't even bother me. Do you find you have more leftovers with meals? Sometimes I freeze them up to use for a lunch eventually. Other times, I just throw them out. A year ago, I was still gaining, in Jan/Feb. For my birthday (in 10 days), I was given a pair of jeans. They didn't fit. They were to small. They were a size 18/20. They're so big now, Michael will come up behind me and pull them right down. They have an elastic waist. I like that feeling. Weird thing is their next size down is like TIGHT. But they are "normal" sized not plus sized. Soon!

I didn't get my exercise in before the twins got up, so I'm hoping to get it when they nap this afternoon. It's gonna be so cold all day, I could use the warm up :(

I've called around. I found the YMCA to be the cheapest membership so far around here. There is a place called Healthlinks that I've called about ten times that is always no answer. Yet I know they're open at that hour. I like the idea of the Y or the other place with no phone answer, as they both have a pool. But before I dare go that route, I need to buy a new suit. My two piece, I wore while quite pregnant with the twins. So it's stretched out (a tankini), and the one piece was big last summer, and I'm not sure I dare wear that in public. It's all loose. So I'm gonna have to go suit shopping.

My bf is so proud of the changes I've made... he's going to be sending me and the boys to orlando florida. Part for disney, part for universal studios, and the other attractions. Just to get away. He's talking a week, and a flight for us all. I'm hoping he'll join us.

Teri

Congrats to all - even JUST 1.75 lbs is great! And look, why not a little of everything in moderation. Eat a big salad with lots of Protein for dinner so you're good and full. Then, if you want a few cheetos, or a little ice cream or something sweet, have it. I guarantee you won't even be able to eat half the amount you used to.

The whole point of this amazing tool is to be normal, and normal is grey area. Not bingeing but not starving. Not eating no sweets but not eating only sweets. This is what normal people who don't have food issues/addiction do habitually, but we bandsters can only do with the band in place.

I'm due for my period soon and even being slightly too full, finding myself ravenous. Well of course, in talking to my non-food addicted friends, I realized they are like that too. Only difference is I used to be like that 24/7, and now it's just at period time.

Wow. Normal. Crazy concept!

So follow the band rules and get nice and full. Give it some time and if you still have the sweet or salty craving, have a little. That's NORMAL :(!

I did something I've never done before. I had a craving for M&M's. I had a 1 pound bag. Not a good idea to have around. But I had 6 and put the bag in my kids hands and said RUN... No seriously I told him to put them where I can't see them anymore. He did. And my craving is OVER> course it would have helped if I had more than 1 piece of bread with some Peanut Butter (1 tbsp) on it for dinner. What I cooked just didn't taste good to me. I had one small taste.

teri

That's such a funny story about the M&M's, terilynn. I'm sure your kids thought it hilarious too. My kids STILL have their Christmas candy leftover, and I had to get it out of my sight. Thank goodness their lean and seem to take after my husband's family, but darn, I wish they'd eat that candy. lol

Debbie, I love how you were able to put so many of *my* feelings into words. I've gotten so much support from this site, even when I'm not part of the conversation. It's just so helpful to know that others are experiencing some of the same things. I'm also sure it's saved a few frantic phone calls to my doctor's office.

Thanks for the good wishes, slim-n-tn!

I'm due for my period soon and even being slightly too full, finding myself ravenous. Well of course, in talking to my non-food addicted friends, I realized they are like that too. Only difference is I used to be like that 24/7, and now it's just at period time.

How true that is, ohpuhleez. Prior to being overweight, I ate such tiny portions, and never thought about my next meal. After having children, some kind of vicious switch was turned on in my brain, and I too, was hungry virtually all of the time. It's amazing to have this tool that has brought me back to a normal cycle with food and hunger.

How true that is, ohpuhleez. Prior to being overweight, I ate such tiny portions, and never thought about my next meal. After having children, some kind of vicious switch was turned on in my brain, and I too, was hungry virtually all of the time. It's amazing to have this tool that has brought me back to a normal cycle with food and hunger.

It's funny that you mention that. I remember that I wouldn't eat. I would eat ice all day. That was my food. I remember in high school when half of a sandwhich was just too much food. I remember when my mom didn't have to cook because she knew I wasn't going to really eat anyway. I can actually pinpoint when that started to change. I was in college and was on the "food plan". All of the meals were buffet style. It was ok for me to eat it then because I was walking miles to and from my classes everyday. When I came home, I had the same cravings, but wasn't doing half of the walking and such that kept me from gaining. It just snowballed. Now I am back to eating like a normal person. I never thought I would get to the point where multiple giant portions would be too much food. I love my band. I am glad that I made this journey. I am doubly glad that you all were there too. It has helped in ways that I couldn't imagine. We have never met, but I can't imagine this journey without you.:)

Hi everyone,

I went to the doc afraid to get another fill but after we talked the nurse decided I could get a 0.2 fill. So far it's ok. Nothing has changed on what I can eat but I definitely notice I get full and it stays with me longer.

I have to say reading these posts, I am just now at 42 learning how "normal" people eat. I have always had a weight problem and everyone in my family was overweight. In high school I would lose weight and my diet consisted of starving until I came home after school and then eating 1 or 2 bowls of Captain crunch mixed with cool whip. Yep, I said it! Then a few hours later there was dinner and of course eat until your stuffed because every other fat person at the table was pigging out and there may be none left for you. Was that too harsh?? Back then dexatrim was the drug of choice to kill the hunger. Healthy, healthy. My downfall is ice cream. I know I have to really concentrate on the Proteins because they definitely keep me full and I lose the cravings.

Good luck to everyone, stay strong.

Niecey

Edited by Niecey