Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sept. Samurai Surgery Check-in

Ty for such an encouraging post OPL. Yes I'm a single mom. Neither of the fathers are involved, or even send child support. Neither of them have ever held their sons. Their loss.

The reason the doritos hit me so hard, was they sat there for HOURS uncomfortably. And my sister when I first broached the subject of wls told me that the band would set me up for failure. That wls was a waste of time and money, because if she failed, I most certainly would too. And I just keep hearing her "You will fail... you will fail"... to the jingle in the movie The Christmas Story where the boy wants the gun for christmas. And the teacher and everyone dance around the room singing, "You'll shoot your eye out, You'll shoot your eye out" then this giggling goes out... a wicked giggle. It's awful. The sad part of all this is she did fail. She had a bypass, lost so much she nearly died. And has since gained it all back. ALL and some. So yes she did fail. There are a couple reasons why I think she failed, but she failed. So because she did, I guess I'm expected to fail too.

Why do I think she failed? Number one, she didn't go to support groups. It was all me. Number 2, she thought she could just reloose any she gained. It's not that easy. Number 3, she eats all the wrong foods. She eats easy foods mostly. candy, ice cream. pastas. She no longer dumps. So what goes in, stays in most generally. If she gets to feeling bad, after eating, she will vomit. Number 4, she NEVER exercises. I think these things, don't know for sure, other than the what she eats, and no exercise. She's confessed that to my mom. She doesn't feel phsyically able to exercise. And it never makes a difference when she does exercise she says. I love my sister, but I really think that holidays are the best time to see her, as it's limited, and I'm busy. Fun for me, I get to do all the cooking, set up, and clean up, plus serving the others. So this will be difficult.

Well I must get ready for church. ttyl

teri

Teri,

It is hard when someone is telling you that you will fail. But I am a little stubborn. And I will think "I'll show them!"

Continue to go to the support group meetings and be around people that will build you up. We are human and will make mistakes. Just quickly get over it and get back on track. Since my surgery, my family (kids are over 16 years old) is eating better. They run to the store and actually start looking at labels! "Hey, I bought this, can you eat it?" I have a drawer in the fridge that has all of my foods in them (sugar free Jello and pudding, turkey, etc).

Being banded is not just a physical thing. It is very mental. You have to really prepare your self mentally for this. Show your sister that she is wrong and perhaps by example, you can help her also. When people say that the lapband surgery is the easy way out, they are wrong. It is work!

Now, put the Dorritos away and fill up with something healthy first! Or just lick the chip!

Hi everyone. I haven't checked in on here for a little while. It is good to see that every one is doing well.

Teri, I wouldn't worry about a few doritos. We have to remember that this is for life. You are going to eat something that is not healthy every once in a while.

I am waiting for my 2nd fill. It is this week. I am hoping that I will finally feel some restriction. I haven't lost a single pound since the week of my first fill. I am glad that I haven't gained though. I still love my band, but will be very glad when it helps with the hunger. I am hungry (true hunger, not head hunger) after about 2 hours. I don't drink with my food. I eat Protein first. It just doesn't seem to stay with me.

Anyway, thanks for letting me vent.

Hey everyone! I'm amazed at all of your weight loss. Congrats!!! My scale won't move, think it's broke. At least it's not going up, but hasn't gone down for quite a while. I should have taken measurements, cuz none of my clothes fit, but it would be nice to say I've lost more lbs. I had my 1st fill on 11/6, 3.5cc, and don't think I feel anything. I asked the office if I have to wait a month for my next one and they said I can have a fill anytime, so Monday hopefully I can change my appt sooner. I'm trying hard to exercise. I really struggle. I just don't want to. Idk if I'm afraid of success or what. It's like this huge mental block. I did hip hop abs yesterday and it kicked my butte! I"m sore all over which is good, but it kind of bothered my port site. Think I'll walk today. I ate a bunch of doritos the other day too. But hey, it's a new day.

Edited by ambraberger
messed up

I think my post op complications helped with my weight loss. I know it did mentally. I have been very careful with everything and have been following the rules to the T.

I actually won the food diary at my support group meeting. You could just by a notebook and do it. I just keep track of calories and Protein right now. I may keep track of carbs later (although I watch them now).

Some of the weight I lost preop. I had to gain a little weight to get approved (I gained 10 lbs). So since the day of surgery I have lost 39 lbs. But 49 if you include the preop diet. I wasn't really telling the difference until the past few days. I was one of those that could lose/gain 20-30 lbs and no one would be able to tell. I was always heavier than I looked.

By the way, I work 12 hour days too and it has been an adjustment when to eat.

WOW!!! your WL is awesome!!!! you should be proud!!! :rolleyes:

Hey everyone! I'm amazed at all of your weight loss. Congrats!!! My scale won't move, think it's broke. At least it's not going up, but hasn't gone down for quite a while. I should have taken measurements, cuz none of my clothes fit, but it would be nice to say I've lost more lbs. I had my 1st fill on 11/6, 3.5cc, and don't think I feel anything. I asked the office if I have to wait a month for my next one and they said I can have a fill anytime, so Monday hopefully I can change my appt sooner. I'm trying hard to exercise. I really struggle. I just don't want to. Idk if I'm afraid of success or what. It's like this huge mental block. I did hip hop abs yesterday and it kicked my butte! I"m sore all over which is good, but it kind of bothered my port site. Think I'll walk today. I ate a bunch of doritos the other day too. But hey, it's a new day.

I was wondering if I could get my next fill before I'm scheduled to on 12-1. I don't feel any restriction anymore. I am not doing good at all :thumbup:. I'm not doing my part at all. I'm so mad at myself! :mad: I'm feeling like I'm alone on some random diet failing again. :sad:

I don't know why I always reck it for myself. :rolleyes: I know I can do this! I've been feeling really depressed lately. I need a pep talk HELP!!! :wink2:

Doritos are not bad, I ate a chocolate snack cake yesterday. It was a fit of weakness, and I felt so guilty afterwards. Chocolate is evil.:rolleyes:

don't feel bad ladies I've been on a binge because i know i gotta get my ass back in gear. I just had a pepperoni pixxa pocket :thumbup: It wasn't even good. :wink2:

I don't know what to do. I'm so affraid

don't feel bad ladies I've been on a binge because i know i gotta get my ass back in gear. I just had a pepperoni pixxa pocket :thumbup: It wasn't even good. :wink2:

I don't know what to do. I'm so affraid

I think we are all testing ourselves. We are just going to have to pick ourselves up by the bootstraps and get butts in gear. We came in with such enthusiasm. We just have to remember why we did this. I go for my next fill on Tuesday. I am hoping that I can feel some difference.

We can do this. We were strong enough to make it through the post op diet. We can make it though this too!!!:rolleyes:

I had a wonderful sit down with a long time banded friend. She is also a psychiatrist. Anyway, she had some great suggestions that relate to the why I had the doritos. She had tons of encouragement. I am going to do better. She asked did I do better when I wrote down EVERYTHING I ate. I did. So I'm starting that this week again. I bought a notebook so I could journal it. She also suggested writing how long I feel satisfied after ameal. Starting that this week also.

Another thing is she said the guilt from eating something we shouldn't will mess us up for a long time. So we have to let it go, not give it the power to make us feel guilty. I'm struggling with that idea.

I have to run.... be back later, with some other news.

teri

Sorry had to send my son on the bus, which requires a quick walk. I'm back now.

The problem for me has been my sister telling me I'd be afailure. The truth is, it's haunting me. But I am taking back the power of what she said to me. She is WRONG. I'm already a success. I'm off my sugar meds. I've lost 45 pounds (yes i lost a pound). I feel better than I have in years! So I am already a success.

That said, I'm also calling my surgeon's office. She thinks I am in dire need of a fill. So I'll do that today. While we talked I told her the problems I'm still having taking my antidepressant. It's a capsule, and they just seem to get stuck. I've opened them, but end up nauseated for the next 24 hours. So that doesn't help. She suggested talking to my primary care dr, but he doesn't want to change things, as we're new to each other. So I'm kindda stuck there. She suggested talking to dr Bob about it. So I may just do that. I think the biggest thing that has helped. She suggested keeping pudding (sugar free of course), and jellos on hand and when I feel the need to snack, to get one of those. They're like 70 calories each packet. So I got both. I also got the ice pops, but my tooth hurts from cold stuff. So that's not working well.

So I'm calling my surgeon's office, and journalling. I'm working on my emotional well being.

Teri

I just got word from my surgeon's office. I'm to be there tomorrow at 10:30am. Apparently they read my post on the group (local) I belong to. They wanna chat, and do my fill a few days early. So I'm getting my second fill tomorrow at 10:30 am (eastern). Then we'll have the rest of the day crazy, as that's my youngest son's normal therapy time. So it's been bumped until 3:30 pm. So I'll go from one end of my county, to home, to the other end. Yippee! And on all liquids.

I've been doing so much work today, trying to keep my mind busy, and getting ready for the holidays coming up. I've actually sent my sugar bottoming out twice today. Once I had some Apple juice. The second time it was so low, my older son handed me a 3 musketters bar (the bite size= 23 calories). I had two. I'm ok now, but I'm also sitting down, not daring to do much. My stomach is off some, haven't eaten much, due to the stress. So I think that's coming into the factor.

I started taking a new Vitamin (new to me anyway). It's Walmart brand weight conscious. It's comparable to the one a day weight smart vitamin. Gotta say I love it. It's got EGCG in it. And truthfully it's got me all wired, like I have tons more energy. Not sure how it'll last, but I hope some of this goes away so I can sleep tonight. The EGCG is supposed to be a sort of a fat burner type something. I googled it, and sounds promising, but we'll see. I know it's got me HYPER!

Just wanted to update all. OH and they are changing my antidepressant. It's a capsule, and I'm finding capsules don't like my band. I get tummy sick if I have to take it with applesauce-outside the capsule.

Well I gotta get moving. Just testing the internet connection here, since I moved the pc.

Teri

Teri,

I am so sorry you are having such a difficult time. Juggling so many things plus this may seem insurmountable but I have faith you will succeed.

Trust me that this is difficult without children and a job! You are amazing!

I am also glad you have had some good advice. I begin seeing a psychologist in Jan. I have never related to my body and hope to be able to relate to the one I hope to have.

I keep track of my intake on sparkspeople.com. I calculates your Protein and carbs as well as calories. There is also a place to journal. It is worth taking a look.

Years ago I did a liquid diet and the long term successful people wrote EVERYTHING down.

Keep it up - sometimes an hour at a time.

Cyn

Teri-LOL I gotta laugh because you seem wired w/ al your posting lol! You did have a lot to share. I take an antidepressant (zoloft). I was taking 2 pils but cut down to 1 because it was such a pain to crush them up & drink them. I couldn't do them at the same time either because the taste was so gross. I have been on them for a long time now but don't feel they're doing me very good. I need to talk to my PC about trying something different. Why take meds if your still depressed? We've up the dose & I just don't feel they're good for me.

Anyway, I'm glad your getting your fill early.

I got my fill bumped up closer by a week too! YAY!

Today I got back on track & I'm writing food down too! Hang in everyone!

HI terri, I just wanted to say thank you for sharing and you are so brave. You are facing your struggle, fears, and anxieties. I believe that is the first step to success. Way to go girl!