Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

Are We Ready For A Woman VP?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. Are We Ready For A Woman VP?

• Yes!
    • No!
    • I don't care.

It is that one I'm not a computer geek, married to one so sorry if you couldn't open it. I find the unicorn to be the best part and so did my daughters. We're a mixed family when it comes to politics so it's nice to lighten it up once in a while.

new bumper sticker i saw today in Fort Worth, TX:

Vote "Mama" (w/palins pic)

No "Bama" (w/obamas pic)

had to chuckle - don't agree on the politics however.

brandy - that was hillarious

Did you ever hear the joke about Chelsea Clinton interviewing the troops? Chelsea asks, "What are three things you're afraid of?" The soldier replies, "Osama, Obama, and your mama."

It is that one I'm not a computer geek, married to one so sorry if you couldn't open it. I find the unicorn to be the best part and so did my daughters. We're a mixed family when it comes to politics so it's nice to lighten it up once in a while.

Thanks. I finally got it open. It wouldn't open in FireFox but it opened in IE -- and it was the same as the jibjab one. Thanks for posting it -- it was fun to watch it again. My kids love it, too. :thumbdown:

Did you ever hear the joke about Chelsea Clinton interviewing the troops? Chelsea asks, "What are three things you're afraid of?" The soldier replies, "Osama, Obama, and your mama."

LOL :thumbdown:

Not heard that - cute!!

Agreed...go down your youtube search 6 or 7 posts and you get a whole other spin.

I'm actually a Bill Maher fan (I know your're shocked :biggrin:) and I watch his HBO show (2 shows so far this season) I don't recall him saying anything to that extent unless it was total sarcastic humor. I enjoy watching him b/c I share his political views but also he is actually well informed, isn't afraid to call BS on his own party, and he's funny. Granted I realize watching his show would be about as painful for someone on the right as watching Rush would be for me but I think he is a hoot.

......okay bring on the Maher smear:laugh:

From the little I have seen of Bill Maher on television, I think he is hilarious and very witty. I think he is great and an amusing antidote to all the right-wing pundits. He has a pretty interesting web site.

Glad you all liked that joke -- and that you'd never heard it before. That's funny to me, because I've heard it from several different people. Maybe I should tell conservative jokes on here more often . . .:biggrin:

Glad you all liked that joke -- and that you'd never heard it before. That's funny to me, because I've heard it from several different people. Maybe I should tell conservative jokes on here more often . . .:biggrin:

Now gadgetlady...let's not go overboard...lol!

I honestly have to give my two cents. Palin is an excellent choice for McCain because now he has all the Republicans on his side. As much as I like her, I don't agree with her policies, and can't vote for her or McCain. But that being said, I can't vote for Obama either, because he said, while he was an Illinois senator (I live in IL) that he would not campaign for president until he was finished with his term. Sure. After a few months, what was he doing? Saying he was running for president. I can't vote for someone who promises that he won't campaign,then turns around and says then says "Who'd like to see me in the White House?":thumbdown:

I'm honestly thinking this might be Ralph Nader's year!:)

I think it's ridiculous that McCain is asking Obama to apologize for saying...a pig with lipstick on is still a pig. He must not understand lol

Yeah I agree. "A pig with lipstick on is still a pig". For me, it just didn't make sense. I know what he was trying to say, yet why use that analogy? If anything, his speech writers should apologize to him for writing that piece of turd.

I think when you pair the expression with the analogy that followed, that you can wrap an old fish in new newspaper and it will still stink (considering Palin's nickname is "Barracuda") -- add to that the fact that the audience began chanting after that statement, "No more pit bull!" over and over, and finally throw in a dose of the fact that it's very unlikely that Obama, with his cultural background (forgive me, but that's more of a white/farmer expression), grew up with that expression being said around his household, to me it all adds up to a deliberate attack. Certainly, his audience picked up on it ("No more pit bull!") and, even if the expression was innocently said by him, at the point when the audience started chanting what they did, he should have said he wasn't referring to her when he said it.

Remember, this is a man who called a female reporter "Sweetie" during the campaign trail, and suggested that Hillary was meaner when she had PMS.

I think what Obama said was calculated. If you look at the entire clip, he starts off with the phrase he took from that Washington Post cartoonist -- almost WORD FOR WORD (with no credit given the cartoonist) -- and he stumbled a little over it like he was trying to pull it from his memory. Then he went into the lipstick comment, and again he looked like he was trying to pull it up from his memory, word for word. I think he said what he meant and he meant what he said.

You know, there's one other thing. I was watching a news show on either Monday or Tuesday (BEFORE Obama said this) and the panel was 2 men and 2 women. One of the women was a Democrat and the other a Republican, and I think the same was the case with the men. One of the men used that EXACT expression (lipstick on a pig) and you could visibly see the women's backs stiffen (both Dem and Rep). They IMMEDIATELY jumped down his throat (as did the other man AND the host of the show) about the remark, CLEARLY believing it was in reference to Palin. When I heard Obama said it, I truly believed he or someone on his staff had also watched the show I watched (I still do believe it).

I don't think, in light of Palin's MUCH repeated joke from the convention, that anyone can realistically use a joke about lipstick and pigs and not expect people to link it to her.