Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Addicted to op shopping now and you?

I have gone from size 20 -22 down to 8-10 and never ever ever going to put n weight but have noticed i am shopping till i drop, i cant afford to shop but have been going op shopping things from $1 to $20 the most expensive, love it, but gosh i buy like 20 things at a time spend between 20 to 100 dollars per week, i know got to be more selective now but most bits are $1. anyone else got this problem. i dont try on because now i know they will fit yahooooo.:cursing:

I haven't had a shopping addiction but i do have a little sister who is about the same size now. Like 15 more pounds and i'll fit into her pants :] I raid her closet on the daily and she just got a bunch of school clothes. HAHAHA! yea I love it!

I started out like this but have gotten over it. I just allow myself no more than one outfit a week, but then I am really selective over what I choose and it is more fun that way. I also know that in practice, I only wear a mix and match of 6-10 outfits. My favorite things are definitely worn weekly, so I don't want to buy anything that may not make it up to par as one of my favorite things.

It is hard not to go a little overboard when you can all too clearly remember the days where all clothes that fit were for women in their twilight years or just not flattering at all. Now I am wearing medium tops and size 10 pants . . . and that means that I can now wear anything . . . nothing is off limits. Shopping itself has become a joy instead of a tearful experience in the dressing room when nothing at all looks good.

Guest Leslie2Lose

I too have gotten the bug. I have to stay out of Kohls - that store is going to be my downfall. I'm in a 14/16 and I don't even want to know what I'll be like when I'm a 10/12 - GOAL!!! I'll need a second job. Either that or DH will have to put a second mortgage on the house. It used to be bags/purses/pocket books - now it is that plus shoes (my first addiction) and now dresses. Of course I have to find the right accessories...it just goes on and on.

Oh all you girls are so cute! How do you think I feel, I'm from San Diego, the home of the pretty peolpe! Skinny girls at the beach all day long with their baby gap clothes. haha now i am one of them :]

Congrats to you 3 for working your butt's off; Literally

Don't give yourself another problem by getting yourself in debt. Thats worse.

I think this must be normal....lol

I have only gone down a couple of sizes in clothes....i'm only a few months into my journey, so i'm still not wanting to buy clothes, but i have a purse and shoe problem.. I keep buying purses and shoes like there is no tomorrow. I guess this is addiction transferrence...

Just know that you are not alone... :cursing:

And i'm sure that when i get down to a good size and like what my body looks like, i will go crazy buying clothes :huh2:

Guest Leslie2Lose

Thank goodness I don't have any credit cards! LOL

Hollie - congratulations on your 92 pounds. That's awesome! I know exactly how you feel about the "pretty people". I used to live in Panama City Florida (The Redneck Riviera) - half naked women walking around...made a person uncomfortable. Baby Gap! ROFL

I too have gotten the bug. I have to stay out of Kohls - that store is going to be my downfall. I'm in a 14/16 and I don't even want to know what I'll be like when I'm a 10/12 - GOAL!!! I'll need a second job. Either that or DH will have to put a second mortgage on the house. It used to be bags/purses/pocket books - now it is that plus shoes (my first addiction) and now dresses. Of course I have to find the right accessories...it just goes on and on.

MMMMMM . . . . Kohl'sss. I love Kohl's. :cursing:

They have gotten almost all of my post banding business, lol.

Yeah that one outfit a week is a good idea or maybe lingere, i am aiming on giving up smoking, so that money can be spent on clotes, and boots- yep now boots do up they never would befor, glad to know i am not the only one, love to hear the stories you guys have to share. heres to great shoppin ----- oh and i picked up the cutest little bag looks like a cow (black and white pattern) dont know where i can where it -- but could use it in my handbag as a makeup purse, need to buy makeup to look glam now too.

LOL I was checking out the new clothes at Kohl's and they have Vera Wang stuff that is very very nice. I just got banded so I won't shop for any clothing till I have too. I have my "skinny" clothes that I had two years ago when I lost 50 lbs. So those are fitting me now. I ended up buying some baby jammies for my granddaughter.

I also love Coldwater Creek stuff, I am saving $20 a week into a little slush fund in my dresser drawer and when I get to goal weight, I will hit all the cool outlets in Kittery Maine for new stuff.

I love to shop too. Hubby says "you are dangerous" LOLLOLLOL Guess so.

hello everyone can,t wait to be where you are,not banded yet, hopefully in sept, when i go shopping with my daughter my god, they have the most beautiful selection, if only i could fit them.you just wait i,m gonna be a shopperholic.their is so much to choose from.i,m gonna raid every store i could fine.can,t wait to say charge it. (just kidding.)

This post made me laugh because I am still pre-op but I am PLANNING for the day I will probably be an avid clothes shopper! I created an ING savings account that takes money from me weekly so that when I am at goal I have some play money saved up for clothes - I can only imagine what it will be like to be able to buy whatever I want after a lifetime of being obese. I have a HUGE wardrobe now (collected over the years) and I plan on thoroughly enjoying rebuilding it in a much smaller size.

Guest Leslie2Lose

Ya'll I honestly think the reason I have a problem lately is the whole MISSES section. I can fit into misses...I'm so happy I could pee my pants. Okay, maybe that was too much information (tootin' my own horn).

I am enjoying all the nice unusual cut clothes and funky jeans,who needs trackpants- oh except for sporting.May even get my nails done in a nice deep colour, going to start loking and feeling like the lady that was hidden deep inside me before.

Leslie, you should toot your own horn girl, you look great!!! And Hollie, way to go girl!! And Heather!!!! (love the chair.) And All of ya'll, ...wow!! I can't wait until i get there. I can't wait until i can wear misses again :cursing:

Until then, it's purses, shoes and make up for me...lol

Oh, and yep, Kohl's is awesome!!!

Keep up the good work everybody !!

Edited by Juliana