Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

GREAT!!! I am 10 weeks post op and feel great. I have lost a total of 25 lbs since being banded, I have not had a fill yet as I am not hungry and I still only eat a little. I exercise daily and weight train as I do not want flabby underarms. I am so very happy with my decision to get the lapband.

I know to some my weight loss may not be that much but remember that I did not gain the weight in a month and I will not loose it in a month. As long as the pounds keep coming off I am happy.

I have plateau several times and I am ok with that as well. I go on a cruise at the end of Sept and I am hoping to loose another 6 to 8 pounds by then but I hope that you don't mind, I just wanted to share my story.

To all that have the horriffic gas pains, port problems, etc. It does get much better. The beginning is much harder than they Dr's tell you. Once you get about 6 to 8 weeks out, it gets very good and you just feel like you again, only smaller. :(

I wish everyone success!! Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful Sunday.

Congratulations! I am almost 6 weeks post op and I feel good also. I have lost weight and have gone down two sizes in my jeans! :( This is probably the best thing I have ever done for myself. I finally realized that I AM WORTH IT!!!!:biggrin2:

Where were you banded and who did your surgery? Sounds like you had a great successful surgery and surgeon. Congrats!!!

GREAT!!! I am 10 weeks post op and feel great. I have lost a total of 25 lbs since being banded, I have not had a fill yet as I am not hungry and I still only eat a little. I exercise daily and weight train as I do not want flabby underarms. I am so very happy with my decision to get the lapband.

I know to some my weight loss may not be that much but remember that I did not gain the weight in a month and I will not loose it in a month. As long as the pounds keep coming off I am happy.

I have plateau several times and I am ok with that as well. I go on a cruise at the end of Sept and I am hoping to loose another 6 to 8 pounds by then but I hope that you don't mind, I just wanted to share my story.

To all that have the horriffic gas pains, port problems, etc. It does get much better. The beginning is much harder than they Dr's tell you. Once you get about 6 to 8 weeks out, it gets very good and you just feel like you again, only smaller. :(

I wish everyone success!! Thanks for reading. Have a wonderful Sunday.

From someone who doesn't have the band yet, it's nice to hear reports back that are positive instead of horrible! :(

And I was told to expect 1-2 pounds a week weight loss, so if I can get 2.5 pounds a week like the OP I'll be really happy!

Thanks for sharing your positive happy experiences!

Congratulations on your success.....

I get banded on Tuesday (8-26-08) and I'm so excited to be on this journey to a healthier and happier me.

Thanks for your post - it's great to hear about the "Winners" in this battle.

omg i agree its great to hear the good one's and iam still in my 90 day diet have till oct 3 to finish it and hope and pray aetna says yes..have a great vac there and keep up the great work out.

I'm 6 1/2 weeks out and I feel GREAT too! This band is my BEST friend!

I wont lie though...the first week post-op, I thought life was going to end before I felt better.

After that first week, every day got better and better and now I feel 200 times better then pre-band!

Ali what was bad about your first week, if you don't mind me asking?

Good question. I'd be curious to know the same thing.

Ali what was bad about your first week, if you don't mind me asking?

I felt like I had been run over multiple times by a semi truck. Everything seemed to hurt & nowhere I would sit or lay down was comfortable (bed, couch's, chairs).

I had a routine where I would take my pain meds, go outside and walk laps around the house for 10-15 minutes and by the time I came back in the pain meds would take effect and I could sleep for an hour or so. Then I would wake due to pain/discomfort and have to get up & walk laps inside the house then try to sit or lay again and repeat until it was time to take my pain meds again.

I spent a lot of that first week walking laps inside and outside my house.

The walking & the liquid vicodin seemed to be my only saving grace!

I did have some gas/shoulder pains, but those were not my major complaint. I have allergies and was off my allegraD post surgery. I coughed and sneezed a few times and thought my port incision was literally ripping open. I fell to the ground in pain on those occasions.

During week 2 post-op I was FINALLY able to sleep more then 1-2 hours at a time. I was in absolute HEAVEN to sleep in my bed again.

From then on, things have done nothing but improve! I feel EXCELLENT now.

Ok thanks for your honesty! I had the surgery but no band (liver fatty) and the doc told me that how I fared then would be how I fared with the band, except more soreness around the port location. So I'm good to go! Thanks!

I felt like I had been run over multiple times by a semi truck. Everything seemed to hurt & nowhere I would sit or lay down was comfortable (bed, couch's, chairs).

I had a routine where I would take my pain meds, go outside and walk laps around the house for 10-15 minutes and by the time I came back in the pain meds would take effect and I could sleep for an hour or so. Then I would wake due to pain/discomfort and have to get up & walk laps inside the house then try to sit or lay again and repeat until it was time to take my pain meds again.

I spent a lot of that first week walking laps inside and outside my house.

The walking & the liquid vicodin seemed to be my only saving grace!

I did have some gas/shoulder pains, but those were not my major complaint. I have allergies and was off my allegraD post surgery. I coughed and sneezed a few times and thought my port incision was literally ripping open. I fell to the ground in pain on those occasions.

During week 2 post-op I was FINALLY able to sleep more then 1-2 hours at a time. I was in absolute HEAVEN to sleep in my bed again.

From then on, things have done nothing but improve! I feel EXCELLENT now.

Girl, except for the allergy part, I hear ya! I'm not really in any pain except for the occasional shoulder and incision pain and lump at the incision, but I just feel out of it. I keep forgetting I had major surgery and then I'll go all out one day, and the next day I will pay for it. I know how you feel about the run over my a truck thing. Just all over. I was at Michael's tonight after spending the whole weekend at home, and I felt like I was 80! Walking, talking, and bending like I was already on the downhill of life. It's so discouraging. So I'm glad I found this post. It gives me hope that you guys have felt so much better after some time. The next time I see my surgeon it will be 10-1, so maybe by then I'll be feeling better and ready for a fill.

Thanks for chiming in. So many times people hear the bad and sometimes in the beginning it is a little difficult but it does get so much better and it is totally worth it. Ijust wanted people to know that it really is not all bad. Congrats to all!!! Lets keep up the good work.

I was banded on August 14, too... But I have had no trouble and feel great! I am having trouble getting in my Protein and enough Water right now... But I am on soft foods and feel as if once I get to the time when I can distinguish a meal from the liquids that I will be okay. I just want to turn a bottle of Water up and drink! Not sip...

All in all I feel that this band will be great and I am so blessed to have been able to get it, have my insurance, and start on a healthier life.

Shelia

Ali thanks for your post! I am now just 2 weeks post op and some days I feel great and others I am like Vegas, I feel like I am 80!! lol! I have lost 9 pounds since surgery and a total of 21 since starting the preop diet.

All in all I would do it again in a heart beat. The discomfort is worth it if I am a healthier person in the end and live not only longer but a better life.

Now I really only have a little pain around my port area and I swear that it sticks out even though husband says it doesn't. Oh and sex can be a little bit uncomfortable, it kind of feels like the port is going to pop out...tmi I know but its weird.

Rcoleband, thanks for starting this thread, its great to hear success stories!! Keep up the good work.