Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

:thumbup:Hi mistydaz

i am going to surgeon and nutritionist as well thursday.......yes i too am finally feeling a bit more normal. Have you BEEN on an all liquid diet.... i have not.......after a day or two i was allowed to go to mushy foods baby food or applesauce consistency.....it seems like most people are on LIQUID diets.........good luck tomorrow Linro:thumbup:

ps does anyone know any good sites for recipes in mushy and as well soft food stages. thanks Good luck today :thumbup:e1 who is having surgery!!!!!!!!

Are you familiar with the recipe forum/threads on here? I haven't gotten to that phase yet but have heard there are some good recipes on LBT.

hi all,does anyone know how much a fill is?i have bcbs michigan was wondering what they will cost when i go?

hello nazzy, i have bcbs of New Jersey and my dr. said the fills will be around the same amount as a co-payment. and that's with or without it so you'll be able to afford them. not sure if that helps

Good to know. We have BCBS New Jersey also. I was concerned about the cost of fills.

I had my surgery at 8:30 AM yesterday. I am at home now. It is about 2pm. The surgery was so much easier than I imagined. The mind can play tricks on you if you let it. I can have Protein Shakes, scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. I just have to make sure I get 60 grams of Protein a day and 64 oz of Water (can be flavored water, Decaf tea, crystal lite). I go tomorrow or Friday to get my staples removed. I have a little discomfort around the staples. One is near my bra line. I have not had any gas pain. I slept most of the day yesterday so was not tired enough to sleep well last night but I was not feeling badly. I am not going to weight today because I had soOOOO much Fluid from the IV that I know would make me heavier than I actually am.

Good luck to all of you who are worrying. I was there 2 days ago. But the worry was wasted.

Good to know. We have BCBS New Jersey also. I was concerned about the cost of fills.

I had my surgery at 8:30 AM yesterday. I am at home now. It is about 2pm. The surgery was so much easier than I imagined. The mind can play tricks on you if you let it. I can have Protein Shakes, scrambled eggs and cottage cheese. I just have to make sure I get 60 grams of Protein a day and 64 oz of Water (can be flavored water, Decaf tea, crystal lite). I go tomorrow or Friday to get my staples removed. I have a little discomfort around the staples. One is near my bra line. I have not had any gas pain. I slept most of the day yesterday so was not tired enough to sleep well last night but I was not feeling badly. I am not going to weight today because I had soOOOO much Fluid from the IV that I know would make me heavier than I actually am.

Good luck to all of you who are worrying. I was there 2 days ago. But the worry was wasted.

please check with your Dr. though , because i'm not sure if that's just Dr.rehnke's cost or how much it is through insurance. congrads nrpnrp you're on your way and from what they tell me the hard part is over

my dr says no mushies for 2 weeks.no eggs right after getting lap band,mine says 3 weeks eggs exc..think cottage chz was like 3/4 weeks i know not the first 2 weeks,just pudding sf Jello, exc first 2 weeks,

New update! Welcome everyone!

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz; atomanne

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952; greg72

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy; VEEJEE07; Monkeyband

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl; dcorna

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal; karook54

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny; sveltelady; swpaintdiva

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw; lorilei; purplesloane; BootyBee; Little Bit; imamld3; morph521

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri; Oregonirish55

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel; tas; likebefore; ~Jenni~

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413

October 28-Michele777

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup; chrisfer1; wvgal33; gracie78; Tamisha

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird;

October 31-watermum

I had my preop appt with my surgeon today--yay!

Big day tomorrow for: SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey; Scooby; jendenni; Scorpyian1; luv2bslim; lori ann; tracie30

Best wishes to you all and prayers lifted up!

~~anne

Edited by annecolorgreen

Good luck to everyone up for surgery tomorrow. My thoughts will be with you.

I have my 1 wk check-up tomorrow. I will finally be allowed more than broth, sf Jello & sf popsicles. I'm actually looking forward to oatmeal and yogurt!

I'm also looking forward to stepping on their scale. I've decided to use theirs to track my weight since it, the surgeon's and my Wii show such different weights.

I bought some store-brand lower sugar instant oatmeal. I also bought some pre-made Kozy Shack Ready Grains, but probably won't again unless I find it on sale!

I thought about getting the regular oats, but my microwave is my best friend.

HELP!!! i was speaking to a friend who is also having her surgery tomorrow and she said that we were not supposed to be having any Protein until our 1 week follow up with the doctor. I read and re-read my pre-op handouts and it just says that I have to be drinking Clear Liquids all day. I had a Protein Drink (1/3 of it) that was clear. Is that not okay?????

My pre-op surgery instructions were clear liquids the day before surgery. That would be apple juice, sugar free popsicles, S.F Jello and any non acidic liquid that you can read a newpaper through. I was on a liquid diet for weeks before surgery with the Protein Shake. The clear liquid day before surgery is different though with no protein shake. After surgery you should be on a clear liquid diet for 1 week. I was told by the dietician that I was allowed to have the protein shake in my diet at 3 days out from surgery. At 8-15 days I get to be on a soft diet of creamy Soups, Sugar Free puddings, S.F. fudgesickles, S.F.creamsickles,

Had my week after surgery check up with my primary care doc today. His scale said I lost again! :D He hadn't seen me in a month and I had lost 25 pounds since then. He was beaming ear to ear about it. He checked my 5 incissions and no infection. He was really happy to hear that I haven't had to take diabetes medication since surgery because all I have had to eat is sugar free clear liquids and Protein Shakes. I told him about the pain under my lower left rib cage that doesn't seem to be gas. It prevents me from breathing. He said of coarse you will have pain after a surgery like this and he prescribed me more pain killers.

I am finding that each program may have some differences in the pre-op and post-op diet. To me the best thing is to follow what your own doctor gives you. He knows you and your situation best. Yes, my doctor said it is ok for me to have Protein Shakes now(surgery was 10/14 this is 10/16) but if your doctor says clear liquids that's what you should do. I did have the Protein Shake yesterday and feel fine but don't do it if your doctor says not to. :D

Hi everyone! I only have 5 more days left (Oct. 21st) and I'm getting nervous. Today, I have all of my pre-op tests. Then, it's just sit tight and hope for the best. So far, I've lost 14 lbs on my pre-op diet which is good I know. I should be thrilled at the 14lbs. I guess I'm just thinking "Why didn't I do the liquid thing before I got so big?" It's crazy because I know that when you stop eating liquids, it comes back. I'm amazed that I'm still beating myself up over this. Sign.

On a positive note, my almost 4 year old son is asking everyday "mommy, do you have the rubber band yet?" :D I told him that I was having a ballon like rubber band put on my tummy so that I would feel better and get smaller so that I could run really fast. He wants to be ready to put on his "boosters" so that he can out run me. HA!

Best wishes to those pre and post op this month! Keep up the good fight!!!!!