Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

Hi All:

I went to Wal-Mart today...4 days post op...and it was a little depressing. I think I am in a little depressed in general and that is why my mom called and asked for me to get out with her.

Anyway, seeing all of the foods knowing I could only have broth or thinned/strained cream Soup was hard.

Getting my 6 year old his popcorn chicken without popping one in my mouth was hard..lol

I never realized until I was on the pre-op diet how much I would just put things in my mouth because of habit or because they were just there.

Once I really watched myself is when I lost my 15 lbs before surgery.

It isn't like my stomach is hungry either--it is my mind/brain seeing all of the commercials for pizza..$5.00 footlongs etc.

Never thought I would go through a "mourning for food" or chewing.

Don't want to be a "Debbie Downer"..just needed to get it off my chest and where better to do it than here.

Renita

Renita-

I think it's good for those of us pre-bandeds to know what we might be coming up against in our very near future. I've been having jaw problems for the last 2-3 weeks so maybe my not chewing future will help heal my damn jaw! Stay strong and know you're in good company!

Oh my goodness! My surgery date has been moved up from December 15th to October 20th.

I'm relieved (since that will cut off my last meal eating) and scared, too.

I'm a fairly low bmi (36)...I'm 4 foot 10 inches and have always always struggled with my weight. Tried it all, from a program at Cedars Sinai where I successfully lost 50 pounds by eating Liquid Protein only for six months...to phen phen, etc.

I'm so hopeful that this will be a long term tool for me that will help me. So many questions! Hoping that I will do the surgery out patient, since I'm a self pay and its $150 more to stay over.

Best to all!

Renita,

I am not surprised by the feeling. We are giving up a way of life. I believe it is normal to feel as you do. My doc's documentation said it is not unusual to go through some depression post-op. It is not a downer, we know it is not all going to be great. LapBand is just a tool and it takes time to learn how to handle new tools. We are here to support you and all of us in getting through these things. Tomorrow or the next day you will be sharing joys with us!

Hi!

Welcome to all the new folks who are stopping by! I have a funny story (well, to me it is!). We have a 100+ lb yellow lab puppy who got in my bedroom today and got into my Unjury sample packets and decided he liked the strawberry Sorbet flavor--I ended up with a PINK puppy! He even had pink drool hanging out his mouth! :crying: Good thing he liked it as I thought it was pretty nasty (the smell anyway!).

I think I've updated with all new upcoming surgeries and those who have already been banded that were not included. Please let me know if I've missed anyone:

October 1- shanna234; salome000; wvprisonrn; 9pdmnm5; linro123; Meschultz; Elfaba thegood; LINRO123

October 2-Vidahlia; NEWLIFE4BEV; mrsrdh; mamac; kdraves; emialiabri; markfarnsworth; Bratty_Nicole; Carriejess; Terry in KY

October 3-Miss Undastood; SaraJaneQ; LoneStarLoser; Cyndi2464; purplerose; brandie; garysmithey; Ara; Mistydaz

October 4-

October 6-Odawa; DeeH; sim78; bandedCG; sweetgothic; daydreamer1; artistapril; roxann; MississippiGirl; trinaj; JerryBlade; SeaSide

October 7-nighttart6; melboyd; EllindaGreek; NFaith; PandorasMom; Betelnut; mimilou; mark2842; lula23; harleyc; odawa ; short n' sassy; longhorn girl; cellis82; grannytwinkie; Sooner; Bama2; NFaith

October 8-austex; LoveIslovely; karebare714; birchmoon; tiaj; lisalef; goosefraba; renita; socalcass; Toosywoots; MaryBnSC; cheryl1952

October 9-Izzyd; Mamacj; triciat; karenk; saninbham; imlindal46

October 10- morkiecoco; MomDukes58; BikiniBeachy

October 11-mama g

October 13-myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl

October 14-MyTurn; cstauble; bimbabe; BobbieND; crimsondawn; leannmorton; mamary5; sexievilyellow; nrpnrp; toots2008; caladonia41;Tyme2GetRite; Txnurse; up & adam; TJ1; hunnybunny3

October 15-rulooknatme; gritar; cheryl1952; alteration; animalover; ihadtodoit

October 16-SickNTired; SanMateoDae; Bino; angelx5; tracie30; maggiehpp; msavoy4901; bemused; nayray13; deb’s journey

October 17-Lshelley21; josiegurl; shadowland; newgrama0904; swalesfcc; hersheymalone; javabeans;

October 18-

October 20-nazzy; Ruby124; LynnN; Soupamom; taosgal

October 21-SnowWhite760; Vickie; gottabthin; cyndyg; rondapooh1;HelloPenny

October 22-annecolorgreen; jogirl; fortunate1; sandielaw

October 23- blueangelkc80; bugginbri

October 24-illinoishusker; bradley18; tyme2getrite; ktravel

October 25-

October 27- ebonie1015; alabamagirl1975; dicustr413

October 28-BootyBee; Michele777

October 29-knickerbocker; ~Bridgette~; SCTexasGirl; julie.ann; lauriel; dirigo; CMTurner; sunwyse; Altoonasoup

October 30-kygirl31; IDHmngBird;

October 31-

May October 13th be a "lucky" day for: myturn0421; lindatatu; vandih; fabnatsdiva; msk1968; travelinsorkel; missundastood; clv811; wifepilot; longhornmom; ctoyooka; suzanna; myturn; DC Girl

I'll be thinking of you and praying for you!

~~anne

Renita - I had a very odd grocery shopping trip today as well. It was certainly cheaper than usual - all I bought for myself as a couple cartons of broth and some sugar-free popsicles.

It is definitely hard to walk the aisles without really missing some of it - or at least eating at all right now. I probably would have done even worse had I been feeling better.

taosgirl - congratulations on being moved up. You'll be among the banded before you know it!

At least I am not alone with some of these feelings.

I guess I have known for a long time that this would be a tool and that I would have to make the changes everyday in habits and choices but when it's right here in your lap it is a struggle..at least for me at this point.

I am sure everyday will get better.

It is almost like you prepare and plan then before you know it it is here and you like ok what just happened.lol

I do appreciate everyone's own stories and am glad to know that we are all supporting each other in this journey to our new lives.

((Hugs)) & Love to everyone!!

renita

My surgery date is Oct 24th and I can't wait. Anxious for my new life to begin.

You can add me to the list, I was banded on October 3rd. I feel great, I have a slight pain under my left ribcage which had me worried, but I've been reading on here that it is rather normal, which is very reassuring! I'm down 15 pounds, which is exciting, and Friday I should progress to pureed foods - I can't wait! I'm thrilled with the outcome so far, no surprises. Good luck to everyone!

I totally understand how you all feel. About the food. And being stalled. I have been eating really healthy for about 2 months and have lost 31 lbs. Since I started the pre-op diet I have not lost anything. :)

I have a Culinary degree and since I am living with my parents while my Husband is deployed... I am my Mother's personal Chef.

Well, My approval was really fast and my pre-op surgery snuck up on me, without even realizing it. The day before I went to the store and bought a beautiful Tri-Tip Roast. I spent like $20 on it!! Not even realizing I was not going to get to eat it!

So, Guess who has the nerve to ask me to prepare the roast to be smoked today?!? AND asked me to make Whole Wheat Nut pancakes this morning?!?!

I said Hell NO... to the pancakes... and asked if they all wanted some Protein shake with their coffee?

But, I did prepare the roast and watched them eat it tonight! It smelled define. A few wishful pangs but I was OK with my shake and salad.

Scrambled eggs about killed me the other day, though.

So, Guess who has the nerve to ask me to prepare the roast to be smoked today?!? AND asked me to make Whole Wheat Nut pancakes this morning?!?!

I said Hell NO... to the pancakes... and asked if they all wanted some Protein shake with their coffee?

But, I did prepare the roast and watched them eat it tonight! It smelled define. A few wishful pangs but I was OK with my shake and salad.

Scrambled eggs about killed me the other day, though.

You are a brave woman. My poor daughter is going to subsist on frozen dinners for a couple of weeks. Then I'll get back into cooking for us.

Today (day 4) has been my toughest day so far. I've been hungry and Sundays are normally our 'anything goes' food day. They had the normal cheesy brats (sausage) for lunch. Daughter went to a baby shower and brought home a left-over plate for her dad. I opened it and the smell just lit up every alarm in my head! There were some sweet/sour meatballs - I had to stick my finger in that sauce - OMG! :) It's just been rough. We took a walk tonight and that really seemed to help with the gas pains! I am concerned about tomorrow. Everyone will be gone but me. I'm the only one to keep myself accountable. I just keep saying "it's temporary!". One day at a time! I love what Renita said:

It is almost like you prepare and plan then before you know it it is here and you like ok what just happened

That's exactly how it's been for me! I fought my insurance company for a year! Then, when I got the green light, the scheduled my surgery for 2 weeks later! It's like I blinked and I was on the other side! I'm still in awe that it actually happened!

Mary