Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

yeah ruby,im just so set on looking better this summer,ive got more to lose than most people,i had double knee surgery last year,and durin g that time i had added 50 pds being laided up.if not id be doing better,im not saying i havent wanted to cheat just mind is sorta set on lookin g better this summer,i do have 2 pieces sugarfree candy everynight,thats ab out it,keep me posted on ya ok,and happy new year

I've prob been the worst Smashing Pumpkin! Since the biggest weight I'd seen, I'm down 19 but only down 12 since surgery. I was such a pig over the holidays; omg.

I got my second fill last Tuesday and am SO tight. 5 days later and I can barely get down mashed potatoes! Luckily, I can get down yogurt, applesauce slowly, and SF pudding. Whew.

I am so scared to get another fill because I am afraid I will get too tight. I don't want to put off the fill because I'm afraid that I would do better with a fill.

Keep us posted!

I got my second fill last Tuesday and am SO tight. 5 days later and I can barely get down mashed potatoes! Luckily, I can get down yogurt, applesauce slowly, and SF pudding. Whew.

That is why I figured let me not rush my fills in December. I will get my second fill on Jan 7. I am looking forward to getting back on track now. Holiday is over. I packed Soups & yogurt & a Protein drink for work. I have some sliced ham & cheese to...sans bread though I can eat it with no problem right now. Funs over...Time to get to work!

Nazzy if i had double knee surgery last year I wouldn't be playing games either. I think it is fantastic you are out there walking & strenghthing them!:)

Good luck people!

I'm Doing Good, i made it through the Holidays and manage to lose 3lbs still. My restriction is still pretty good from my 2nd fill but i am ready to see where my 3rd fill will put me. i work out every other day but feel i need to step it up to walking and weights every other day and just walking on the off days. i feel like the weight lost has stopped or slowed down and i can't get over 28lbs lost !

is it me or do these Atkins shakes taste awful?someoene i think i read it on lap band talk said they used to taste better?they have a weird after taste,i got the vanilla to try and its yuk lol

I'm still holding at 26 lbs down. I gain a couple lbs than lose it. Can't drop below 242 lbs. I have my next Doc's appt. Jan. 18th, I hope to lose a couple more lbs before than. I'm picking up on my excercizing more carful on what & how much I eat. I think I'm still eating too much.

I might need a 2nd fill.

I'll get there yet.

Don

PS: Has anyone asked for a DVD of thier operation?? I might do that my next appt.

I'm still holding at 26 lbs down. I gain a couple lbs than lose it. Can't drop below 242 lbs. I have my next Doc's appt. Jan. 18th, I hope to lose a couple more lbs before than. I'm picking up on my excercizing more carful on what & how much I eat. I think I'm still eating too much.

I might need a 2nd fill.

I'll get there yet.

Don

PS: Has anyone asked for a DVD of thier operation?? I might do that my next appt.

Hello Skinnydippn42, before my surgery i asked for pictures of the inside of my stomach before and after the Band. they gave it to me on a CD, and i was told that they record each surgery and will give you a DVD of your surgery upon request ahead of time. i called later in an attempt to get a copy of my surgery and was not successful in doing so although i would love to see it! they (Medical Records & Dr.Office) gave me the run arounds as to who really had them.

I'm due for my 3rd fill, although right after my 2nd one i was good it has seem to slip as the weeks pass by. i also think i've been too aggressive with weights in my workouts and have turned fat into muscle(mass weigh more) and that's another reason my weight lost have stopped lately. it's been over 2months since surgery and i feel like i'm still at the weight lost(25LB) from the liquid diets. i have lost alot of inches but can't seem to get under 250...UGHHHH !

I'm not sure I'd be up for seeing that on DVD. I think it would be hard to see myself in such a vulnerable situation - not to mention icky.

I'm sort of stuck myself right now. The holidays were much harder than I expected. I did make it to the gym quite a bit (not as much as usual), but no weight loss in the last couple of weeks and I'm feeling pretty hungry. Unfortunately, I acted on that hunger far too frequently.

I have an appointment on Thursday for another fill. I'm trying to decide whether to risk the drive or not. It's only an hour drive, but the roads are already bad and we're expecting snow and ice the next three days. I may try to reschedule for a couple of weeks down the line and hope for better weather.

Love is Lovely,

I have had a had time this holiday. It is almost like I am not even banded. I have a 14cc band and have 4.5 cc. I can still eat anything I want which is not good. I have never gotten anything stuck and it doesn't hurt. Any advice?

Cheryl

Hi Cheryl, I saw this way late I know.

Are you exercising regularly? Trust me I hate the gym but in the past it was my life, im trying to get back to that again. I am eating healthier but I do have a few chips and Cookies :wub: but I say to myself "ill work it out".

Hi Everyone!

I made it through the holidays with NO weight gain. That has to be a first. I'm down 27 lbs since surgery on 10/28 and I can't be more pleased. I've had 2 fills and am just about ready for a 3rd. The second one didn't seem to last as long as the first, seems like I adjusted to it much faster.

I'm so glad the holidays are over! Now I can see what I can really do with the band when I'm not constantly tempted with a bounty of treats and snacks!

I'm also back to Curves as of Saturday. I'm hoping that adding a more consistent exercise plan will keep to pounds coming off!

I'm happy!

I had my first fill December 4. I lost 20 lbs prior to my first fill. Today I got my second fill. I managed to lose 1 lb over the holidays... :thumbup:

Yea...I was really good until the 24th. I got back on track around January 3. That is the first time I have lost weight over the holiday. My Doc said most people gain seven lbs over the holiday...that I should be happy. I am! biggrin.gif

Hey Tyme...Good on you for working the excersise in. That's fantastic. I have been lax in that area. My job is very physical. Heavy, fast paced work. My first day back to work was Jan 5 from Oct 20. I am hoping the added activity of my job and the second fill today really kicks in. I'm ready! Keep up the good work!

Nazzy...Have you tried these. I have tried the Mocha, chocolate, Oreo Creme, & Vanilla. They have 51 grams of Protein in a 15 oz can. Two or three grams of sugar depending on flavor. Lots of vitamins.....No after taste that I detect. I like them.

18phys.2.jpg

Good job everyone getting back on track!

Edited by Ruby124
Added stuff...

I found mine in a grocery store called Price Choppers. They usually sell for $2.99 per can. They had a week long sale for half price...$1.49 per can. I would go in and wipe them out every day. I must have about 250 cans.... :thumbup:

I have also seen them in Health food or Vitamin shops. I drink one every morning in the car with coffee on the way to work.