Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any October Bandsters!??!?!

ps....hello sickntired...how is everything going?:shades_smile:

Girl, I am nothing but pitiful! I ate 4-5 small pieces of peppermint bark today and am cooking a dessert for potluck tomorrow. I can't wait for the holiday season (and its delectables) to be over!!! I've called for a second fill but haven't heard back. I still feel like I can eat too much. So we'll see!

And how are you???

Yep, Yep these darn Holidays and all the potluck lunches and Holiday Dinners are really tough :ohmy: when it comes to eating less. especially with no feeling of real restriction. this has been the hardest challenge ever, i'm also ready for them to hurry by as fast as possilbe. everything is just so darn good:drool:, and like yourself SickNTired i've had my first fill and the restriction is gone. but i am fortunate that i was able to call the Dr. and get my 12-29 apt changed to monday 12-22(before Christmas). so we will see how the restriction is with the 2nd fill :w00t:

Belive.jpg?t=1229617567

I know what you mean. January 8th will be 3 months for me and I had initially lost 23 lbs but gained back 3 and pretty much staying there. I have discovered I can still eat bread with three fills and I am really getting discouraged. I go back Monday for another fill. They really don't want to give them if you are not eating too much. I don't know what to tell them other than I need help. Any ideas? Thanksgiving is what did me in. I discovered sweets again too.

Cheryl

I have discovered I can still eat bread with three fills and I am really getting discouraged.

Cheryl

I have a person on one of my support groups. She is a bandster of >10 years and she does fills for a living. Anyway to quote her "....just because you CAN eat doesn't mean you should."

I ate half a dinner roll last night at a Christmas party. I wish I hadn't. Except for an occasional thin crust pizza I haven't had bread, potatoes, rice or past for 2 months.

Write everything down. Keep track of your calories and such. I use www.sparkpeople.com. It is the best thing I do for my weight loss journey!

Glad to hear from ya'll,

It's been almost 2 months sence I have been Banded and I'm doing very good. Just had my 1st. fill on Dec 18th and can tell the differents. I'm having trouble with what they call "Head Hunger" but I'm working on overcoming that. It's not easy when I can eat just about anything now,but a lot less, and in the past could do that but in any amount, that's what got me this way being about 100 lbs over weight.

It's very easy to over come the band by eating alittle at a time longer that I should. With the fill I can over come that because it realy seems to make me feel full after eating just a little bit.

So far so good.

Don

Don - I think the Head Hunger is the hardest part to overcome. I'll have dinner at 6 or 7, and by 9 I'm having to talk myself out of getting something - anything - from the fridge. I know I'm not hungry, but that habit is very hard to overcome.

Hope everyone has a plan for getting through this week! Christmas dinner is a touch scary for me at this point. I'm planning on trips to the gym Monday, Tuesday, and Wednesday to gear up for it!

i go for my 2nd fill today :thumbup:and hopefully i will have the restriction back that i once had. Christmas will be the test. i'm down another 3lbs but that's 3 out of the 5lb i gained back since being back on solids. i've been playing around with 2-3lbs for 2 weeks now and it's driving me crazy:cursing:, if this doesn't get it i'm turning into a "Fill Junkie" i swear..lol

so we will see...Hope everybody else is doing good and i'm Wishing All My Smashing Pumpkins A Happy Holidays :biggrin:

DoOneBraveThing.png?t=1229963140

xmasWhatshappeningborder.gif

Hi everyone,

I had my first fill today and got weighed i am 23lbs down which i am really pleased with. Looking at my notes i have 6.2cc in band so hopefully this will give me some restriction. To be honest i havent felt hungry at all in the past 10 weeks but i am very pleased with my weight loss.

sweepyxx

Sweepy - I wish I hadn't felt any hunger!

I did hear from my surgeon's office today; I'm getting my second fill next Tuesday - yippee!!!

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to bring on vacation? this will be my 1st vacation since being banded on Oct. 1st. I will be going outside of the US or I wouldn't be so concerned. taking some Protein Shakes and bars .any other suggestions would be appreciated.

hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday

thanks

Hi everyone,

How is everyone handling all the Cookies and candies that folks are bringing to the office and at the Holiday parties. I decided to allow myself 2 or 3 small cookies per day. I was afraid if I didn't, I would really pig out. I hope I don't regret my decision. Hurry Christmas, hurry fast! I want the temptations to go away!

I have been doing pretty well with the temptations at work, but am a bit disappointed that I couldn't have my second fill Friday because I wasn't feeling great. Now it is pushed until January 9. So, I have to get through the holidays with mostly willpower since I dont' have much restriction. Good luck to everyone!

I had my second fill on 12/5/08. It doesn't seem much different than before. Maybe I am close to the sweet spot. Even though I feel like I could eat more than I do, I am contented before I finish most of my meals so I stop eating. I did have one small incident when I was eating too fast. The food just would not go down. It does not pay to hurry when we are eating.

Officially my plan calls for no fruit until 3 months out. That is several weeks yet. I have been eating a quarter of an apple chopped up in my salad. That seems to satisfy my need for crunch. I tolerate it just fine and it does not seem to have slowed the progress.

Hi all

Just wondering if anyone has any suggestions for what to bring on vacation? this will be my 1st vacation since being banded on Oct. 1st. I will be going outside of the US or I wouldn't be so concerned. taking some Protein Shakes and bars .any other suggestions would be appreciated.

hope everyone has a wonderful Holiday

thanks

We always took PB crackers + granola bars. Not sure how band-diet approved that is but my suggestion. Also what about some snack bag sizes of nuts? That's what I have off of the top of my head. Have fun! (Where are you going?)

Hi. I'm Don's wife. Today we heard Medicare paid and so now Federal Blue Cross/Blue Sheild will pay the rest.

Also Don will need to put a new photo of him self on here because he looks different. He's wearing cloths that he hasn't worn in yearrs!

Nina