Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal challenge between HP and D!!!

I actually FORGOT to weigh today. Just as I have never been able to understand people who forget to eat, I never thought I'd see the day that I would forget to weigh! Yowsa. :cool2:

Will weigh tomorrow. Planning a dawn ride in am - love it, love it!!

HP - you will get going again! I think the first step is to get on the bike!! I know that when I ride I am much more motivated to eat right, drink right. After all, every pound lost is one less pound to haul up that hill. :thumbup:

TL - I have never been aqble to figure out that phenomenon either. But, I figure in my lifetime it has evened out with the week's that I have lost and not really "deserved" it. :laugh: Keep on keepin' on and it will show up on the scale. As for how D managed that 8# loss, here is my theory: she got a haircut, flossed her teeth, shaved her legs and pits, inhaled some helium (so she'd be lighter and sound like Truman Capote), wore "Daisy Duke" shorts and a cut off tank (and no undies), removed all jewelry (including her navel ring), and last (but not least) plucked her eyebrows. :tt2:

D - I hope you don't mind my piece of fiction as to your 8# loss, just trying to cheer up TL! :w00t:

Have a good week everyone! KY

2B

Thanks for the cheer up! I will keep on keepin and try some of the things you mentioned but I will take a poop too and see if that helps!

I took tomorrow off so I could have a 4 day weekend, therefore it would be taboo for me to wake up early.....so I have a dusk ride planned!

How in the world could you forget to weigh...geeeeez

have a good ride tomorrow!

I was off my bike due to a back issues last week....It was horrid.

ANYWAY

BACK ON TOMMROW

Weighed yesterday and had the pleasure of gaining 2# despite working hard last week. :sad: TL - don't you feel better about staying the same?! :smile:

Here are my excuses:

- I put my deodorant on pretty heavy before I weighed. :smile:

- Boy-oh-boy do I need to shave my legs! :party:

- I didn't talk nice to the scale before I got on :smile:

- I went to the dentist and got a filling this past week. That has to add on some weight, doesn't it?? :w00t:

- I was thinking "fat" thoughts (power of mind over matter) :thumbup:

- My fat cells are having too much fun with all this lovely start-of-fall bicycling? They don't want to be exterminated! :tt2:

Oh well, keep riding, walking, and eating well. It HAS to come off if I persist!! KY

Ok,

I am so pissed

I just got done typing out this LOOOONG post and hit submit and it just went away!!! What the heck

Ok…..

So, I am in word and going to write it and then hit copy…LOL

I had a fill yesterday.

I did loose, which I am glad since I had gained.

I am up higher than I planned on being, but that is ok….I am still not where I was a year ago…which is good.

So…..I have to be honest here. I don’t think I am going to be able to accomplish the goal I sit against D.

There is just not a way to get 22 lbs off in less than a month..short of starving myself and being reallyyyy unhealthy.

So……I am modify my goal

I am planning on getting at least 10 lbs off by our Oct 6th date. I know this is not what I made a promise for…but….I need to be realistic here.

So this is what my new modified goals are:

10 lbs off by October 6

12 lbs off by November 6

That would bring me to 200.

Which would make my total loss of 137 pounds

That in itself to me is going to be awesome…..cant imagine(OMG CAN I IMAGINE )

So….this is how I am going to do this:

Making GOOD POSITIVE CHOICES

Starting now….limiting my soft drinks back down to where within in a month am off them again all together by adding in more sugar free drinks and more water…….

Walking at least 2 miles each day x 5 (30 min lunch)

Getting back on my bike and committing to at least 3 days per week….(modified due to school schedule.)

Completing a century ride before December 31.

Making sure that food choices are of good value….and limiting eating out

While in Florida for the month of October

Swimming at least 1 per day in hotel pool..weather permitting

Riding at least 3 times per week or more

Riding in a organized bike event at least 1 time while there (anyone up for a event)

Making good food choices even while eating out…NO KFC chicken

Ok…I think these goals are manageable

I know it is not easy when we get so close…but you know, I like looking better, I like feeling better, and I don’t want to put back on my weight because I am making poor choices.

So…..these are my goals, my bible to live by for the next few months and I appreciate all of you here being so supportive of me and encouraging…..

Together…we are all going to get to our goals….step my step…..

Those are good Goals and values to follow HP!!

To be honest, I dont think I am going to be loosing the 18 pounds by October 6th either. As I said earlier I dont understand why I am not loosing weight, I have changed everything in my life, I make healthy quality food choices and I am exercising and drinking tonsssss of Water.< /p>

I will just keep at it and hope it will start showing on the scale. I do feel a difference in my clothes, I bought a new outfit last monday for my weekend get away and by the time I wore it on my weekend, it was already tooo big even though the scale said I gained a pound.

So..Today I had approx 1200 calories 36 gm of fat and 110 g Protein.< /p>

Protein Shake w/ 1 cup skim milk

Egg beater omelet w/ light cheese

2 slices of turkey bacon

salad with fat free dressing

1/2 c cottage cheese

Low fat/carb veggie shepards pie ( have a wonderful recipe if you guys want it)

banana

2 tbs Peanut Butter

96 oz of water

I ran 1 mile

I walked 1 mile

I lifted free weights

I did 100 crunches

and I punched the bag for 4 minutes

soooooo what the heck am i doing wrong!

Hi ya'all.....I am back!!! I have NO time to get on computer now and I am mad about it. I should be studying now and here I sit, because I miss you ALL!!!! I did not weigh on Monday, we were camping, but weighed Tuesday and lost 1 pound. I don't know how I lost the 6 pounds, not 8, that week either, other than I was eating way too much food and knew it, and just stopped eating all the extra food. Shaving the pits did help too!!!! I loved that!!!

I rode my bike last night, which I wanted to get on here, but figured riding was way more important. I am not doing much riding anymore, in fact last night was the first long ride since the 23rd of August. Not sure what is going to happen now, but will continue to go when I can and to run too. I am pooped and need to go study. So, I will go now, but wanted to check in and say hi!!!

i know what you mean about not riding. I have not rode in over a week, and yet it is sitting there with the sad spokes calling out to me....

It is wonderful here today, so getting rid of the headache from my nasty ass cold, and getting on her.

Hoping to get going here shortly

I dont think it is even getting above 80....

I am super excited about something....I emailed a person who was an organizer of a ride in Florida. Since I am going to be down there possibly for a month, I thought I would see what kind of ride events I could fine, etc.

So....she emailed me back, and she is from Indiana!!!! She works at a bike shop in Florida and organizes several local rides. she has invited me to join them on there sat rides, and has given me some great links as well.

I was sooooo happy!!!! I was kind of stressing about being gone that long, but if I can ride with a group when I am there and stay active, it will make my time pass allot faster..

School stinks...I hate it and wish I was not messing with it...but..OH welll......

D...I wish things would calm down for you. I am sure it is hard being so busy..but just look at the final outcome you will have? I think it is going to be awesome for you and your family.

I have completed some of my goals I set for the week

I walked Thursday and friday at work...2 miles.....and the second day did steps too. My legs were real sore...yikes....but I have not been riding so I needed to get on the ball with something.

My soft drinks are slowly being cut...my food intake is less due to restriction and mind set....

So......now...LETS GET THE WEIGHT OFF!!!!!!!!!!!

hope everyone is still having a good day!!!

monday!!! down 3 lbs...

back on trackkkkkk!!!

ok...so the goal still stands for me to loose 10 by October 6th..which will be down to 209!!!! and than the other 9 by November 6th....OMG...this is getting so close for me...OOOOOOOOOO

I feel like crap with this cold, but yet I feel so dang good

Okay...well my weight didn't change this week....I dunno. I am measuring myself the 10th of every month, so I will see if I am losing inches or what. I go back to the doctor on Monday so we will see what he says, I have also written down every single morsel of food that passes my lips for the last 2 weeks so he can look at my logs and see if I need to change anything!

School is kickin my butt!!!!

HOpe all is well with everyone!!

Good job HP, hope you feel better soon! how is your back?

hey, you know we all can tell you we go through stages without loosing. It seems to make no sense at all. I know last year I wasnt loosing, but I was looking slimmer. It is the toning and the inches...

Plus we hit a place where we kind of plateau, and there is many times i think we get to that...it sucks....

I am loosing, but so freaking slow.

I walked at lunch with a new girl today, and than got a wild hair and went for a short training ride tonight, just to get my speed up and my cadence and hills down.

We found that this time last year, I was riding maybe 10 miles an hour and we were maybe going 10 miles a time. So, I also know I was not doing any of the hills that we are currently doing. I am trying to spice it up a little and push myself more than before so I can get going....

I also was told by my doctor last week I was not eating enough carbs....But??? I have a hard time getting that in when I dont eat allot of bread stuff.

I know it will start to show for you and you will be looking back at this as a minor set back....Keep with it....I promise it will get better.

well, i may not being losing weight but I am inches. Last month we decided to measure me, so on the 10th of this month we remeasured....and I have lost 4 inches on my body! I will take that!

Sorry I haven't been here much but my Bachelor's program is an accelerated program that they state makes it easier on the working nurse..hahhaahahhhahaha sorry did I laugh too loud?? Basically we take 3 classes a semester but only 1 at a time, so, each class is is only 5 weeks long, but and it is a big BUT, in that 5 weeks you complete 17 weeks worth of work...

So I will check in with you all tomorrow with my weigh in and my Dr appointment!

HOpe you are all keeping your heads above Water with your school!

So I went to the dr. today and he told me to take my scale away until I see him next month. He wasn't happy that I had only lost 2 pounds this month and I told him I wasn't either. I told him I am keeping a food journal and making sure I stay between my 800-1200 calories a day, I am exercising and told him how frustrated I was with the lack of weight loss. He told me just to keep it up and hopefully I will see progress next month, I think I am a little hormonal bc that was not the answer I was looking for. I left pretty upset...I dont know...gotta love a womans TOM.

So I will keep at it and hopefully I will see results soon... Oh and he didnt want to add anything to my band today so I have the same ol same ol

and the time of the month does not help BLOAT!!!!!

keep journaling and keep exercising. next month you will knock his socks off...well..that may be gross...but you know what I mean

D....baby!!!!!

I have not any power at home....it is stinkin......we did fine the first day or so, and now, it is getting old.....

we had to cancel a ride tonight just so we can sneak into a campground to take showers......not fun

but, think we may load the bikes and jsut ride into the campground...lol

I am holding at my current weight. I need to chill the heck out and get back to my goals. Seems like I ate more last week than I should, and ummmmm had liquids that are a NO NO.....does not help my loss.

I did find out I am getting to go to my training. I leave the 3 of Oct....for 4 weeks. Than another 2 later.

Driving and taking my bike though...pretty excited about that.

Everyone hang in there........we can all do this....