Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Personal challenge between HP and D!!!

Husband put the scale away...we laid down for a nap and I had a dream about the fill I just got....and my scale....I think it is going to be a tough week for my husband..he is such a softy for me he told me he would give it back if I wanted it..I told him NO...I cant have it until Monday morning. He just better not forget where he hid it..lol

Sooo I am already going through withdrawal if I am dreaming about it...yikes..

Gail! you are doing awesome, you only have 21 pounds to go! I hope I am as successful as you are in the amount of time that you have been! You will be back on your feet in no time!!!!

Okay....so since this is all still new to me I need some help.

I was fine when I left my dr office today after my fill.. half way home I started feeling like I needed to slime...so we pulled over and I did. I have not had anything after I left his office and I am having the feeling like there is something stuck...It has got to be my saliva. I have the pain in my sternum and my back area. I dont even want to swallow. I know he said I would experience swelling and thats why he has me do the Clear liquids for the first few days...has anyone else experienced this and how long does it take to go away?

12 Steps for the scale and/or posting addicted

(adapted without permission from AA*)

1. We admitted that we were powerless over our addition, that the scale and/or posting on LBT was overtaking our life.
  2. Came to believe that a Power greater than ourselves could restore us to sanity (or at least the level of sanity we started at...).
  3. Came to realize that the Power greater than ourselves was NOT the frequency that we stepped on the scale, nor the number of postings on LBT.
  4. Made a decision to turn our scale over to a safe person who would hide it well, and not hurt us when we wrestled with them to try and get it back. Or alternate: Made a decision to step away from the keyboard before anyone could get hurt (such as carpal tunnel from excessive typing).
  5. Admitted to our friends on LBT the exact nature of our scale and/or LBT addiction(s).
  6. We were entirely ready to have our HP remove 18 lbs. from our bodies on by Oct. 6th, even if we didn’t weigh ourselves more than one-a-week.
  7. We humbly asked our HP to remove our craving for the scale and/or posting on LBT. Or alternate: We whined incessantly to anyone who would listen, thereby burning calories to help our HP out in achieving Step 6. (Whining burns approximately 145 calories per hour)
  8. As time went on, we made a list of all the stupid, idiotic people that thought it would be a good idea to cut back on weighing and/or posting, and vowed to take away their favorite thing.
  9. Continued to hang on by our very fingernails to the goal of weighing once a week and/or overcoming the posting addiction.
  10. Sought through prayer, meditation, searching the house for the scale, begging, and/or looking longingly at the keyboard to have the power to carry out this goal.
  11. Made apologies to everyone on the list in Step 8 for even thinking such ugly things.
  12. And on Oct 6th, celebrated like a big dog because there is 18 lbs. less of us to love and/or we haven’t acquired any repetitive motion injuries (also think about how the “enter” button is getting such a break…I’m sure it will extend its life span tremendously).

* To any true 12-steppers reading this, please understand it is meant light-heartedly and not to be offensive to any one.

HP: Doin' the Happy Dance!! :blink::musical_note::crying::biggrin::musical_note: Congratulations on the great news. I will now save my lightbulbs for someone else :thumbup:

ummmm...you had me confused when i started reading the 12 step program..LOL

But than i realized you meant HIGHER POWER not HOOSIERPOMS...LOL

Great...and wonderful..loved reading this...

TLILLI...sounds like you are too tight......take it easy with your food consumtion, and if it is not better, please call the doctor....

I had some sliming and it is a awful awful feeling....allot is if I eat too fast or get to talking when I do...LOL

Please take care

So...it has been an interesting night. It came to a point where I was to uncomfortable to bear through the night so I called the Dr. He said it sounded like I was too tight and was concerned about me sleeping tonight with risk of aspiration. So off to the ER I went. He told me the Dr.'s at the ER he sent me too were trained to do the fills on my band but if I felt uncomfortable then have them call him and he would come in. So..I gave it an all out shot. The first thing the ER DR said to me was...I have never done this but I hear it is like a mediport. He brought in a huber needle and an insulin syringe.

I looked at him...and said, sir, no offense, the port itself maybe like a mediport but accessing it is not...it is deep into my abdomen that you have to be able to feel and access it..you can't see it from the surface. If you dont mind I would like for you to call my surgeon, they told me time and time again, never let an untrained person access my port, so I hope you understand.

He called my surgeon, came back in and asked if he could just feel it...so I let him, his eyes got huge and said..yeah, I would not be able to do that.

My surgeon came, and asked for the proper supplies, unfortunately, the huber needle they have is not the type they use in the office to access ports...so..he numbed me up and 3 bent needles later he removed .2 cc and I was no longer in pain, I could swallow!

I am just tender from 4 attempts of being accessed today..and my throat from having 13 hours of not being able to keep anything down.

Sorry for the long post..bottom line is...I'm better! And still without my scale.

TL=tigerlili

I am sorry you went through with that....I guess next time that happens you will know right away that it is tooooooooo tight. I am glad you stood up for yourself and insisted on your doctor.

2B, that was a great 12 step program for us addicted to scales or LBT.....

I got a little confused myself the first time I saw the HP.....I guess we are all a little dense!!! LOL...

looks like no one is posting over here anymore???

What the heck???

D...just to tell you....you are so much further ahead of me...I feel like all we have done this week is eat and ummmm DRINK.....lol.....Jack Daniels has this malt beverage....wwowowowowo/

pretty freakin amazing

I dont drink that often..unless it is a glass of wine..but....well..this stuff is pretty tastey..

Okay...today was a much better day.. still on Clear liquids from getting my adjustment though.

I have kind of slacked this week with my exercise, we have had so much going on and then the lovely weather. I will pick back up tomorrow...I promise! Plus I am kind of concerned about not really getting calories being on Clear Liquids and working out so it is probably for the best.

HP~Sorry your trip is being consumed by this tropical storm...it came across the state and now its going to make a u-turn and come right back across us. Hopefully when you come back down in October you will see nicer weather! October is really a pretty time down here, especially in the evenings!

How much alcohol can you handle now compared to pre-band? My friends aunt who had bypass said she can barely drink without getting intoxicated.

Jamaica is in 47 days!! So I hope to of lost the remaining 15 lbs before I go!

Is it almost Monday yet?? I miss the scale!

I am having a MUCH easier time this week with the scale......but I have been super busy getting ready for school. Sooo hang in there, next week will be easier!!!

I have not drank at all since being banded, so I don't have an answer about the alcohol.

I made a HUGE mistake tonight. For some reason, I am stuck after eating a granola bar too late in the evening....now I can't lay down without it coming up, so here I sit......and I needed sleep tonight!!

I don't and didn't drink llot before surgery! I have aquired a liking to sweet wine, and have drank a little more than I should but not bad! This week has been different nd I only had two bottles of the malt stuff! Which was enough for ne! My husband does not mind when I drink more than I should but lol!!! We just don't like having it in the house and 95Percent of the time don't!!!! So, as far as the rain? Ya pretty much has rained allot! We r going to honeymoon island state park after class today! Praying it quits!!!!

We have had such a fun time today!!!! We went to hmoon island and I got to talk to JC!!! We r meeting tommorow for dinner I am so excited! Nd than we headed down to st pete beach!!!! We use to go there every summer when I was little so we went back where I use to stay took pictures and than headed down the way to the don cessar or the PINK PALACE and than paid to park nd watched what was of the sun set!!! It was awesome!! Heading back to orlando and it is raining!!! Sorry such a long post!!! Oooo and the trail pinnelli that JC always use to talk about and had pictures of we got to see!!! Well some of it!! Think we r going to plan a vacation here next year and bring r bikes!!!!!!