Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Banders?

You're right Kiz, I meant not to drink with meals and each meal should keep me full for 4-6 hours. When I see people post weight loss of 25-30lbs. during their first month post OP - I have to wonder what am I doing wrong.

Lynn, I'm sure people are keeping track of their weight loss differently too. I had to go on a liver shrinking diet two weeks pre-op, so part of my weight loss happened pre-banding. A lot of people have a six-month required diet for insurance, and some may include that in their weight loss totals. I know it can be frustrating when you're working so hard and the scale just doesn't seem to want to budge, but we'll get there. There's no way we can eat this little and excercise and not lose the weight. Maybe not as fast as we would like, and maybe not as quickly as others, but we'll get there.

One of the things I love about the band is that we can customize the restriction based on our needs. I'm making total health my commitment, so I'm going to be busting my butt to exercise six to seven days a week with lots of cardio now, and at six weeks I want to add strength training. I hope that also will aid in my weight loss. Others aren't so much into exercise, and may need a tighter fill to get the pounds off. Heck, who knows, I may need a tight fill and tons of cardio to get to normal, but I do know that I already feel 100% better than I did a month ago. I'm thankful every day that I'm was able to get a lap band.

Edited by kiz

I was banded on September 24, 2008 in Louisville, KY by Dr. Lusco..

Hi. Congrats on your new start! Welcome to the forum.:)

I was banded on the 29th of Sept.

I am starting to feel like I can move a little easier today.

I'm getting hungry for real food!:)

I am looking forward to mushies (I hate that word) next week.

I am doing my 30 minutes of walking.

I think this has helped with the "gas" issue.

Anyone who says this is the easy way out clearly does not know what they are talking about!

I still have some burning in the port area when I make certain movements.

But over all I think I'm doing pretty well.

I couild not imagine going to work yet.

Thanks for Short term disability!

I was banded on the 24th and was back to work on the 29th. I was feeling well enough on the 29th too.. I did wear loose fitting pants for the 1st week. The thought of something tight around my port area was just something I wasn't ready to experience! Today was the 1st day I wore my regular pants and they were ok, until later in the afternoon... back to my loose ones tomorrow!

I'm so sick of the liquid diet and I agree with you, Sash, this is NOT the easy way out! I am so looking forward to the mushies (hate that word too).. just a few more days and I'll be there.

Good luck to everyone out there!!

I hope you're doing better.

I'm two weeks post op and doing great.

I am experiencing some discomfort at the port site now for the first time.

Nothing serious, just uncomfortable.

Swelling has all gone and I can actually feel the port, which is cool!

I hope everyone is doing well and I'm praying for the ones who are having problems!

Hang in there ... I'm so excited about our journey!

God Bless,

Jeanie

I couild not imagine going to work yet.

Thanks for Short term disability!

Me too! My short term disablity was approved through October 23. I go for my first fill on that day. I am glad that I will have to do liquids the next day since it will be my first day back at work. I don't want to PB or slime on my first day back to work.

Hi my sept fellow bandsters ...

Im 11 days post op and feeling good now :crying:

Just had a nice WOW moment and wanted to share ,Since my pre op diet and band today I made my loss THE 2 STONE MARK =28 pounds ..

Im chuffed as hell and most of this was acheived on my pre op diet before u all get dis-heartned.

Although in 11 days post op I have lost over 7 pound .

best wishes to u all :thumbup: and have a good day x

YAY SASSY37!:redface:

Way to go!

28 lbs is fantastic!

Hi all,

Banded on 26 Sep and having problems going past 18 lbs. My Realize Band computer prograsm says I am at a plateau. I have already had the 1st fill 2 wks ( 6 wks?) I don't know what I am doing wrong, and I am getting discouraged. I still out of habit want to much on something at night especially. HELP.:grouphug:

pttcarol,

Hang in there. I seemed to lose very slow between my first and second fill. I was banded 9/30/08 and had my second fill on 11/15. I have definitely noticed a difference. Very hard to over eat now. I have been losing again since that fill. I love not being hungry!!

:blush:

Thanx for the encouragement. I have my call into the RN that does the fills.......hopefully she will have an answer. I seem to be losing inches tho...but I am anxious to see the lbs drop on the scale too.

Don't get discouraged; I was at a plateau also, but actually and you're not going to believe this ... i found i had to eat MORE to actually start losing again!!! Seems when you eat so little your body goes into starvation mode and you don't lose, it adjusts itself to what you have given it, so what I did was to eat more ... by eating alittle every two-three hours ... I did this for 24-36 hours and then went back to my regular schedule ... and I lost 4 pounds in like two days!!! I haven't updated my counter, but I had lost 9 lbs. on my first fill date 11/4; and now i think according to my scale I have lost another 10 pounds and I'm due for my second fill on 12/4. Keep on with your high Protein foods and drink lots of Water ... you will start to lose again!!! It's so nice to get on the scales and actually see them going down instead of up!!! We have embarked on an incredible journey and we can do this! I get soooo many compliments on how great i look; and I feel so good about doing something for myself, I have more energy than I've had in years! My grandson even noticed that I can do more things with him! Keep up the good work, it will pay off!!!:thumbup: