Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Any September Banders?

I'm similar to ya'll. But I loose and gain the same pound. HOW???? Anyway I nearly ate nothing (like when we were on liquids). Anyway I dropped again. On another lapband board I belong we're all doing a bump it up thing. I can post details here. We're doing it december 1-10. I hope it bumps it up for me. I'm having days I'm discouraged as can be, other days it's like whatever! I don't want to resort to an antidepressant again, as they make me eat more. I don't need that.

teri

Oh and I have 2.2 cc's in a 10 cc band even though my signature says something different.

teri

no more worries about weight ,i am very slow loser but i believe so we r now eating too much less before we used to be ,so its should be happen one day,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,,be positive and happy

I have 2.5 cc in a 10cc band.

Eating too much less is not the answer, it puts your body in starvation mode and it will retain everything it can!!!! Answer is to eat normal as possible, then drop back !!! I'm telling you this works!!!! Don't starve yourself, eat until your satisfied. I've tried this when i was at a stand still and it works, plus many other bandsters have told me about it and it worked for them and it will work for us!!! If you go into starvation mode with your body, eating less and less till it's almost nothing, you will stand still ... eat your Proteins, DRINK PLENTY OF WATER!!!! You will start losing again! Good luck to us all!

hello,actually i want to say that don't measure r self on weighting machine, because i have 10cc with 1 ml band ,my first fill was 5ml,and 2nd 27th Oct was 1 ml, so i have total 7 ml. doctor told me u can eat some sold food slowly slowly ,before i was afraid to eating because its stuck ed. now i am very good with food i am eating more than before.and no more hunger as well.thanks for u r advice love.:cursing:

Banded Sept 4th, had fill 6 weeks latter, 5.5 mm, weight loss 52 lbs. has been slow, hold callaries to 1000 per day, try to r9ide bike 30 minutes as I have bad knees. would love to excecise more, now loosing 2.5 lbs per week. Good luck to everyone. It will happen. Belong to support group in Port Charlotte.Very helpful.:cursing: Bernie

Hi Teri,

I was banded one day after you! You have done fantastic with your weightloss. I am interested in what your "bump it up" thing is all about!

Shannon

#1 Do for 10 days to break plateau

#2 Drink 2 quarts of Water a day

#3 You must have 45 grams of Protein supplement and all your Vitamin

& mineral supplements each day.

#4 You may consume up to 3 oz. of the following high-protein foods,

5 times a day:

* beef,

* pork,

* chicken,

* turkey,

* lamb,

* fish,

* eggs,

* low-fat cheese,

* cottage cheese,

* plain yogurt (or artificially sweetened),

* Peanut Butter,

* beans/legumes.

#5 You may also have:

* sugar-free popsicles (avoid juice popsicles),

* tea or coffee,

* sugar-free sodas,

* sugar-free Jello,

* broths & bouillons,

* Crystal Lite drinks.

#6 IF IT IS NOT ON THE LIST YOU MAY NOT HAVE IT!

#7 Keep a food diary and try to get 30 minutes of exercise daily.

Ideally you have someone you're doing it with, for encouragement, and for basically the reporting in part to help us. I'm doing it the 1st to the 10th. The 3rd/4th will be an interesting day, as I'll be on liquids/mushies with another fill.

teri

I was banded September 24th. I was worried about the thanksgiving holiday but didn't gain anything thank goodness...didn't lose anything either. Seem to be stuck in a spot as well. Have lost 28 pounds and want to see the scale move again.

I was banded Sept. 23rd and have lost 29 pounds. I have had one fill so far and go back tomorrow for another. I have absolutely no restriction whatsoever. So far I have been able to keep my weight in check but the last two weeks have been pure hell. I am hungry and desperately want that feeling of being full. Thank God tomorrow I get my second fill. I hope it helps. I wonder how long it will take me to get to that infamous "sweet spot". I am afraid if this keeps up I am going to gain. Every time, before the band, I went on a diet I could do it for 3 or 4 months then fall off the wagon. Right now I am basically dieting since the band is not at the point it needs to be. I know for everyone that point is different. Hope tomorrow helps. I know the band is only a tool but right now I feel like I am tool-less.

Hi,

Thanx for your comment. I have been at a plateau for about 7-8 days now. I don't want to get discouraged, but it is hard not to.

Have no problem eating any foods....called the RN for another fill, no response yet.

Hey September friends...

It's just fascinating to me how different all our experiences are. I am so in a holding pattern with my weight loss and I KNOW what my issue is...I am not eating enough.

I have to FORCE myself to eat in the morning. Have no interest or desire AT ALL. It's a little better but not much by lunch...at dinner I am hungry.

I get 70 oz. of liquid a day (still could use more) and only at bedtime do I feel thirsty/dehydrated.

Other than that...I FEEL GREAT! My main reasons for having the surgery were to trick my body to make horomes again...which thankfully started 48 hours post surgery and I feel so freaking wonderful. It's nice after EIGHT years to not feel dead!

Anyone have creative responses for those who know you've had the surgery and ask on a daily basis... SOOOOOOO, how much have you lost now????? People assume it's just going to drop off all at once...I get tired of that question. :biggrin:

HAPPY DECEMBER!!!

LC

Hi I think I am in the same boat you were. I work at a hospital and lunch time is short and breaks dont' exist. When I work on the psych ward I cant' eat at all because of stress. But today I ate really slow and I ate a whole piece of salmon, something I formally was getting stuck on. Then I would be hungery alittle while later

Hi all,

I am getting more discouraged each day. I did lose 1 lb....this wk though. ANyway, even tho I am losing inches, the lbs are not coming off. I need some help. I have 5 cc in my realize band. Banded 26 Sep.