Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Hi everyone!

I'm in CT-- down in the southwestern tip! I just had my band placed last week! I had it @ Norwalk Hospital with Dr. Neil Floch. He has been wonderful. He also operates out of St.Vincent's as well. Great office staff too.

I'm still on Clear liquids and really looking forward to eating again soon! I miss chewing! Nice to find a local board..

Congrats on your new band Jenn....only a few more weeks til you can chew again. Unfun I know, but just think about all the great things your new life has in store.

Go you! Good luck on your new adventure.

EbonyRose,

Good luck with all the appts. I have heard good things about Dr. Bell and his group. I am impressed that you are incorporating the exercise into your lifestyle. That will really help you post-op. Let me know how you make out.

Hey everyone! I am from Gales Ferry, right next to Mohegan Sun... I was banded June 20, 2008 by Dr. Erhlich at St. Vincents in Bridgeport. I get my fills at his office in Waterford. Good luck to all of you getting ready to be banded!!! This has been one of the best things I have ever done! I am a self pay and would do it again in a heartbeat! Any southeastern ct bandsters out there?????

I am having a hard time with my band. :thumbdown: I think something went wrong with my last fill on Aug. 27 and I have no restriction. I am craving bad food, like chocolate and feel like I have no will power. I need to call the doctor but unfortunately he only sees patients on Wednesdays and those are bad days for me workwise. I live in Fairfield County. Does anyone know of a good nutritionist, food counselor and or psychologist that you could recommend? Thanks for listening.

Hi Alliemorris73,

We're practically neighbors! I live in downtown Norwich, and 'cause my hubby is retired Navy, I was in and out of Gales Ferry quite a bit over the last 10 years or so - it's a beautiful area...:cool2:

Congrats on your loss so far! You are doing VERY well - good for you! Keep up the good work, and I hope to be joining you soon...:lol:

What do you do for exercise? I heard Gabriele's Kickboxing & Karate in Gales Ferry is awesome - I took a few classes with them when they were doing classes at the Submarine Base, but now that I live in Norwich and commute to New Haven, it's impossible to get to them, so I'm on my own... :biggrin:

Anne Mata and Lynn Holmberg. They are both in Norwalk. One is nutritionist and one is a Pyschologist specialing in bariatric concerns.I forget which one is which, lol. I had to see them both preoperatively. Loved them both. Good luck.Message me if you want me to find more information.

Hi Ebony Rose!!!! Congrats on your upcoming surgery!!! My hubby retired from the Navy in February! If you have any questions or would like to get together email me at 1morrisfamily@comcast.net I am so sorry your support group meeting didn't go well. Where did you go? I just started going to one that has been pretty good so far. I am so excited to actually talk to someone near me! I have been doing alot of different types of excercizing, examples: wii fit, geocaching and I actually started jogging.. ok so maybe from telephone pole to telephone pole but I am still calling it jogging! :)

Hi Bluenurse, I am from Wethersfield too. I am also a nurse. I have been banded for a month now and just had my first fill yesterday. Where are you on this journey?

hi! Im from naugatuck, banded on 9/9/08 and lost 20 lbs so far. I am no longer taking diabetes med. I can jump out of bed so much easier. When you lose that much in a short time, you can really notice the effects. my dr was dr yood from st raphaels hosp. I had an easy surgery with no complications, and very little discomfort. Only xstrength tylenol for 2 days afterward. At 4.5 weeks postop, I can eat around 1000-1100 cals per day. I am eating soft or pureed foods. for BFast I have 1 egg and a slice of cheese with pureed peppers and onions(1 Tbsp) omelet and 1/2 slice toast. For lunch, I eat 1/4 can of tuna with 6 ritz crackers and some pureed broccoli and carrots with a little cheese in it, dinner is pureed chicken breast, baked potato(1/2) and pureed spinach. I eat pureed fruit in between.( like applesauce or peaches)

Hi Patty,

Dr Yood was my Doctor too. He banded me 8/13/08. My recovery has been great so far with no issues what so ever. I go for my second fill next Friday the 17th. I have been very happy with his practice so far. Do you go to the support group meetings on the 1st thursday of the month?

Hi Patty,

I'm a neighbor, Beacon Falls. I had Dr. Erhlich at St. Vincent's Hospital. I was treated very well in the hospital. They all couldn't be nicer. Everyone from admissions to the nurses to the aids, the doctors, just everyone was great! I had and have a little discomfort with the gas and one incision but otherwise I'm following directions to a T and I believe that's why I'm doing OK.

That's so great that you no longer have to take the diabetes meds and it's good that you're feeling so good. I'm really looking forward to that.

Tell me, how on earth do you tolerate pureed chicken. I've been trying to talk myself into that, although I'm not at that stage yet (just banded this past Tuesday) but it's very hard. It sounds so gross to me. Did you say you added anything to it? I might just skip that but I'd like to be able to tolerate it. Thanks for the message, it was helpful.

Edited by gottaluvme