Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Hi Heather, I wanted to go on the first thur. in Oct., but couldnt make it. I am planning to go in Nov. Maybe we can meet there, if you go. You are 2 months post op now, have you lost much weight? I see dr. Yood on the 20th again. He's a good doctor.

Since surgery I have lost 29 pounds. I will be going to see Dr Yood on 10/17 for a fill but, I am debating whether or not I need one. I am losing at a good rate but, I am hungry 2 hours after I eat. So, I will talk to him and see what he recommends. I will be at the November meeting. Did u have to do the 6 months with Dianne & Chris? My last one was in May, maybe we met there.

hi heather, I did not have to do 6 mo. with chris or diane. My ins. paid for my surgery without any problem. I called and asked if they would cover it, they said yes, and I saw the nutritionist 2x and the psycologist 2x. Then my surgery date was set. It took a total of 3 months from the date of the first info seminar to my surgery date. Is this your first fill? What is it like? If I am losing a pound or so each week, then i'm content with that. I wont ever get a fill if I'm losing steadily. It's good to talk with someone from dr. Yoods office. Maybe I will meet you at the support group in Nov. I will be attending that one, since I missed the first one after my surgery. Have a great day!!

I had surgery with Dr. Valin at St. Raphaels on 10/3. I missed this month's support group because well...I was still not allowed to drive, but I expect I will be joining you ladies at the 11/6 group meeting.

Hi, It's nice to meet people from St. Raphaels. I had an overall good experience at that hospital, especially since i"m used to Waterbury Hosp. (I don't care for it there)I didn't hear of your doctor. Is he with Dr. Yoods office? You lost alot of weight already and it's only been about a week since your surgery. How are you doing? nice to meet you, and maybe I will see you at the support group.

It is nice to meet people online form this area.

Sara Jane,

Great I can't wait to see you at the meeting. By any chance did you go to Maloney High in Meriden??

Patty,

This will be my second fill. My understanding is that they usually are pretty easy. To be honest though, My first one was a little rough. Don't let this make you nervous though.

Hey Heather,

I most certainly did go to MHS.

Patty,

Dr. Valin has his own practice at St. Raph's. There are two practices there, but both use the Diana/Chris combination. I only have lost about 10 lbs since surgery - the first 20 were preop. I can't imagine 30 in week...ouch!

Class of 92?

Very. I thought you looked familiar. I moved to Meriden my senior year. We were in physics together.

Sara jane, I lost 16 lbs. my first week post op! I couldn't believe that. I will admit that I cheated pre op and didn't do the diet. I fasted (only water) 2 days prior to surgery to empty my stomach. Since then, I have lost 4 more pounds in 4 weeks. I am eating approx. 1100 calories a day, still pureed or soft. I look forward to meeting you in Nov.

Hey CT Lapbanders!

Been a while since I reported in, so...

New support group started in New Haven for Lap Band patients - went to the first meeting this month and met "Patient Zero" the first lady they ever banded at Yale. She's a real veteran - lots of wisdom and helpful hints. She was able to answer a LOT of questions for me and help ease a fear or two. :eek:

There were only 3 of us there, not counting Dr. Bell, who came to the meeting as well. He was wonderful - kind, encouraging, answered lots of questions as well. :cool2:

Had my band education session - 5 others there who I think will probably be banded around the same time I will. I'm hoping for the end of this month, but it may be early November - depending on scheduling. I still have to do a one-on-one with the surgeons (Dr. Duffy, because Doc Bell's wife is expecting) and the anesthesiologist, plus some pre-surgery testing. I hope to get a date for that and my surgery this week - if I don't hear from them by Thursday (I went to the session last week Thursday) then I'll call and bug them gently. :thumbup:

I'm very fortunate - because I'm covered by the Yale Health Plan, I didn't have to do a pre-op diet or wait very much. I'm basically fast-tracked, which I love, but I wish I'd had the surgery YESTERDAY so I could really start my new life! :biggrin:

Great to see all the connections taking place on this board - and I wish nothing but the best for all my fellow CT residents. :wink2:

Hi Ebony Rose, I'm rooting for you! I'm sure you will have great success with your band when you get it. It's a wonderful tool to help you get the weight off and feel better. I am thankful for my quick recovery and that the band helps me to feel satisfied after eating such a much smaller portion of food. God bless

Hi All

My name is Chris and I have been banded since 9/19/07 and have lost 66 lbs. I work for a major construction company and looking at relocating to New Haven to build a power plant at Yale. I am looking for information on rental costs and places to stay. At this time Iam looking at a 1 bedroom place. Details are still being workout and not sure if it will happen or not. You can e-mail me at vcw61@excite.com if you have any information. Also I notice the airlines go into Hartford but I have heard they also come to New Haven. I have not been able to find out much information. If I do come I would love to get together on a monthly basis. I will be the minority of the group. How many males do we have in this group. Thanks in advance for your help.

Chris

Hi Chris my Name is Heather and I'm from Cromwell here in CT. My husband is a Steamfitter with a Local Union here in CT WELCOME. Hope you are brining your long Johns. Are you part of building or rebuilding a Power House/Power Plant. Not sure how many Men are part of this site but we can always use a few good men. I can ask a friend who isa a real estate agent on how to get you the best info.