Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Hello all you CT bandsters!

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I have hit a plateau but I am trying to push through it.. I will not weigh again until after Thanksgiving, I refuse to put myself through that. LOL..

allie~

hello all hope you all had a wonderful turkey day. i went to a info session on the 26th, with about 8 others, the doctor says he will submit to insurance the same day, insurance should recieve them on monday. we should here in two weeks weather i will be aprove or not.keeping my fingers cross.but with the holidays comming up the nurse says for some it,s january. some in dec. ebonyrose how are you doing, get well soon sil.

Hello all you CT bandsters!

I hope everyone has a blessed Thanksgiving. I have hit a plateau but I am trying to push through it.. I will not weigh again until after Thanksgiving, I refuse to put myself through that. LOL..

allie~

Allie you've done very well. I'm 8 months out and only 45 lbs down and hit a plateau...I just got another fill last week and now at 7cc in my 10 cc band and I think I'm at my perfect spot as I can't eat more than a tablespoon at a time. I too have decided not to weight myself more than once a week as I was getting obsessed with it....I only had lost 2 lbs last visit in 6 weeks...whats up with that??? He said alot depends on family history and metabolism....which mine isn't that fast I guess but I consistently lose weight so I don't care how long it takes.

sharon:):cursing:

Hi Sharona.. thanks for your kind words.. I have lost a lot and I guess just eager to lose the rest. It came off so easily in the beginning. I am getting another fill on Dec 8 so hopefully that will help. I have lost a little this month but it has been with alot of hard work. I hope everyone has a great week.. uggh back to work.

Hi eveyrone though I would check in and see how everyone is doing. I got Banded on the 18th and am working on getting back to 100%. On the mushies phase and working through all the in's and out's of having the band. Any advice for a newbie?

Hey CT Banders!

Sil - congrats on your date - you're going to do SO well!

Heather - I'm just getting to mushies...doing well so far, but it's only been two days :biggrin: I'm finding that 'more liquid' is better than 'more solid' so far. Had chicken risotto Soup yesterday and with the mushy veggies and soft Pasta, had no trouble whatsoever.

Allie and Sharona - I hope to duplicate your results! I'd love to be down 45 lbs by my birthday in February, though I'm not going to destroy myself by pushing it too hard. My current goal is to make 230 by Jan 1st.

First post-op appointment this morning, band support group tomorrow night. I'm loving my new banded life so far...making better choices with food, fighting the head hunger a bit (that's the hardest part) and people have already started to notice the weight loss! :)

Had a NSV (non-scale victory) over the weekend - bent down to tie my gymshoes before walking the DDog, and realized my tummy wasn't in the way any more! It's definately not FLAT yet, but it's going down, and I'm so excited! :)

Holy crap, Allie! 87 lbs??? Is that since the band, or did you lose some before that? You're amazing!

I met with my nutritionist for the first time last week and she had me start to think about when I'm eating, rather than what I'm eating. I'm supposed to ask myself, "Am I hungry?" Well, I tried it out yesterday and only ate when I felt physical hunger. However, I realized that many times throughout the day I felt like I should eat because of the time or because I was bored. I ended up eating a lot less. I'm going to try this for a while to see if I can break myself of the habit before I get banded.

:tongue_smilie::thumbup:hello to all ct.banded or not how was you christmas.hope to hear from you all soon.my christmas went well.i ate a small portion

greens

stuffing

roast

potato salad

apple pie

sweet potato pie.i am getting banded in january 13th.yea me can,t wait.

Hi everyone! New here. Banded on 12/23 by Dr. Benbreheim in Meriden. I read thru all the other posts and it really is Dr. B's way or no way. I wish all the upcoming bandsters the best of luck! I am in the mushies phase right now and it's hard. I just wish I could sleep on my stupid stomach but Dr B said probably another week (pain where the port is placed). I get my first fill on 1/14 so I am excited about that to finally start loosing some weight!

Hi everyone! New here. Banded on 12/23 by Dr. Benbreheim in Meriden. I read thru all the other posts and it really is Dr. B's way or no way. I wish all the upcoming bandsters the best of luck! I am in the mushies phase right now and it's hard. I just wish I could sleep on my stupid stomach but Dr B said probably another week (pain where the port is placed). I get my first fill on 1/14 so I am excited about that to finally start loosing some weight!

Hi Amber, Welcome I also am a patient of Dr.B I love him and he is very supportive. Good Luck on your first fill I had mine on the 18th of this month 4cc. So far so good not to much restriction but I'm going again in 3 weeks. I may push it up a little 3 oz isn't holding long. Good luck on your journey and any questions you have feel free to email me or private message me.:wink2:

I was banded on May 1st in New Haven by Kurt Roberts. Experience has been AWESOME!!! Weight loss has been slow, but I feel like it is gone for GOOD!!!

I have just stepped up the exercise and I KNOW that it will make a HUGE difference!!!

All the best to all of you CT bandsters!!