Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Thanks Amber & Ebony!!! I think I'm firing my personal trainer he's a meat head. I talked to one of the guys a work with who does this and he said to eat!! not worry about going negative just get my cardio in everyday to start tearing down the fat!!! I'm going to up my calories and burn what I burn and see where I am.:w00t:

I was banded at Midstate on May 22, 2008. So far, I've lost 90 pounds and I'm hoping to reach 100 pounds by my anniversary date. My weight loss has really slowed down and, even though I've joined a gym & started working out 3 times a week, I'm only losing about 1/2 pound a week. I'm afraid the last 30 pounds will not come off. My band is nearly completely filled. Any suggestions?

I was banded on 3/12 and have only lost 60 lbs...now that's slow. I haven't lost a thing in the last few months, very frustrating. Haven't been to the gym since November as I stay away from large crowd in the winter due to my ability to pick up bronchitis and respiratory infection really easy...spent time in the hospital last year wit h pneumonia and it scared me. Hoping when I start back I will be able to get this off a little quicker...but you know its been slow but steady...I'm ok with that

sharon:)

I was banded at Midstate on May 22, 2008. So far, I've lost 90 pounds and I'm hoping to reach 100 pounds by my anniversary date. My weight loss has really slowed down and, even though I've joined a gym & started working out 3 times a week, I'm only losing about 1/2 pound a week. I'm afraid the last 30 pounds will not come off. My band is nearly completely filled. Any suggestions?

Hi! You were banded on my Birthday! 90 Pounds?!!!! Great!!! 1/2 lb. a week is good. Especially since you must have been losing more than that each week in the early days post op. Be thankful for your success. You will lose that last 30, don't worry. And even if you never do,(but you will) you can still say at 90 lbs lost that it was worth it all! I was banded 9/9/08 and have only lost 47 lbs. so far.

Hi everyone hope things are going great. sorry its been a minute.during my twwo week check up i lost 19lbs. the next i gained three of those back when i went for my first fill, that was because i was eating maged potatoes.during the mushy stages then i went for my second fill i had lost the three i had gained plus one extra pound now i go for my third fill next month.so overall from april 08-march-09 the total is 58lbs.i am not going to get on the scale anymore until my doctor app. it is just to much. let me tell you about my first pb this weekend i was eating a piece of sauteed brocoli i knew it was a different feeling when it went down i was home alone the pressure was horror.it lasted about hour i never wanna experience that again first came the slime twice five minutes later came the broccoli then instant relief sorry to be so gross.glad everyone is ok.i live an hour away from the meeting maybe i will make one one night i live in waterbury i take the bus i don,t drive it will be nice to meet everyone. sil

Thanks Amber & Ebony!!! I think I'm firing my personal trainer he's a meat head. I talked to one of the guys a work with who does this and he said to eat!! not worry about going negative just get my cardio in everyday to start tearing down the fat!!! I'm going to up my calories and burn what I burn and see where I am.:tt2:

Heather, I'm so glad to hear that...how are you doing now?

Hi everyone hope things are going great. sorry its been a minute.during my twwo week check up i lost 19lbs. the next i gained three of those back when i went for my first fill, that was because i was eating maged potatoes.during the mushy stages then i went for my second fill i had lost the three i had gained plus one extra pound now i go for my third fill next month.so overall from april 08-march-09 the total is 58lbs.i am not going to get on the scale anymore until my doctor app. it is just to much. let me tell you about my first pb this weekend i was eating a piece of sauteed brocoli i knew it was a different feeling when it went down i was home alone the pressure was horror.it lasted about hour i never wanna experience that again first came the slime twice five minutes later came the broccoli then instant relief sorry to be so gross.glad everyone is ok.i live an hour away from the meeting maybe i will make one one night i live in waterbury i take the bus i don,t drive it will be nice to meet everyone. sil

Hi Sil! 58 pounds is great! I know what you mean about pb'ing...it's definately NOT fun! Take care of yourself and keep checking in to let us know of your progress.

sil, how ya doing post op? Congratulations on your band. We are neighbors. I live in Naugatuck. Good luck with your weight loss progress.

hey there.. just wanted to say Hi and see what everyone has been up to. Sounds like everyone is doing well!! Have a great weekend.

Well Spring is finally here. I hope it starts to warm up and stay that way. Hope everyone is doing well and getting ready to be outside more than in. Iam ready to go biking along the beach. One thing I have notice this year is that my skin has been a lot dryer or more itchey since I have lost the weight. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it as well. I do feel I am drinking enough fluids etc.

Chris

I,,too, have itchier skin. Don't understand why, though. Happy Spring. It's been a long, cold, freezing cold, winter here in CT, that I am sooooo looking forward to warmer weather. I have already pledged to never turn on the AC this summer, but I'm sure I will anyway when the time comes. lol

One thing I have notice this year is that my skin has been a lot dryer or more itchey since I have lost the weight. I was wondering if anyone else has noticed it as well. I do feel I am drinking enough fluids etc.

Chris

I've noticed that too, Chris...I seem to be using a LOT more lotion this year than in past years. I already had dry skin, but this is ridiculous!:mellow:

How did last month's support group meeting go in New Haven? I missed y'all, but I was down sick with a virus and didn't think y'all would want me to share...

The meetings have been going well so far. Looks like the weather wil be good for the meeting on Wed. April 1, 2009. Hope everyone is well and plans on coming to the metting. Not a lot of people at the meeting but then what is a lot? I will say that there is more new people than people who have been banded at least a year or more. I have learned somethings the past few months.

Chris

Mornin' CT Banders!

I'm planning to be at the meeting tomorrow - looking forward to seeing everyone! :P

We missed seeing you on Wednesday night Ebony Rose. Hope that everything is well. It sure was nice today in New Haven, Went bike ridding and did real well. I go for a fill in two weeks and will also ask about the skin problem and being cold this winter as well. We did talk about this some what at the meeting on Wed.

Chris

We missed seeing you on Wednesday night Ebony Rose. Hope that everything is well. It sure was nice today in New Haven, Went bike ridding and did real well. I go for a fill in two weeks and will also ask about the skin problem and being cold this winter as well. We did talk about this some what at the meeting on Wed.

Chris

Hi Chris!

What meeting did I miss? I went to the LapBand meeting in New Haven on Temple Street - is there another one?

OMG, I sure forgot that you were known as Ebnoy Rose. I guess we need to make sure that everyone remebers our nicknames instead of real names. Iam just having a midlife moment.

Chris

Edited by Chris61