Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Happy New Year to all CT Lapbanders!

Bandfan1 - I was banded by Dr. Duffy, who is a colleague of Dr. Roberts...small world! Do you attend the support group meetings in New Haven on the first Wednesday of the month? If so - hope to see you there!:wink_smile:

Not too bad over the holidays - I think I've picked up a few pounds, but a lot less than I would have without my band, "Jillian".

Lots of NSV's - smaller clothes, more stamina and strength, and even went swing dancing with my hubby on Friday and didn't huff and puff at the end of the night! We took it easy, but still - I'm thrilled with the difference the few pounds I've lost are making, and I can't wait to lose the rest.

First fill appt scheduled for tomorrow morning - will check in afterwards.:thumbup:

Hi Ebonyrose!! Yes, isn't that staff great?!! I didn't think that Dr. Duffy did any banding.

You have had awesome results since November!! Keep it up!! I have been veeerrrryyyy slow at losing, but I feel comfortable with it. I have just committed to an exercise program and I am sure that will make all the difference....

My schedule is crazy, but I should try to get to one of those meetings. When are they?

Hey everyone, Happy New year hope the holidays went well... Wow this was tuff not much restriction over the past few weeks My intake is up to 4-5 oz at a time and doesn't really hold me long. Im so scared to stretch my band!!!I moved up my fill appt to next week. I've been getting back to the gym but I have to lift weights at my job.. my gym has so many busy bodies it drives me nuts all the guys stop and watch you as you lift weights and then make comments!!! I swear if I wouldn't be charged i'd switch!!:wink_smile: Taking in all the Non scale Victories and hoping after the 2nd fill things will feel like I have some more control again. Good luck everyone looking forward to a new me this year

Hello CT Bandsters,

Well, I got my surgery on 11/24/08 and all I've lost is 14 pounds. I thought I'd lose more, but I do admit I've been cheating a bit. I don't normally eat what I'm supposed to and now my stomach can hold more food than three weeks ago. I think the bad habits started with Christmas festivities because I was able to hold down more food. There are two people at my job that have gone through the bypass surgery and they're losing weight like crazy. Not saying I should have gone with the bypass b/c I don't regret my decision in getting banded - it's just a little discouraging when you hear one say they've lost 50 pounds in a month's time (although this person is severely overweight). Then it's like they look at me and don't know what to say b/c I barely lost anything.:wink_smile:

I've never had a fill and I'm scheduled for my first one on 01/28, but I don't know if I can wait that long. The good thing is that I've been pretty good about going to the gym. But, I need to get my eating under control again. Any suggestions, advice and words of wisdom would be greatly appreciated. Thank you all in advance.

Hi Ebonyrose!! Yes, isn't that staff great?!! I didn't think that Dr. Duffy did any banding.

My schedule is crazy, but I should try to get to one of those meetings. When are they?

Bandfan1 - they are on the first Wednesday of each month, at the offices - 60 Temple Street. There's a lower level auditorium where we meet - it starts at 6 pm. The facilitator's name is Lisa Fall - she was "Patient Zero" as we have nicknamed her. She's knowledgable and a nice person - though sometimes she's a bit 'behind the times' since she was banded a while back and so much has changed since then. She's had awesome results and is in the process of planning her plastic surgery. The meetings are very participatory - not much 'lecturing' and the nutritionist and the surgeons come out to the meetings as well.

I'm looking forward to this month, and to getting my fill tomorrow morning!:wink_smile:

Ebonyrose: the weather isn't looking too good for Wednesday, but if it is ok, I'll try to make it to the meeting.......

i wouldn't worry too much about your eating right now. just make sure you are getting your Protein and keep up that gym routine... getting to the gym is going to work miracles for you..... once your fills come along you'll figure out the food.< /p>

i wouldn't worry too much about your eating right now. just make sure you are getting your Protein and keep up that gym routine... getting to the gym is going to work miracles for you..... once your fills come along you'll figure out the food.< /div>

Did the weights yesterday for about 45 minutes god it feels great to feel muscles I never had!!! Crappy weather so I will hit the gym at work today. My Monthly goal is to hit the gym to do Cardio & Weights for 6 days a week to get myself into a routine. I'm going to start a journal and logging food and exercise so I know how I'm doing.

Hey all!! I live in NY, but I work and had my surgery done in CT @ Greenwich Hospital. I had my surgery on October 23rd, 2008, one fill on Nov 20th and going for a visit today. I am down 34lbs now (although I havent weighed myself in a few days). Still trying to figure it all out.

Hoping to talk soon!! Good luck to everyone :thumbup:

Hi kidder:

I strongly suggest you see another doctor(team).

What you describe does not sound right to me.

Try Dr. Molinelli in Greenwich. They really work close to their patients. Let me know how it goes. You need the support.

Dr. Molinelli is my MD... I LOVE HIM :thumbup:

Did the weights yesterday for about 45 minutes god it feels great to feel muscles I never had!!! Crappy weather so I will hit the gym at work today. My Monthly goal is to hit the gym to do Cardio & Weights for 6 days a week to get myself into a routine. I'm going to start a journal and logging food and exercise so I know how I'm doing.

Thats great!! My energy just finally took a turn for the better. I started doing the strip tease workout and it WORKS!!! I am hurtin but feeling great about it!! I also am psyched to get my new bike outside. I am going to start running as well. My goal is to be able to do the Tunnel To Towers Run in Sept. It's a 5K. :thumbup: Gotta have goals!!!

Hi CT Banders!!

I am so happy that I found you all... I live in Hamden CT and I finally got my first consultation which is on Monday. I am excited and nervous!! I am 340lbs and I am 27 years old. I am married and just bought our first house. My primary Dr reccomended that I get this surgery before I get any older. I have a high BMI and I have no energy. I am a Chef so that makes it even harder. I want to be able to run around that kitchen like I am 27, and I want to be able to have a baby soon. My doctor doenst want me getting pregnant being this weight. We need to all stick together! The CT Banders.

Please write me back anyone from CT

Jenna~

Jenna: The doctor is giving you great advice!!

Most of all, you MUST be willing to change your old eating habits. With the band, you can still eat just about everything!! In fact, some of the bad food like chips and Cookies go down easier than some of the healthy food (like meat). You also must be willing to gradually start/increase your exercise.

When you first get banded, you will drop a LOT of weight. After that, you will need to start making the lifestyle changes that caused the problem in the first place.

Don't expect to be at your target BMI for a long time. On the flip side, you WILL get to your target BMI eventually....the rate will totally depend on you!!!

I have been a slow loser because I kept putting the exercise off. Over the last 3 weeks I started exercising 4 days per week and have lost 4lbs!!!

I love the fact that the band can help me with Portion Control and slow down my eating. That is the main purpose of it for me. It is still up to me to put the "right" foods into my mouth.

I agree that you should have the procedure done ASAP, otherwise you are looking at type 2 diabetes, joint problems, sleep apnea, heart disease, etc... If you DON'T do this now, these nasty diseases are sure to make a presence. If you think you are tired now, you will be 4 times more tired if you develop any of the above.

If you are searching for a doctor, I HIGHLY recommend Dr. Kurt Roberts (yale new-haven). Whenever you call, someone will ALWAYS answer the phone. They answered all of my questions. Dr. Roberts has an outstanding bedside manner and he will personally give you your fills. Overall my experience with them was outstanding!!!

Do this for you, your future baby, your husband and most of all, YOUR GRANDCHILDREN!!! You will now live a long life and be able to enjoy them.

Feel free to contact me privately. I live in Trumbull and would be happy to answer any questions that you have!!

All the best to you!!!!

Hi CT Banders!!

I am so happy that I found you all... I live in Hamden CT and I finally got my first consultation which is on Monday. I am excited and nervous!! I am 340lbs and I am 27 years old. I am married and just bought our first house. My primary Dr reccomended that I get this surgery before I get any older. I have a high BMI and I have no energy. I am a Chef so that makes it even harder. I want to be able to run around that kitchen like I am 27, and I want to be able to have a baby soon. My doctor doenst want me getting pregnant being this weight. We need to all stick together! The CT Banders.

Please write me back anyone from CT

Jenna~

PRBlazin, Welcome good for you on making your first step towards your new life.