Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Where is all the CT Lapbanders??

Hello ! I am from the New Haven area. I was banded on Oct. 21 by Dr Valin also. My first followup is 11/5 with Debby. I will be at the 11/6 meeting. I am looking forward to being in a room with a people who are just like me. Facing the challenges ahead.

:w00t:

Hi Chris,

Welcome to the board and the New Haven area! I work at Yale, though I don't live in New Haven, and there are tons of resources around the campus for real estate and finding housing. I've got the name of a great real estate agent who works with the medical residents here at Yale - I'll email you seperately on that.

There is a lapband support group that meets in New Haven - the surgeon's offices are at 60 Temple Street in New Haven - and the meetings are in the Fusco Auditorium on the lower level. Next dates are Wednesday, Nov 5th and Wednesday, Dec 3rd, and they start at 6 pm.

I believe the airlines DO fly into New Haven - the airport is Tweed New Haven...I don't know if it's a major hub, but it is a good sized airport. My hubby is a private pilot and it's one of the areas he flies around when he's flying his small plane because of the traffic.

Congrats on your loss and welcome to the Yale community!:)

Hi Chris, 66 lbs. in one year. That is great! (avg. 1 lb./wk.) Have you had many fills your 1st year? Any problems? How much can you eat now calorie wise?

I wanted to tell you that I live in Naugatuck,

1/2 hour from Yale, and a 1 bedroom apt. here goes from $650 to $750 a month.

Welcome ! Where are you relocating from?

I am still working on details inregards to my role. I do know that this is a dual combustion power plant. This unit will run on natural gas and another type of fuel. I understand that construction has allready started.

I live in St. Louis and travel in my line of work. I have been in Indy the last two years and we are about 2 weeks away from opening up a new airport in Indy, In. So I will be traveling back and forth about 2 times a month.

I have had four fills. I do not do a real good job of keeping track of what I eat. They do say that guys loose faster than the gals. I go back in a couple of weeks and hope to get another fill as I can tell I can eat more but will see what the doctor thinks. The biggest problem I have had is making sure to not eat fast, make sure that I drink a lot of fluids and to becarefull not drink while eating.

I want to thankyou all for your help and you can e-mail me here or at vcw61@excite.com with additional information.

Chris

hello everyone,i'm from windsor and was banded on 3/12 by dr rishler in hartford....its been a bumpy road but feel like ive done well

i have a 10 cc band and have 6.5 cc in my band. my next vist is in december and don't know if i'll get a fill or not....

welcome to all of you!!! this blog has changed a lot in the last 6 months

sharon;)

hi ebonyrose i am still waiting on my date. just call the doctors office yesterday to ask about my pulmonary clearance she said did i do it. i took the yest on oct,. the lady said it takes a week for the results, so last friday i decide to call pulmonary an told them where to fax it.so yesterday she said it will go into review, i started the process in april,hopefully i will get a date soon.my surgery will be done at yale newhaven by dr bell also. good luck on your new life journey,sil

Yay Sil!:)

Follow up is definately key - being proactive without being a pest (a very fine line!). I have found that attitude is big - if you are letting them know that you're excited about the surgery and that's why you keep calling, they will understand.

Review for me took about a week and a half to two weeks, and then I was scheduled for a second, more intensive info session with Dr. Bell and the staff. After that, it was about another 10 days until I got my surgery date. Hang in there, it will be here before you know it!:wink2:

Are you coming to the Lap Band support group meetings? We just had one last night - great fun! 3 newbies like myself and three veteran banders, including the lady who was "Patient Zero" the first woman they banded at Yale.

The next meeting is on Wednesday, December 3rd at which time I hope to report that I'm banded!:)

Hi everyone, Good For you Ebony I'm scheduled for Surgery the 18th but i'm waiting for my Insurance company to give the big thumbs up:thumbup:. The Dr's office said it takes about a week to get the apporval but I contacted my Insurance Company to follow up and they said they have 30 days:cursing:. Sooooo I guess it could be December before I get banded.

Hey all...its a gray nasty day out there, but Im still hoping to get up the enthusiasm to meet up with a bunch of you at 6 tonight at St. Raphs. Gosh would I love to bring a big ole coffee with me, but I guess my water bottle is a slightly better (if less comforting) choice!

Hi kidder:

I strongly suggest you see another doctor(team).

What you describe does not sound right to me.

Try Dr. Molinelli in Greenwich. They really work close to their patients. Let me know how it goes. You need the support.

I bop in and out just lurking. No I haven't been to get a fill. I know with the way the doc was when I was there back in June with a 3# gain, he definitely would say something about what I weigh now. I had a miscarriage in October and my mom passed away 6 days later. I am losing again, managed to lose 11# since then but its been tough. I have no restriction at all. I honestly think what he put in back in may has evaporated if that is at all possible. I am planning to lose a bit more and then call for a fill. I do have the name of another surgeon if need be. I just don't think I could take it if the doc got short or sassy with me right now. I would probably wind up telling him off and getting thrown out of his office. Hope everyone has a great Thanksgiving.

Gail

Thanks for the update Gail!! I hope things get better for you and you can get another fill and get back on track.:laugh: We have the same dr. and i'm petrafied of weight gain. I have a pre op appt on Monday and I'm sure he will give me the rules & regs on being in this program. Best of luck & keep checking in!!

Sounds like everyone is doing well and getting ready for Thanksgiving. Eboney Rose hope that you are on the mind and doing well. I am still working out details for coming to New Haven, I hope to have that part done this week at work. Just so many details and having to make sure it is all right. Just like getting the band. I should be up in the area the first week of Dec. and will be looking for a place. Thanks to everyone that has given me information on who to call etc. Hope we can all meet up at sometime in the near future. Thanks again for all the help.

Chris