Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Let's Get This Party Started!

im home from surgery and my back pain and shoulder pain are killing me. I have to walk around to ease it i think.

Fee I'm glad your home safe on sound! I'm sorry about the back and shoulder pain, I guess that's pretty common I hope it doesn't last very long. Keep us posted on how your doing!:)

Fee...glad to see you again! I hope that the walking about helps get that gas moving in the right direction for you soon :)

thanks for the kind replies....i just went to the chemist and i am on some heavy pain killers. The pharmacist said to me to be prepared to sleep all day.

Hope everyone else is doing fine. Will post again soon to let you know how im going.....thanks

Glad to hear you are ok Fee except of course for the pain. sleeping all day :teeth_smile: That is the best thing when you are in pain is to sleep it away but I hear walking does help ease the pain too :rolleyes:

I'm back from vacation and I've been gone a whole week (7days:shades_smile:)

Hope you had a nice break Cutie!!

I've been busy busy busy this weekend. I'm trying to get things done before surgery because I won't be able to do much for a while after.

Dad and I made a fence (concreted in the posts then put horizontal deck boards across to make the fence) it isn't too long (2.4M but it was fiddly)

Then today we dug out a heap of soil and put in the roadbase ready for the concrete!

That will be next weekend I think. Then I want to put the Water tank in with enough time to hopefully catch some rain before summer! (Melbourne is on permanent Water restrictions due to our drought.)

So I am now sitting on the couch achy but pleased at the productive weekend I had.

My surgery date is getting close. Starting to get nervous about the pain afterwards. I am just keeping my fingers cross that it is not to bad, since will only have someone staying with me the first night, then folks just checking in on me.

cutiew- how are you holding up? just a couple days for us

WOW, there are a lot of August All Stars. I am 49 hours post-op and feeling great. I won't lie I'm still taking the loritab (liquid valium) every 8 hours, because I feel like an NFL linebackers nailed me hard in the stomach, but overall I feel great. I get up and walk. I'm "eating" what I'm supposed to, but I have learned that in the mornings drinking something hot/warm first really eases things.

Edited by lsullivan68

i am getting more nervouse as the day gets closer. My mother was susposed to come stay with me for a week, but my father has gotten really sick so she cant. One of my neighbors is staying with me the night of surgery, but after that will be here alone with neighbor just checking in, so am worried some about how dependent on someone i will be.

fleminld,

you should be okay, hun. My DH is caring for my 2yo and 14yo sons, cooking and cleaning up after them but I'm preparing my own liquids and just staying in bed a lot. If the gas gets too much I go for a walk around the garden, but I reckon I could easily look after myself without anyone else at home.

Just keep checking in with us, matey, so we know you're doing okay.

Hey all - I am Deb mom of 2 toddler daughters and hairstylist extroidinaire. I am getting banded august 12. Started liquid diet 10 days preop has sucked just so happened i had 2 big luncheons this week that i had to attend yet needed to only drink Water. :smile: I think so far i am doing ok - i am surprised to hear that some of you only have a day or 2 as preop - trying to get creative. Does cottage cheese cook ? IDK bt i might try anyways nice to chat with you all best of luck my jorney is about 120 lbs i have lost about 5 already on the liquids. :biggrin:

Flemind I'm sorry about your Dad I hope he gets better soon. Keep your head you'll be ok...I'm glad you have such a good neighbor who's able to be there for you! Be sure to keep us posted!

Edited by cutiew/booty

Not long for you cutie! Woot!