Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Tina, I am so sorry your family did not respect your request. My dad tells everyone, but I was telling everyone anyway. Well, at least everyone that I thought should know. He, on the other hand, isn't as discriminating. I decided not to let it bother me. If anyone asked I would have told them anyway. Being banded doesn't embarrass me, and Lord help the person who tries to claim I took the "easy way out". This is still work, and believe me, I will tell anyone and everyone that it IS WORK.

Please don't let it bother you. Stick up for yourself if confronted. Try to anticipate what others might say to criticize and come up with your response. Please don't skip Thanksgiving unless you really feel you won't enjoy yourself at all. You shouldn't allow others to make you feel uncomfortable. You deserve better than that.

Your weight loss so far is a great accomplishment. Really, that can speak volumes.

My husband told his mom without asking me first. I was sitting right there and coudn't believe my ears! When he hung up I asked him if gave any thought to asking my permission first. He said he had a little hesitation, right before he told her. Duh. I told him with great restraint that I would like to be asked first. I thought he understood. The a month or two later, he tells someone we know at the blood donor center where we have donated platelets for years. I don't get it. Is he really this stupid? Does he not understand that medical things are private? Maybe I should have made my point with a 2 x 4 in the first place.

Hopped on the scale this morning for my weekly weigh-in...1 pound down. Blah, so much for adding exercise back in...LOL! I guess I should be glad it's not a gain:sneaky:.

Went to what was supposed to be my fill appt today and came out without one. Turns out, I had a 2cc fill during surgery and I am way ahead of the weight loss curve my doc expects so, I go back again in 2 months. I was a little bummed, but I trust my doc and I'm not all that hungry so I guess it's working...LOL!

My doc did ask about my Protein intake and told me to cut back a bit (he thinks 45-50g is enough). He said that while protein can help weight loss, healing, etc, it can also hinder weight loss because if you have an abundance of protein, your body won't burn the fat until it gets through the protein. Makes sense really.

Also, I made an exercise thread if anyone is interested..I need all the support and accountability I can get!

http://www.lapbandtalk.com/f182/july-butterflies-exercise-thread-75123/

To all who replyed to my "family issues" Thank you. I know I should just get a back bone and stick up for my self and I guess I'm just gonna have to confront my aunt. Maybe I should do it before she corners me! clear the air in one big swoop!

thanks again for all the encourgement!

Tina

Went to what was supposed to be my fill appt today and came out without one. Turns out, I had a 2cc fill during surgery and I am way ahead of the weight loss curve my doc expects so, I go back again in 2 months. I was a little bummed, but I trust my doc and I'm not all that hungry so I guess it's working...LOL!

thatDEgirl,

I go next week for my first fill and I have a feeling that is gonna happen to me. I'm also not hungery. I eat my three meals a day and a small snack, get my Water in, and quite frankly dont know how I'm suppose to eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I average about 850 right now and thats pushing it. Technically I could eat just breakfeast and be fine until 4:00.

your doing great, keep up the good work.

tina

Wow -

We are all so different (and so are the docs)! I had my first fill yesterday. Before the fill I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted. I am loosing very slowly because of this and my lack of will power.

Anyway, I know have 3cc's in and my doc said that should be enough for now. How does he know??? I see him next week for a follow-up.

He says 1 - 2 lbs a week is preferred, but when I see how much some of you are loosing I get disappointed.

I am so excited... I haven't had a fill yet but I measured and weighed here are the results... Post yours too!

Old and New

Bust 49" 47.5" - 1.5"

Chest 44.5" 41.5" - 3.0"

Waist 44" 42.75" - 1.5"

Hips 51" 48.0" - 3.0

Thighs R24.5/L25" R24.25/R24.5 -.25 -.5

Calves R18.5/L18.25 R17.75/18.25 -.75

Upper Arms L14.5/R14.25 L14.5/R 13.5 - .75

Forearms L12/R12 L11.75/R11.75 -.25

total loss of inches as of 09/09/08 11.75"

Pounds 22.50lbs

BMI From 39 to 37:thumbup:

thatDEgirl,

I go next week for my first fill and I have a feeling that is gonna happen to me. I'm also not hungery. I eat my three meals a day and a small snack, get my Water in, and quite frankly dont know how I'm suppose to eat 1000 to 1200 calories a day. I average about 850 right now and thats pushing it. Technically I could eat just breakfeast and be fine until 4:00.

your doing great, keep up the good work.

tina

Thanks! I think we are all doing fabulously!

I am so excited... I haven't had a fill yet but I measured and weighed here are the results... Post yours too!

Old and New

Bust 49" 47.5" - 1.5"

Chest 44.5" 41.5" - 3.0"

Waist 44" 42.75" - 1.5"

Hips 51" 48.0" - 3.0

Thighs R24.5/L25" R24.25/R24.5 -.25 -.5

Calves R18.5/L18.25 R17.75/18.25 -.75

Upper Arms L14.5/R14.25 L14.5/R 13.5 - .75

Forearms L12/R12 L11.75/R11.75 -.25

total loss of inches as of 09/09/08 11.75"

Pounds 22.50lbs

BMI From 39 to 37:thumbup:

WTG! My stats are here

Life With A Lap Band | this life of mine

Wow -

We are all so different (and so are the docs)! I had my first fill yesterday. Before the fill I could eat anything I wanted and as much as I wanted. I am loosing very slowly because of this and my lack of will power.

Anyway, I know have 3cc's in and my doc said that should be enough for now. How does he know??? I see him next week for a follow-up.

He says 1 - 2 lbs a week is preferred, but when I see how much some of you are loosing I get disappointed.

Dont be disappointed. 33 pounds is a great accomplishment!

Hi all,

I went for my first fill yesterday. I was so nervous, but it was truly amazing and I was fascinated. The room was redecorated and had brand new equipment. They do all their fills under fluroscopy so I was told to hop on the table that looked like one they would use in radiology, hard, sterile, with only a pillow. She explained I had the standard band and she would put in 3cc in my 10cc band. She said the average was around 4 fills before hitting the sweet spot, but that everyone was different. She said for me to make an appt. for two weeks out to get my second one. Then she numbed the site, put in the needle, and the table starting moving until I was in a standing position. It was a very weird sensation, but absolutely no pain. After inserting the Fluid, I had to drink some vile liquid to make sure all was flowing as it should. They then told me to step forward off the table, put on a bandaid, and showed me a picture of my pouch, stomach, and lap band. All was fine and as it should be. The only thing I'll ask for next time is more than a bandaid as I bleed a little more than normal and it leaked onto my top. I am so glad I got this lap band, it has saved my life. Best wishes to all.

PS When they say to stick to liquids after the fill I would advise paying heed. I had not eaten that morning before the fill and had to stay in the city for a dental appt., so by the evening I was starving as I was never in the right vicinity to get me a smoothie w/o milk. After I arrived home, I grabbed something from the fridge that I had leftover forgetting about my recent fill. I slimed big time before it came up. Yuck!

Got back from vacation this morning and thought i would have gained weight because i had my first fill 3 days before we left and was just comming off 2 days liquids i had to stray a little because we ate out the whole time and alot of the places we went just didn't have the things i should be eating but i did the best i could with what they had and to my surprize when i got on the scale today i was 3 lbs down. I feel really good about it(YEA ME) oh and I also found out what it's like to get something stuck and can't forget about the PB, but it's ok, I also learned to slow down, chew,chew,chew and not to eat food that's to dry. So everythings great now, I'm a happy camper!

Beverly, congrats on the fill and i'm really glad it went good

:thumbup:Big Big smile on my face today. Got my first fill.. surgery July 16... and he gae me 4 cc in a 7 cc band.... Canadian dr... thought he would be "conservative...." I am so happy I think the Placebo effect would even work now.... was pretty hungry last few days... and now felt full just coming from Dr.'s office..... He does not have any high tec stuff... just put the needle in and filled...... but it was fine with no numbing or anything because it is not like a shot.. just a pin prick and the Fluid goes into the reservoir.... not like they are pushing in an injection.... so on fluids but ate 1/4 egg sandwich for supper cause I was at a meeting and I am pleasantly burping still... - Again thank you to all for posting... it is so great to read about everyone's successes and... whatevers... have lost 15 lbs. since surgery but I am ok with that... just waiting for it all to happen.... one day at a time...

Kathy