Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Hi Butterflies,

I have heard from Orea and she is doing fine. She said she was very tired and will be resting for a while. She will post about her surgery as soon as she has recovered a bit, but she said it went well.:cursing:

I'm so glad she's doing fine. I started getting all kinds of panicky thoughts about her. Please let her know we're all anxiously awaiting her return to the forum.

Hi! My name is Jackie and I am from Houston, TX. I currently have one daughter but I am hoping to loose my weight and have 1 or 2 more! I have been overweight since high school and lost alot of it in college. My roommate & I encouraged each other & worked out daily. Then I graduated, got an office job, and blew up like a balloon again! I know there is a thinner, healthier me inside, I just need to find her!:angry:

I was banded on July 10th but I have just been looking around and reading posts for a while. It is so wonderful to know that people are going through the same things as me. Although my husband is supportive, (for the most part) he has no idea how hard it is to be overweight. He is 6'2" and about 150 lbs.:scared2:

But the good news is I had my first fill yesterday! I started on mushies about a week after surgery because I was getting hungry on liquids. I lost 9 lbs that first week but when I started eating mushies and then other foods like chicken & soft veggies. I only lost 4 lbs in those weeks, which was good but discouraging. In the last two days, I have lost another 3 lbs and I am excited again!

Hopefully I will be back on food by the end of next week and starting the real journey!

Thanks for listening and for all of your advice and support!:cursing:

Welcome NewMama29,

We are happy to have you on this thread. Children are such a gift from God. I know my grandchildren light up my world. My husband also is 6'2" with no weight issues, but he weighs in at about 215 lbs., which is still less than me. Grrrrrrr! I think it is really hard for someone without weight issues to understand what we feel and go through daily. My DH is very supportive and I love him dearly, but it is still hard. Congratulations on your weight loss, you are doing well.

Hi Everyone! I am new to this...I was just banded on Wednesday. I feel ok, it basically feels like I did 1000 sit-ups :wink2: I look forward to following everyone's success stories!

Welcome newmama29 and foxymama.....congrats on a successful surgery and weight loss. We all have started this new journey together. I wish the band had been available when I was your age. Of course there was another type of band , but it was not adjustable so when people lost their weight, they got hungry and put it back on. Anyway, your never to old or too young to change your eating habits. I am determined to be successful .

My husband made navy Beans today. He cooked them a long time to where they were like a Soup. It was very filling. I have also found that eggbeaters with a teaspoon of light mayo pureed in a majic bullet is very filling. Those are two foods that fill me up. What fills you?...share....I need new ideas for Protein.< /p>

Welcome NewMama and Foxxymama. NewMama who was your doctor? I was banded on the 16th by Dr. Spivak at True Results.

Well everyone I was banded on Thursdsay and I'm home and being cared for by my family. It hurt afterwards and still hurts a bit but it's all bearable. I'm glad I'm on this next post-band bit of the journey. Thanks everyone for sharing their stories - it helps so much. Melanie:thumbup:

I'm sorry to hear your husband flaked out on you. So glad to hear your doctor was kind and understanding, so many are simply insensitive. We're here for you, so lean on us as much as you need.

Thank you. I will take all of the extra support I can get right now. My husband has had more "conversation" than he wants the last couple of days. :wink2:

I was banded on 7/7 and had my first band on 7/31. My fill was a good experience and 1 1/2 dayed stayed on liquids.

I had a really stressful day all day yeaterday dealing with old family issues and when I when everyone finally left, I had that tremendous urge to get rid of all those feelings by stuffing myself. I had not eaten all day because I knew I was being 'watched' only one Protein Shake in the morning, so off I went and thing is I stayed with mushies and was able to keep it in. I mean it was a famililiar feeling that I am so working on getting rid of. At the time, it did make me feel so much better. I feel miserable and full this morning. New day, onward, just wondering how you guys deal with this and if you have experiences like this.

It is funny you asked if I have lost any weight. I have not in the last 2 weeks. So I have lost 14lbs. and it has stopped even though I have not eaten cake, ice cream, Cookies, candy bars nothing that would trigger being out of control. I am so depressed and it is my son's 13 B-day today. All I can think of is this stupid f'in weight. Feel like why did I do this if the weight is not coming off! Seeing some people tonight who I really don't want to see because of my weight and we are going out to eat. So I know my Mom will be watching every mouthful. Wish it was just with my husband and son. I have a sedentary job but I am still taking naps and feel tired when I get home. So excersising would make it worse-being tired. I am consuming less than I was in calories around 2,000 less cause of not eating any sweets so why am I not loosing? So bummed feel like crying!

Edited by joiful

Welcome NewMama and Foxxymama. NewMama who was your doctor? I was banded on the 16th by Dr. Spivak at True Results.

I was banded by Dr. Spiegel. I fought with my insurance company and my work for two years. After several appeals it looked like there was no way I could get covered so I started saving every penny I could. When I finally saved up what I thought would be enough, I checked both Dr. Spivak & Dr. Spiegel. I had heard good things about them both and my biggest concern was the safety of the surgery. I wanted someone who was experienced! Which is why I only looked at these two Doctors.

Anyway, being a cash patient, I was also looking at price. Dr. Spivak was $1,000 more but he included 3 fills. Dr. Spiegel only charges $150 a fill so even with 3 fills, he was still cheaper.

I am also looking for some advise on how/or if to tell my parents. I come from a family who are very overweight on both sides. Aunts, uncles, grandparents etc. I don't think we have anyone under 200 lbs. Anyway, I tried talking to my mom about 6 months ago when I decided I was doing this (I just needed the $) The only thing she would say is surgeries are not the answer, and I needed to just be more strict with my diet and work out more. My dad was diagnosed with Diabetes about 2 years ago and he went on a diet and list like 160 lbs by just eating better. But he is still about 300 lbs. Well, I was afraid she would talk me out of it so I quit talking to her. I have not even seen her since my surgery and she only lives about 10 miles away. I have two ladies I work with that are my parents age. I have been talking with them for months, told them about the surgery and they have been wonderfully supportive!

So my question is should I just not tell my parents? I feel guilty hiding such a change from them but on the other hand, I don't want anyone making me feel bad about this!

I finally told me sister that I was banded. Regret it, wished I hadn't. I have the biggest mouth of any one I have just about none and I didn't want to tell my family and still don't. I told my mom that I was having it done and she said "I should tape my mouth shut". So then I didn't get it done then and 2 months later I did with out telling. Keep it private and don't let the guilt bother you, you did this for yourself. No one needs to know.

I own a teeth whitening business and some times I tell my clients when we are having conversations about plastic surgery. I have told 4 so far and now maybe I shouldn't tell. I think though if I can help some one why not let them know first hand.