Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

WOO HOO! Charlene, I know your glad to have some real food. Your better then me, I tried the shake & Jello thing last week and I didn't make it 2 days before I gave in. Made me wonder how I did it the first 6 weeks. I guess it was the fear of messing up my band because I sure didn't make it this time. Anyway I'm really happy for you.

Thanks! Guess what I had for supper? A pita pocket, leafy green lettuce, sunflower seeds (just a few), dried cranberries, and 2oz of shredded beef ( beef is a no-no, but hey, got to get rid of it). I thought I had died and gone to heaven......YUM!

WOO HOO! Charlene, I know your glad to have some real food. Your better then me, I tried the shake & Jello thing last week and I didn't make it 2 days before I gave in. Made me wonder how I did it the first 6 weeks. I guess it was the fear of messing up my band because I sure didn't make it this time. Anyway I'm really happy for you.

I wondered that too. We did it no problem the first time.

Thanks! Guess what I had for supper? A pita pocket, leafy green lettuce, sunflower seeds (just a few), dried cranberries, and 2oz of shredded beef ( beef is a no-no, but hey, got to get rid of it). I thought I had died and gone to heaven......YUM!
LOL, I would love a pita but my band HATES any type of bread. Once in awhile a manage a half a wrap but it's a guessing game as too when my band will except it. But WOW that sounded great. I eat so much fish these days I wouldn't be surprised if I woke up one morning and sprouted fins. Pretty much gave up the chicken since you told me about the hormones, It just doesn't appeal to me.

Edited by kimaly

Hi everyone, my name is Becca. I was banded July 28th, 2008. So far I have lost 99lbs, was 115 (oops). So I am new to this whole thread thing. I am 37 years old and live in Tempe, AZ. This band thing has been a doubled-edged sword! It's been a vary hard road (alot of throwing up), but thanks to the band, I feel "normal" again and would do it over in a heart beat!!:smile2:

My Tuesday weigh in and no change to report. Becca, I'm really glad you found the thread. Like I told you on the other one these are a great bunch of girls and will push you when you need it or hold your cyber hand if that's all you need. GREAT having ya!!!!:smile2:

Hi everyone, my name is Becca. I was banded July 28th, 2008. So far I have lost 99lbs, was 115 (oops). So I am new to this whole thread thing. I am 37 years old and live in Tempe, AZ. This band thing has been a doubled-edged sword! It's been a vary hard road (alot of throwing up), but thanks to the band, I feel "normal" again and would do it over in a heart beat!!:smile2:

Hi Becca! Yeah, I get the double edged sword thing! But it really is worth it! Welcome t our thread. I just rejoined about a month ago. These guys are wonderful, and very supportive!

A note on me this week. Still sore, and limited to what I can do. For some reason I thought I would be back to my exercising already. Then I thought. "It hasn't even been a week!" I just need to calm down a little. I am excited to lose again, but I have to wait for my body to heal.

A note on me this week. Still sore, and limited to what I can do. For some reason I thought I would be back to my exercising already. Then I thought. "It hasn't even been a week!" I just need to calm down a little. I am excited to lose again, but I have to wait for my body to heal.

The fact that you can't wait to get back to your exercise is impressive enough for me. I still can't get into it. Thank Heavens it's summer because I swim a lot. Other then that i'm terrible at it.

Well on my end of things I found a way to do the shake thing: I had a tooth pulled yesterday and it hurts like h*ll but on the bright side I have NO desire for food LOL I"ve had teeth pulled in the past but they always gave me something for pain, other then numbing it when she pulled it Nada, nothing:ohmy: and it is killing me. I called her this morning and she told me to take a coated aspirin:cursing: and I'd be ok in a couple of days. Are you kidding me? it was a top wisdom tooth and seemed to be in there pretty good by the way she had to work to get it out. Maybe i'm just being a big baby but it's hard to work when you hurt this much and I'm trying to cut everyones paycheck Ummm, Not a good thing.

The fact that you can't wait to get back to your exercise is impressive enough for me. I still can't get into it. Thank Heavens it's summer because I swim a lot. Other then that i'm terrible at it.

Well on my end of things I found a way to do the shake thing: I had a tooth pulled yesterday and it hurts like h*ll but on the bright side I have NO desire for food LOL I"ve had teeth pulled in the past but they always gave me something for pain, other then numbing it when she pulled it Nada, nothing:ohmy: and it is killing me. I called her this morning and she told me to take a coated aspirin:cursing: and I'd be ok in a couple of days. Are you kidding me? it was a top wisdom tooth and seemed to be in there pretty good by the way she had to work to get it out. Maybe i'm just being a big baby but it's hard to work when you hurt this much and I'm trying to cut everyones paycheck Ummm, Not a good thing.

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! Not no, but hell no. She should have given you something for pain. You don't need a week's worth of pills, but dangit enough for two days should be standard. They can write a script for 10 pills or less if they want. If you continue to hurt tomorrow, call and bug her, dangit. You should not have to hurt like that. I am sorry you are in pain, and I hope your doc stops being a horse's a$$.:biggrin:

Are you freaking kidding me?!?!?! Not no, but hell no. She should have given you something for pain. You don't need a week's worth of pills, but dangit enough for two days should be standard. They can write a script for 10 pills or less if they want. If you continue to hurt tomorrow, call and bug her, dangit. You should not have to hurt like that. I am sorry you are in pain, and I hope your doc stops being a horse's a$$.:thumbup:

AMEN!!!!! I NEVER!!!!! I swear, some of these docs think every one is gonna get hooked on one pain pill.

Kimaly, I hope you get to feeling better real soon. HUGS!

Thx girls, Not to be to gross but I pushed on the roof of my mounth last night(because it hurt to much to sleep) and a pea size ball (weird) came out and it has been draining since, I don't care what that Doctor said I know it was infected, it taste terrible but feels so so much better. Now it feels like a tooth that was pulled instead of feeling like my face is going to explode, just normal understandable pain now. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday it helped to get it out, if I didn't I think I would have gone insane. Did pretty good on the payroll considering. But payed one poor guy for 3 1/2 hours instead of 33 1/2 hours. Caught it this morning and have to cut a seperate check for what we still owe him. LOL

Thx girls, Not to be to gross but I pushed on the roof of my mounth last night(because it hurt to much to sleep) and a pea size ball (weird) came out and it has been draining since, I don't care what that Doctor said I know it was infected, it taste terrible but feels so so much better. Now it feels like a tooth that was pulled instead of feeling like my face is going to explode, just normal understandable pain now. Thanks for letting me vent yesterday it helped to get it out, if I didn't I think I would have gone insane. Did pretty good on the payroll considering. But payed one poor guy for 3 1/2 hours instead of 33 1/2 hours. Caught it this morning and have to cut a seperate check for what we still owe him. LOL

Sorry you are still hurting! But glad it's less than before!

Feeling a whole lot better now thanks everyone!!!!

Tuesday weigh in and no change. Guess I figured that, it was a fustrating week and the box of junior mints I ate at Toy story 3 didn't help. Oh well, better luck next week. Howa bout you ladies?

I here ya! I ate fried shrimp and catfish yesterday.....not good, but I walked 45 minutes this morning. I hope it paid off for the weigh in tomorrow. I will check in tomorrow.

HUGS!

Checking in..

I had a 1 cc unfill a couple of weeks ago because I couldn't take it anymore. I was dying to have a turkey sandwich. I've gone almost two years without one. Anyway, I had 1/2 cc put back in today and will go for another 1/4 cc in two weeks. I started working out consistently these last couple of weeks. I bought a boxing set and Bob Harper's new workout dvds. The dvds are pretty cool. I'm looking forward to reaching goal by the end of the year.