Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

I have decided I can't do the shake thing I can do a shake in the morning but by lunch It does not help then I feel like I can't eat fast enough. Okay everyone give me your snack Ideas again please I am going to try to use my band properly with pure Protein like my dr said. I called them today and I can do the shake for Breakfast then each a senseable lunch and dinner and a couple of Snacks and stick to the 800-1000 calories and walk walk walk.

I llke the terriaki tender steaks, Beef Jerky is to chewy but the tender chunks break down good and have 70 calories per serving and 10 grams of Protein. I also roll up lean lunch meat and snack on that. pure Protein Bars for a meal sub is good also.

Hey all.. sorry Ive been MIA.. just truckin along.. been keeping up with some of your posts.

I have been so busy with my 2 kids, my husband finishing up PA school and we are moving immediately after so its left me with all the moving preparations as well as looking for a job for my hubby and rentals to live in online! its nuts!

anyhow..

1day.. I watch biggest loser sometimes and one of the high Protein Snacks they recommended was greek yogurt.. I guess it has 2x the protein of regular yogurt. Ive never tried it as I have a milk allergy but some of my friends have..

I also eat these nut bars from nature valley. they are like peanuts and almonds and sunflower seeds and its kinda made like a brittle.. I however wouldnt recommend these if you have a desk job as they are GOOD and you could eat more than one if your just sitting around.. and I think they are like 190 cals.. but they work perfect for me because I am always running around on the go taking care of everyone else besides myself.. so its something quick I can grab thats high protein and gives me some energy if I have to skip a meal.. or am somewhere where there are no band friendly or milk free food choices for me.

Lately I have been running crazy or cant find something that I can eat and so skipping meals and then I sit down to finally eat and I am so starving that I get stuck on the first bite!! because I am a moron and dont chew it slowly.. so frusterating to be sooo hungry and have something wedged just above your band! so I am definately needing to keep some good food choices around me.

oh ya Charlene.. I do the lunch meat too! especially the turkey.. you can eat quite a bit for such a small amount of calories! :rolleyes:

I think half this battle is having good things on hand..

and 1 day.. its good that your not doing only shakes anymore.. I am never a fan of anything you cant maintain long term.. its better to learn to eat correctly for the rest of your life.. than do something to lose weight that you cant maintain and then gain it all back when you have to eat normal!

my mom lost 120 lbs doing liquids and gained it all back.. she then had the gastric bypass.

Yeah, this shake diet is tough at times. I don't know how much I have to lose before I go on food. I think I would have given up by now if I didn't have the support here and on LBT. Y'all keep me going!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

Shrink......I hope your DH lands a his dream job!

I am trying to be better about getting on our home thread.

I found out at my fill on Thursday that I have a leak. So now I am looking at getting a port revision. Hopefully he can put in a fill during surgery and then I won't be totally on my own. At least I don't have to do the whole diet, and stages ofter. He says that this surgery is far less time, recovery, pain, etc. I am glad that I know what the problem is. I have gained 20 lbs, and was feeling like a complete failure.

Good news though. Back story first - My DH was laid off last July and has not been able to find anything else, so we have been living off his unemployment, and my part time paycheck. We have a free place to live so rent isn't a worry. In January we found out that his benefits got extended, so we had money coming in until the end of May. We have been doing a lot of scrimping and saving to prepare for the summer when my job ends. Just found out yesterday that his benefits have been extended yet again, and we will have the money we need in the summer! Such a blessing! We are so relieved and grateful! Anyway, this is my life in a nutshell right now. Hope I haven't bored anyone with my looooooong post :cursing:

1day.. I watch biggest loser sometimes and one of the high Protein Snacks they recommended was greek yogurt.. I guess it has 2x the protein of regular yogurt. Ive never tried it as I have a milk allergy but some of my friends have..

I also eat these nut bars from nature valley. they are like peanuts and almonds and sunflower seeds and its kinda made like a brittle.. I however wouldnt recommend these if you have a desk job as they are GOOD and you could eat more than one if your just sitting around.. and I think they are like 190 cals.. but they work perfect for me because I am always running around on the go taking care of everyone else besides myself.. so its something quick I can grab thats high protein and gives me some energy if I have to skip a meal.. or am somewhere where there are no band friendly or milk free food choices for me.

Lately I have been running crazy or cant find something that I can eat and so skipping meals and then I sit down to finally eat and I am so starving that I get stuck on the first bite!! because I am a moron and dont chew it slowly.. so frusterating to be sooo hungry and have something wedged just above your band! so I am definately needing to keep some good food choices around me.

I have tried the yogurt besides the protein it is real think so it helps stay longer. And you are not alone with the first bite that happens to me to when I am starving before I finally eat.

oh ya Charlene.. I do the lunch meat too! especially the turkey.. you can eat quite a bit for such a small amount of calories! :cool:

I think half this battle is having good things on hand..

and 1 day.. its good that your not doing only shakes anymore.. I am never a fan of anything you cant maintain long term.. its better to learn to eat correctly for the rest of your life.. than do something to lose weight that you cant maintain and then gain it all back when you have to eat normal!

my mom lost 120 lbs doing liquids and gained it all back.. she then had the gastric bypass.

Actually I feel better and not depressed now that i am not doing shakes all day. I still have a shake at least once a day usually in the morning since I am so tight and I ususally can't really eat till lunch anyways

Yeah, this shake diet is tough at times. I don't know how much I have to lose before I go on food. I think I would have given up by now if I didn't have the support here and on LBT. Y'all keep me going!

I hope everyone has a great weekend!

You are doing such a great job. Keep it up and know we are all her to get support and give support.

I am trying to be better about getting on our home thread.

I found out at my fill on Thursday that I have a leak. So now I am looking at getting a port revision. Hopefully he can put in a fill during surgery and then I won't be totally on my own. At least I don't have to do the whole diet, and stages ofter. He says that this surgery is far less time, recovery, pain, etc. I am glad that I know what the problem is. I have gained 20 lbs, and was feeling like a complete failure.

Good news though. Back story first - My DH was laid off last July and has not been able to find anything else, so we have been living off his unemployment, and my part time paycheck. We have a free place to live so rent isn't a worry. In January we found out that his benefits got extended, so we had money coming in until the end of May. We have been doing a lot of scrimping and saving to prepare for the summer when my job ends. Just found out yesterday that his benefits have been extended yet again, and we will have the money we need in the summer! Such a blessing! We are so relieved and grateful! Anyway, this is my life in a nutshell right now. Hope I haven't bored anyone with my looooooong post :cursing:

Sorry about the leak but at least they found it. Once it is fixed that weight will come off. Don't feel like a failure (I do it and it doesn't help) I am so glad everything is working better with money so you do not have to stress to much. I hope he finds a job soon so you will not have these yo yo feeling.

I forgot to say thank you all for your suggestions and advice.

I hope all of you had a great weekend. I just kinda chilled. I even watched an old WWII movie and the marathon of America the Story of Us. If any of you get the opportunity ....it is an awesome series. It is on the History channel. Tonight is the last episode. It covers from the pilgrims up to now.

Well, I have been walking in the morning and riding my bike in the afternoon. I still haven't achieved 6000 steps except one time. That is a lot of steps.

One....... thanks for the support. We are here for you too.

Lots.....I am sorry you have to go through another surgery. You have done so well. I hope your DH finds employment soon. Glad you checked in.

I sure hope I lose a lb this Wednesday. I did eat some veggies yesterday and a few crackers. I know.....but hey I didn't go for anything sweet. I am making better choices these days.

Kimaly......give us an update tomorrow.

Arlene, you are a much better bandster than I am. I have become complacent in my weight loss efforts. I am too comfortable and seem to be ok that I have been plateaued for-e-ver. I am not near goal, although I am happy with my weightloss so far, I am doing NOTHING to jumpstart my weightloss efforts. I am disappointed in myself and must change, but I am too blah to do it. I realized recently that in the last year I have only lost 15 lbs. THAT is unacceptable. I am going to call my surgeon's office and see about getting a fill. I haven't had one since Nov '08. Hopefully they can get me in for a small fill soon. I may, however, have to wait until July when summer school is over. Ok, I didn't mean to go on and on about my self "loathing".

Lotza, I am sorry about your leak. It is good that your surgeon is going to go ahead and replace it. Good luck!

Marie, Glad you rejoined us. Cryz, I think a fill might do you well. But don't worry to much things can change. Last year was a slow year for me maybe 15 to 20lbs. I got a fill in Jan. and have lost pretty steady since. Well, up into this last 3 weeks. No loss again this week but I got my pool open and swimming is great exercise so maybe it will help. I'm still fairly slack when it comes to the exercise. Start and stop. It's crazy, no excuses for that. It's just what I do. I wish I could be one of the people that started running and loved it but truth be told I loath it. So maybe the pool will help. I do love the Water and know I have to do the swimming instead the floating and tanning. I'm gonna really try to work on that. How's everyone else?

Arlene, you are a much better bandster than I am. I have become complacent in my weight loss efforts. I am too comfortable and seem to be ok that I have been plateaued for-e-ver. I am not near goal, although I am happy with my weightloss so far, I am doing NOTHING to jumpstart my weightloss efforts. I am disappointed in myself and must change, but I am too blah to do it. I realized recently that in the last year I have only lost 15 lbs. THAT is unacceptable. I am going to call my surgeon's office and see about getting a fill. I haven't had one since Nov '08. Hopefully they can get me in for a small fill soon. I may, however, have to wait until July when summer school is over. Ok, I didn't mean to go on and on about my self "loathing".

Lotza, I am sorry about your leak. It is good that your surgeon is going to go ahead and replace it. Good luck!

Crzyt, don't apologize........I know just how you feel. I gained 10lb before going on this plan. I wanted a sleeve, but Dr. Davis told me to rest the band and go on this shake thing. Sometimes you just have to get rid of the stress to focus on the band. Hopefully, you will get a few weeks this summer to get back on track. You haven't gained.......Great!!!!

Going shopping for new clothes, I love buying smaller clothes but I can't weight until I can go into the maintenance stage. because this nothing ever fitting is getting expensive. I was giving my clothes to friends but now everyone I know is either larger or smaller then I am so the goodwill is loving me. Oh well I think I'll be able to get through the summer with what ever I buy today. I'm having a bit of a hard time knowing what types of things to buy, When I was big I knew how to dress stylish but age appropriate. Now most of the things that fit go from one extreme to another either too young or to old lady(I'm older but not ready to look like an old lady yet). I got dressed the other day and my DD said I looked like my Mom when I said I thought my sister looked more like her she said no Mom I mean the way your dressed. OK I love my Mom but she was in her 70's when she passed away. I'm only 46. So what are you ladies wearing these days? Any ideas on age appropriate clothing would be helpful.

Well, all I know is I don't like the tight spandex stuff unless you have a really slim midriff. I always buy 3/4 length sleeves because of my bat wings. Today I bought a sheer print with a tank underneath. I finally don't have a 2 in front of my size. 16-18. Now that is a miracle for me. My goal is 12. I have no illusions about being smaller. I have enough abdomen for three peeps. That is why I have to wear a larger size than I need. Another 50lbs and I am gonna have that sucker flattened!

No spandex for me, I gave them up in the 80's. I found 4 shirts a pair of capris they're dressy so I can work in them and a pair of shorts(to the knees) also dressy so I can work in them also. I will have to grab a couple more pants. But at least I have something to cover my bootie with for now. I hope everyone has a fantastic weekend.