Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

July Butterflies Master Thread

Wow what a GREAT feeling! I hit the 50lb weight loss today!!! Yay for meeeeee!:cool2::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin::biggrin:
Congrats That's fantastic, I hit my 50 mark this morning also. It does feel great. I'm working on onderland, 3lbs more and I'll be there. I've been trying so hard this past couple weeks to lose the 8lbs I had to get there and I still have 3lbs left. Anyway enough about me and once again congrats! It does feel fantastic.

Wow since this last fill I am seriously knowing what it is to be banded. I can truely only eat 1/2 cup and I am definately eating my Protein first cause I fill up so fast!

I have however had a stomach ache after every time I eat for the last 2 days and last night I couldnt sleep because I had some acid reflux.:smile2: so I hope this isnt a consistant thing. anyone else expierence this?? I dont think I am too filled.. maybe my stomach is just getting used to a little SQuEEZE!:thumbup:

all I have to say is.. let the losing begin... I hope!

I posted this on another thread "Slow Losers Unite" but wanted to share it here as well:

Hello, my name is Donna and I'm a slow loser... I've been banded for 3 1/2 months and have only managed to lose 20 lbs.

you're doing great Donna!! Im in the same boat.. but lets remember.. 20lbs gone.. not coming back!! you'll get there with your fills.. how much do you have in now? I have 4.2 in a 10cc band and I have good restriction. I know everyones different.

also remember the less you have to lose the slower you go. I know you probably already know this! and if you have a lot more to lose you go quicker.

have a great day!

Orea I haven't been on here for awhile mostly fustrated. I am going for my 5th fill today! It was suppose to be last week but I have spine surgery on my neck. I haven't lost any since the 2 weeks after my band. I am right there with you. I am picking up all the bad habits that I had before cause my band is still not working. I got the band to help me and for 4 months, banded July 4th, I have not had any restriction! These last 4 months have been just a waste. I am too so addicted to sugar. Last several days that is what I have chosen instead of normal or even healthy food. This sucks! I do email a girl that I talk back and forth to and she had a fill when she got her lap band. They are much more aggressive than where I go to and she has lost 44 lbs. Almost wish I din't spend the money on this!

Joiful and Orea: I was right there with you--very very long plateau that you think is never going to end. You are doing everything right without much success, for me that meant not losing (but not gaining.) Suddenly with the 4th fill something worked. I haven't been sick, haven't been hungry. Don't give up--your sweet spot will make it worth it. I do realize it is a long, long wait. It will be worth it--promise.

I'm a slow loser too, but I think it's more because I'm not following the "rules" like I should be. I can't call it a plateau because I know if I just committed to it I'd be doing much better.

Kimaly and Mfinney, congrats on 50lbs!! What a great feeling it must be.

Thank you.

I was just think of something my doctor said to me the other day and I wanted to share. he was talking about feeling restriction and how some people need a lot more fill that others. he was saying that some paitents come in to him and are asking to be filled almost to the point of being closed. he said its crazy but then he realized something..

he said that some people are told that with the band you need to take small bites and chew chew chew and when you think you havent chewed enough chew some more. he said that they are told to chew to the consistancy of applesauce.. he said that if you eat this way the band wont work because you are meant to have the little pouch full of food that will slowly be released into the stomach over some hours and therefore give you a full feeling.. he recommends chewing well but not too much.. because if you chew too much it will go right through the band.. which makes perfect sense to me. so he said to be careful not to chew too well.. obviously you need to take small bites and chew.. but not till its mush.

just a thought for those not feeling restriction. I just thought I would share because I was one of those who was told to chew till mush.. and my doc cleared that up from the start and I have good restriction. so maybe its worth a try..

good luck I know its frusterating. :D

I think it is a miracle I haven't been gaining more than a few pounds with the hunger level I have. I am avoiding sweets and most simple carbs and really trying to limit my calories. Today I took a leaf from my old WW days and made a pot of vegetable (zero point) Soup. This one is mainly cabbage and onion with a can of beets chopped up and thrown in. I seasoned it witn a combination of beef and chicken soup bases and 1/4 teaspoon of gumbo file. I invented this soup in my teens and still love it. I eat a bowl with a half cup of cottage cheese in it. Yum! When this is gone, I'll do something with the other half head of cabbage.

Since filling my pouch with solid food isn't working these days, I'll do this for the moment to help myself cope. So far today it is helping me keep the calories down. I go for my second fill Thursday. We'll see what happens then. <crossing my fingers>

Best of luck to all of you. -- BTW 20 pounds in 3.5 months is great, right in the 1-2 pounds a week zone we are supposed to be able to do. Believe me, I would take it in a heartbeat and be down on my knees in gratitude.

Shrinknme, thanks for sharing your doctor's comment. It makes perfect sense. I guess we need to find a middle ground between gulping down chunks of food and chewing it to mush.

Shrinknme, thanks for sharing your doctor's comment. It makes perfect sense. I guess we need to find a middle ground between gulping down chunks of food and chewing it to mush.

Good advice...thanks! I, too, am struggling. I haven't lost a lb since my last fill two weeks ago. I have to admit that I have brought slider foods back in my diet. I am still caring for my daughter and grand daughter, and I haven't been journaling. It is key to my weight loss. So, I need to get in the zone again. I did start Protein Shakes today. YUK! :biggrin: I just don't like them anymore.

I haven't given up and I don't regret getting banded. I don't have that awful gnawing in my stomach that I once had. I just have head hunger. I will get a fill on the 20th. I hope this will be my sweet spot.:D

you're doing great Donna!! Im in the same boat.. but lets remember.. 20lbs gone.. not coming back!! you'll get there with your fills.. how much do you have in now? I have 4.2 in a 10cc band and I have good restriction. I know everyones different.

also remember the less you have to lose the slower you go. I know you probably already know this! and if you have a lot more to lose you go quicker.

have a great day!

I have 4.5 ccs in an 8 cc band. I don't think I'm ready for another fill but I need something to get myself back on track. After TOM leaves, I'm going to try the 5 Day Pouch Test.

Ditto, what she said.

I got my 5th fill today. Went to Olive Garden with some out of town family and didn't fill the restriciton. Good thinking on how much you chew and I have not chewed to the point of apple sauce. I never really had big bites of food and then not chewed it throughly so I am lucky there. When I drink it feels that that gets stuck but the food does not fill me up. I am now at 9.8cc's in a 9cc band. I don't know what to do. I got bitched at for not eating all the correct foods. I then reminded him that I paid for a tool and that tool is not helping me. I sure wouldn't have paid for something that doesn't work and expect myself not to have the eating disorder that I have had for 30 years. Seems ridicilous! They need to find the problem get it fixed cause I think 4 months is showing enough patience. I lost 3 lbs in the last 3 weeks but it was a different scale so I am not so sure.

I hope soon I can get the help I so want!