Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Congrats Angel on being out of the 400's forever! I am glad you are finally getting the success you deserve from the band.

Debbie, your house burned, how awful. These would be stressful times. Good going on holding it all together.

I am recovering from total knee replacement number 2, it's been 3 weeks and doing pretty good. This time in the hospital for some reason my band totally blocked anything from going down (i've had 2 other surgeries and never needed an unfill or anything), I had to have an emergency unfill of half the Fluid in my band. I had 11 cc in a 14cc bnad and they took out 5. I have gotten only 1 cc put back in. But I am holding my own here, so am debating if I should continue maintainance here or get a little more. I am eating more than I have been but so far maintaining. I get hungrier though and feel like I am white knuckling it sometimes. I don't think I will go back up to the 11 ccs though.

Thanks! God, family, my church family, neighbors, and friends have come together to make it bearable! We haven't missed any meals and only had to stay in a hotel for 2 weeks.... got the fire site cleaned off and ready to get something back on our land to live in now. We go up there everyday and check on and feed our animals, work on firewood, etc. and we are ready to get back up there ASAP! here's hoping all of you have a Good New Year and I see "Less of you" in the future! God Bless!

Congrats Angel!! That is great news. Very very happy for you girl!

Debbie, I am glad that you are surrounded by caring people in your time of need. Are you rebuilding?

I am doing great. I am loving my new flat tummy and my new "girls" lol. I go on the 18th to get my thigh lift and am a little nervous about it. I know it won't be as bad as this last surgery thank the Lord. I am still not 100% from the tt and BA. I did buy 3 bikinis woohoo. I am heading to Florida at the end of April with a girl friend for some sun and sand. We have been blasted with lots of snow and cold air like most of the country and I am sooo looking forward to some nice weather.

I hope everyone is doing great!

We are buying a mobile home in order to get back to our property quicker.... And.. we are GETTING TOO OLD for this! LOL! Lot of things I would rather be doing besides building a house.. like riding a horse, swimming, cruising... Life is short! Keep up the good work! You don't even look like the same person!

That's awesome Debbie! So glad that you don't have to wait for your home to be built. You will be doing all those things you love before you know it.

Thanks for the compliment.. I don't feel like the same person either lol :blink:

Hey Debbie,

so sorry about your loss, our house burned when I was in Jr. High, it is something you never forget. I feel for you and I'm glad you have such a great support system. God Bless You.

Glad everyone else is doing great.

Hey Debbie,

so sorry about your loss, our house burned when I was in Jr. High, it is something you never forget. I feel for you and I'm glad you have such a great support system. God Bless You.

Glad everyone else is doing great.

Thanks! things are looking up... we are getting back on our feet. You look like you are doing really well.. Keep up the good work!

Happy New Year! Just checking in. It's hard to believe it's been 1 1/2 years since we all had our banding. I had to have a slight unfill for the first time right before the holidays. OMG what a relief! It was like opening up a clogged pipe, I could not get anything down and what little I did was coming back up. Dr. said that some times once a person looses a large amount of weight that the band can some times tighten, even though you would think it would be the opposite. Has anyone else experinced this? I had 7.5ccs in my 10cc band, he really did not tell me how much he took out. I have my follow up on Monday and am going request a little fill. I've been able to eat too much and for the first time have gained a few pounds. But much of that was due to the way too many goodies I ate and the lack of excercising through the busy holiday season. Other than that all is well, just starting to look into my options for PS. Targeting April, by then I would have given my body & weight 6 monts to stabalize from reaching goal. And most importantly be ready for swimsuit season!

Would be nice to hear updates from all of the old regulars of this thread. Hope all is well.

I am glad the thread is still going.... I am in BAD NEED of a fill! I actually GAINED 3 pounds over the holidays! YIKES! Am going to schedule a fill tomorrow. Can't really complain though.. it actually felt good to get a break and enjoy the holidays knowing i still have a reprieve! Good luck to all and God Bless! Hope to see LESS OF YOU soon!

Doing pretty good here, in the process of getting my band back filled up. After my 2nd knee surgery I had to have an emergency unfill, they took 5 out of 11 ccs out of my band. I've gotten 1.75cc of that back so far. Luckily I am maintaining. I have a number that I won't go over, but I am teetering too much right at it. i get another fill next week. Guess they can't put all the fill back in at the same time and I am not sure I want it all back. I was very tight and now that I am goal I am not sure I want to live that tight, but I don't want to gain either. So need to find my new 'sweet spot'.

I've been loving life though, other than the knee pain from surgery recovery but once that is over, Look out! And I have a new hobby, SHOPPING! I just love going in the store and knowing things will fit. And it's so fun getting dressed in the mornings when Ihave so many choices in my closet, instead of going in there and wondering what will make me look less fat or not feel so tight.

I'm also thinking I might get a little fill. I have weighed 166 pounds since September. And even though I look great and everyone says I look good, I want to lose a little more.

Glad everyone is doing good.

Happy New Year! Just checking in. It's hard to believe it's been 1 1/2 years since we all had our banding. I had to have a slight unfill for the first time right before the holidays. OMG what a relief! It was like opening up a clogged pipe, I could not get anything down and what little I did was coming back up. Dr. said that some times once a person looses a large amount of weight that the band can some times tighten, even though you would think it would be the opposite. Has anyone else experinced this? I had 7.5ccs in my 10cc band, he really did not tell me how much he took out. I have my follow up on Monday and am going request a little fill. I've been able to eat too much and for the first time have gained a few pounds. But much of that was due to the way too many goodies I ate and the lack of excercising through the busy holiday season. Other than that all is well, just starting to look into my options for PS. Targeting April, by then I would have given my body & weight 6 monts to stabalize from reaching goal. And most importantly be ready for swimsuit season!

Would be nice to hear updates from all of the old regulars of this thread. Hope all is well.

Hey VZ...an old regular here. Sounds like you are doing well. Wishing you luck as you go down the PS road.

Things are great with me...just living a new/healthy life and feeling wonderful. Should have done this years ago. I do feel as if I have the energy of a 19 yr old.

Take care and would be nice to see some of the others post with updates.

Hey gals! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Things are going well. I gained weight for the first time over Christmas and am working on losing it and then the other 16 pounds I need to lose to hit goal. I really need a fill, but don't have the $200 it costs :confused: Oh well, I can do this! We got over a foot of snow yesterday. Stuff like that really doesn't happen in VA (especially when we got like 10 inches 6 weeks ago). I have a snow day tomorrow and am guessing I probably will the next few days. Snow days are definitely one of the best parts of being a teacher :) Hope to be on here more...hope you all are doing well!

:)

Jennifer

Hey gals! Just thought I'd drop in and say hi. Things are going well. I gained weight for the first time over Christmas and am working on losing it and then the other 16 pounds I need to lose to hit goal. I really need a fill, but don't have the $200 it costs :confused: Oh well, I can do this! We got over a foot of snow yesterday. Stuff like that really doesn't happen in VA (especially when we got like 10 inches 6 weeks ago). I have a snow day tomorrow and am guessing I probably will the next few days. Snow days are definitely one of the best parts of being a teacher :) Hope to be on here more...hope you all are doing well!

:)

Jennifer

Hey! I too gained for the first time over the Christmas holidays (Eggnog! lol)... am working on getting back on track. We were banded pretty close to the same time, but I still have greater than 50 pounds to go! We have family in VA (Farmville), and they lost power for a day or so.. Hope you are keeping warm! Keep up the good work and hope to see "less of you" in the very near future! God Bless!

Hey there Junies!! Wow what a quiet thread this has become. I miss all of you Junies and hearing about your lives. Please check in and let's keep this thread going..

You girls who gained will lose it in no time! Unfortunately as you know the band isn't a cure just a tool. But the good news is you can get a fill and get back on track. I have friends who have had bypass and gained it all back and they don't have a tool to help them get back on track.

I am doing great now. I had a terrible time with my thigh lift and the problems that came with it. I am finally feeling like a normal person again lol. I have started working out again finally. I just couldn't take being out of breathe climbing the stairs. I need to build up my endurance. I have been doing the treadmill for 40 min and the elliptical for 30 min and 20 min of weights for my arms. I so far have been every day this week and I am really loving it. I can't believe I said that lol.

The 27th of February I am having a huge 40th birthday bash. I am so excited to be in the best shape since I was like 18! I have been shopping like crazy for a dress and have bought quite a few but not sure if they are the "one" . I will be taking pictures soon and hopefully you all can help me decide.

So my junies... please check in.. let me and everyone know how you have been, what you have been up to.. <3