Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Sorry about the insurance thingy! I think it is radiculous that they will cover things such as meds to control diabetes and/or hypertension but will not actually cover something as simple as the lapband which can and often does... CURE IT!... It sounds like a conspiracy to keep us all fat and PAYING! I was 150 pounds overweight but the docs in my area (rural Tennessee) kept telling me I was not "fat enough"... how fat did they want me? in a wheelchair? bedbound from diabetic neuropathy? or needing cardiac bypass because of my out-of-control hypertension? not to mention the hiatal hernia that was corrected when I finally went to Mexico as a self pay and got things FIXED! I have lost nearly 100 pounds now and still have a ways to go.. but i would do it again in a heartbeat and I encourage others to do the same! I go to the Fill Centers for my fills, and they are WONDERFUL! even if insurance paid for mine now, I would still go to the Fill Center! Good luck in everything and hope to see "Less Of You" in the near future! God Bless!

Hey everyone! I feel like it's been so long since I've been on here. Life has been quite busy. My weight was moving in the wrong direction which was scary and I was really feeling like old habits were creeping back. I had 5 pounds that I was ok going up and down (still not at goal, but plataued for about 8 months) and I got on the scale and was 5 pounds above my high end. Then there was Easter weekend and yep, then I was 7 pounds higher. I knew I needed a fill (I could eat WAY too much), but I didn't have the money. Well, I got my tax return so I called last week and b/c they knew I was on spring break, they got me in in two days! My band was "wide-open". I went from 6.5 to 8.1 and she said she probably could have added more (I'm glad she didn't as I feel just a tiny bit tight, not bad though). It's amazing to get full again when I eat just a few bites and to stay full. I'm not thinking about food all of the time again!! I'm so scared of failing. I feel like my whole life people have watched me lose and gain weight and I laid here last Sunday night so scared that I was failing at this. Now I know I'm not. I'm so happy right now! I've lost 7 pounds since last Thursday (gotta love 3 days of liquids and then soft food) and I stated Jillian Michael's 30 day shred today (thought I was going to die :cool:). I'm hoping to keep seeing the weight fall and maybe just maybe break this plateau I've been waiting to break for so long. I love reading how you guys are doing! I miss this board not being so active...hard to believe it was 2 years ago when we were all joining this group, asking questions, scared yet getting excited...oh, how life has changed! Have a great evening Junies :eek:

hey Teach! Good to see you back on here and back on track! I too have been struggling, needing fill, etc. and up/down 3-5 pounds... Plateau more or less since Christmas! I have a good fill now, but I am still struggling... Problem is I had a knee injury and have become less active, off to have a TOTAL KNEE REPLACEMENT the 3rd of May.. I hope once I get back to swim season it will start falling off again... But as I have said so many times in teh past, if I never lose another pound.. I WOULD DO IT AGAIN IN A HEARTBEAT! I feel better than I have in 20 years! Good luck to all and hope to see "less of you" in the near future! God bless!

Hi Junies!

Well I've crossed the 1yr mark!

I got my first fill since Nov last month - wow the surgeon's new PA gave me 1cc, and it made a HUUUGGEEE difference. I think I now finally understand restriction. In fact, sometimes I think I might be a smidge too tight (I've had about 8 incidents of PB since the fill and I chew well/don't overeat - I hadn't pb'd 8 times in the whole year!) on the bright side, the scale is moving!

I'm officially down 65lbs (from high weight preband1). I'm excited I just dropped under 250!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey Junies,

I wish I had good news to report but the last few days have been a nightmare. Thursday night, I had super bad pain in my back and stomach, it reminded me a lot of the gas pains right after surgery. I was so afraid something happened with my band (slippage, etc). I went to the ER and I was there for 12 hours, where I found out that I have gall stones and I had an attack from them. My band seems to be okay, but this means if I have another attack, I'll have to have my gall bladder removed. I seriously don't want another surgery. Gall stones are like punishment for losing weight! No fair :thumbup:

Hey everyone.. I just wanted to give an update since it has been a while. I am up 20 pounds since my Tummy Tuck. ugh. I have been through quite a bit since my thigh lift in January. I turned 40, found out I was pregnant, lost the baby and am dealing with my youngest daughter heading off to college. So I am trying to not be to hard on myself. I am going in tomorrow for a fill. I desperately need it. I was doing so great, swimming every day until I found out I was pregnant then I just fell in to my old eating habits and found that I used it as an excuse to eat ice cream every day! I am still "thin" I fit into size 10 jeans but hate that my weight has creeped up. I need to make myself accountable so here I am fessing up.. :confused:

Just an update, I ended up in the hospital this weekend and had my gall bladder removed Monday. I just got home today. While the surgery and recovery is much better so far than the band, having a drain REALLY sucked! All I want to do now is sleep.< /p>

Just an update, I ended up in the hospital this weekend and had my gall bladder removed Monday. I just got home today. While the surgery and recovery is much better so far than the band, having a drain REALLY sucked! All I want to do now is sleep.< /div>

Haven't been on here in a while.. Hope you are doing well! Don't give up! You'll get there! God Bless!

How's everybody's "Bandiversary" weight going? Down 95 pounds......... came a long way, long way to go! Good luck all!

Congrats! I am doing quite well, I lost 126 lbs my first year and maintained that well until a few months ago when I gained back about 15. Lots going on in my life, 2 knees replaced, daughter got married and I moved to another state. however, I am settled now and working on getting that 15 back off.

Congrats! I am doing quite well, I lost 126 lbs my first year and maintained that well until a few months ago when I gained back about 15. Lots going on in my life, 2 knees replaced, daughter got married and I moved to another state. however, I am settled now and working on getting that 15 back off.

Wow! You have done really well! I just had my right knee replaced and it "froze up" and I had to have a manipulation under anesthesia... Please tell me it will get better and I won't walk with a limp? I had a couple of set backs.. about 3 weeks after my surgery, my mother passed away; and the week following that, I was in court (witness against my x husband in a murder/suicide attempt) for 4 days... When it rains, it pours! Keep in touch! and God Bless!

Goodness Debbie, I think in your case, when it rains it storms! Sorry to hear of all your 'storms'. One of my knees is much better than the other. And interestingly it was the worse of the 2 before surgery. It's like normal now. The ohter one does still hurt sometimes but nothing like before surgery. Hang in there, it should get better. Have you done all the physical therapy on the knee??

I am going to give the new knees a real test starting this week. I just joined a gym. My exercise has been lacking since my knee surgeries so need to make that a habit again.

I did 3 weeks of surgery but I am on the CPM machine every day for 6 hours and I do the exercises morning and night... also have a pool and exercise everyday in it... my insurance is not covering PT anymore...... but as I said, am doing the exercises religously! Thanks for the reply... Good luck and let me know how things go!

Hi, everybody! Wow...it's been over a yr since I checked in. It took me about 9 months to reach my goal weight of 160, and I have stayed the same ever since. I am very thankful for my band. I have started having a "complication" and am wondering if anyone else has experienced this? My port access is at my waistline. One day I noticed a pin-sized hole at my port site that had some drainage. I went to the Dr and he prescribed some antibiotics for precaution, and I covered it with gauze and tape. It sealed up. It has done it again, only this time it's more of a pen sized hole, again with drainage. I think it originally happened from my pant waistband being right at the site, and it heals, then it happens again. Anyone else had this problem? I don't see a solution due to the problem site being at my waistband.

Congrats, Summer, on making goal. That is strange about the port, never heard of it. Maybe you'll have to have it repositioned??