Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Good morning, Allie, I am still here. I am doing well. I am still working on getting my band filled back up to where it was before my 2nd knee surgery. I had to have an emergency unfil of about half (5cc's) of my fill while in the hospital after my surgery, I couldn't keep a sip of Water down even. I am up 3 lbs which ticks me off but it will come off. I've allowed way too much snacking while my band was wide open. I am back to within 1 cc of where I was pre surgery. I am hoping this does it for me as I was pretty tight before and not sure I want to stay that tight, but I will if that is what it takes to maintain my weight.

I have a couple trips coming up that I am excited for. This weekend DH has to go to Las Vegas for a night for work so I am tagging along. Then in 10 days I am leaving for a tour of Isreal with a group from my church. can't wait for that one. I have all sorts of new vacation clothes too!!

So next Junies.....where are you? how are you do ing??

Finally started losing again... had a fill on the 5th and lost the 4 pounds I gained during Christmas.... the doc said I didn't have all the saline on my last fill.. I am hoping that it was a simple mistake.. He said if I didn't have all the saline next time around i would have to have a fluoro.... thinks I may have a leak! I hope/pray not! From what i understand, it is nearly impossible to find a doc to replace a port if you had surgery in Mexico.... and I really can't afford another trip back there anytime soon! Good luck and God bless you all! Keep up the good work!

Just checking in. Surgery june 11,2008. Just trying to maintain my loss. Between 70-75 lbs. I go back and forth 5 lbs. No fills since last sept. One slight un=fill in nov. Feel good. Have a fear of gaining back, this 5 lbs. Sometimes feels like 20...hope all are well. Judy

Judy, I struggle with that same 5 lbs. It drives me nuts but at least it is just 5 lbs. and doesn't turn into 10 then 20, etc. I think as long as we can never go over that 5 lbs mark we should be good, maybe this is what maintainance is all about? I'd rather struggle the other way with losing 5 lbs LOL

It helps to come on here every once in a while and get back to reading others comments and remember what its all about. Back to Proteins, less carbs..more exercise. Wish we had a support group locally here. It helps to read what others are eating too. New ideas, that is why the lb discussion is so wonderful. Glad to have such a place. Judy

Hola Junies!!!!

I'm back to check in - it's almost my bandiversary! (Remember - 2nd band, only had the 1st one for a week!)

I'm down about 60lbs since band 1 pre-op. Yay!

I admit, I wanted to be one of those 100lb losers but I didn't work very hard.....

Good stuff: I eat better than pre-band. I hardly ever get stuck - but I also probably need more fills.

DH got his band last June and is doing much better - he's lost about 50lbs, and halved his BP meds. Haviing him banded has been good and bad - I ate better and was more disciplined on my own! But he understands things better and helps to keep me accountable now. (He also leads me into tempation more - so I have to be careful!)

More good stuff - after taking the holidays off, I'm back for a fill next month. I'm also finally accepting that I might need to go to support meetings (even though they conflict with something I do) and I plan to get back to the gym! I'm going to join one close by for me - to swim and workout, and I'm going to go with DD to the big gym at the AF base for her (and me) until we can afford 2 memberships - it's the driving that keeps me from going there all the time.

We also got a Wii for Christmas - what fun! DH and I try to do some everyday.

I'm making progress!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Wow, it's been quiet in here. I've been super busy the last few months, we moved into a new apartment. I lasted posted January 9th, and I was 390 then. I didn't weigh myself again until after we were done moving (mid February) and then I was 382. I am now 376, down a total of 68 pounds. 14 pounds in 2 months doesn't seem like much, but when I didn't lose anything for basically a year before Christmas, I'll take it! But this means 26 pounds since my fill on 12/21. I haven't had another fill yet and I don't think I really need one yet. I have restriction, but I've developed a bad habit lately and I keep eating more to push food through the band to make room in my pouch. I wonder if I got another fill I would PB instead of being able to push it through, and I would really prefer that. I wouldn't keep eating if I thought I would get sick. I do still PB once in awhile, but usually only when I eat too fast or didn't chew enough.

I need 32 more pounds to hit 100, and our bandiversaries are coming up, but part of me is afraid to set it as a goal. So far I have failed every short-term goal I've set for myself.

I'm currently reading the book "The Rules of 'Normal' Eating" and from the two chapters I've read, I think it will be very helpful for the eating problems I still face.

Last night I started walking again, I did about 1.25 miles around my neighborhood, part of it uphill. I meant to go further but I'm bad at judging distances. Today I went out to my normal walking path and did 2 miles. DH and I are going to be doing a 5K Run/Walk at the Bronx Zoo on April 24, and I plan to be ready for it, even if I just walk the whole thing! I know I can do 3 miles pretty easily, but it gives me a reason to get my booty out and train.

Hope you all are doing okay!

I have been juggling 2-3 pounds for the past month or so... sooooooo close to 100 pounds lost but just haven't quite made it! Fell last month and messed my knee up, have to have total knee replacement. I am sure that will slow things down even more since i won't be able to exercise! You guys keep up the good work and fight a good fight! Hope to see less of you soon! God bless!

I'm still doing good. I've maintained my loss for 10 mos now within a 5 lb range. I'm at the top of that 5 lbs now and need to get that off. Been real busy right now with my daughter getting married on Friday. On top of that DH got a promotion/transfer and I will be moving soon to Utah. We haven't put the house up for sale or anything yet as I can't deal with that and the wedding at the same time. Plus I have been taking care of my 100 yr old grandma. So my plate is pretty full. Oh and finally recovered from 2 knee replacements, one in Oct and the other in Dec.

Debbie, you will do great when you get your new knee. I won't lie and say the recovery is easy, it's tough. But so worth it in the end. I just went on a tour of the HOly Land 3 mos after my most recent knee and walked miles and did great. Also, through the whole 6 mos of recovery I never gained weight even with no exercise. Maybe it was the pain pills affecting my appetite or smoething. I've struggled more with those 5 lbs recently. Good luck to you, when is your knee surgery???

Hey Fellow Junies...

I'm a guilty one. Have not paid much attention to this thread. I apologize. It certainly has been quite and is nice to reconnect.

Deb...sorry to hear about your knee. Not fun. Not an easy fix but hope you can adjust as well as Great did with her two new knees. She's now off and running and not looking back! Congrats on the almost 100lbs lost. It will come. With not being able to move as much, I am sure it takes a little longer to see the scale move.

I am doing well. The maintenance phase has not been without challenges but mostly just living life and takes it all as it comes. I have a unique situation. My metabolism has kicked into high gear (as it was the first part of my adult life) and the challenges I have faced is to NOT lose weight. I live with a loose band in order to be able to get all my daily calories in. DH tells me to just sit back and enjoy. He says I have the best of both worlds. I still make good/healthy food choices. Never want to revert to my old habits of loading up on crap.

Hope everyone is doing well. Hard to believe our 2 yr bandiversary is right around the corner. Take care!

Thanks all for the input/support! My surgery is scheduled for May 3. I am starting strengthening exercises this coming week in PT.... I am ready to get back to living! I also have a fill scheduled for 3/25... Hope I can kick start the rest of this weight coming off! I had hoped to be at goal by my 2-year anniversary, but I guess that is not going to happen! At any rate, good luck to you all and keep up the good work! Hope to see "less of you" soon! God Bless!

Finally got another fill..... And GOOD NEWS........... NO LEAKS! Yippee! scale slowly starting to move again! Good luck all! Thanks for all the input and support!

progress.gif

Thank goodness there was no leak! Good luck on your knee surgery. The recovery is a tough one but oh so worth it! Between my band and the resultant weight loss and my new knees I feel like a new woman!

Hey Junies!

I've lost 70 pounds now, it's nice to see some bigger numbers, even though I still have a looong way to go.

Some bad news though, my company switched health insurance in February and our benefits were supposed to stay the same. When we switched I did check that my surgeon is still in network, which he is, so I thought everything was fine. While looking up some other benefits last week, and after a long discussion with the United Healthcare folks, I found out that our new plan does NOT cover ANY bariatric or weight-loss care. The only thing they'll cover is if something -medical- goes wrong and it needs to be fixed or adjusted. Even LapBand defects (leaks, slippage, etc) are not covered. I can't see my doctor for visits and I can't get fills. Thankfully I'm good right now with restriction but what about 3 months from now? 6 months? My office manager said she'll see what they can do next year but we outsource our human resources, so that company invests in the insurance in bulk, usually can't pick and choose options.

Hopefully it will all work out, there is a Fill Center USA about 90 miles from me if absolutely necessary, but I just hope nothing goes wrong that needs attention.

Angel, bummer on the insurance. When I got banded my insurance (also United Healthcare) didn't cover my band, it's not the iinsurance company but rather the employer putting in an exclusion for bariatric procedures. It has now changed and they cover it, however, when they didn't, my doc's office had a cash pay price for fills. Their price was actually less than the FillCenterUSA's price was so you might check with your dr's office and ask how much a fill is for a cash pay person. Hope it works out. Congrats on the loss.