Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Angel, I hope you get the answers to your frustrations soon. Maybe you should try the nutritionist and psych. something isn't working right. That is a huge fill (about what I have) and you should be tight with that, but we are all different. I don't think the time of day will effect your overall fill really. Not when you are talking that much of a fill. Best wishes to you, it would be very frustrating.

As for me, I am scared to death of my fill or lack thereof right now. In the hospital after my knee surgery I had to have an emergency unfill, I had 10.5 cc in a 14cc band and they took out a full 5cc and said I would only be able to get it back gradual. I had gotten so restricted I couldn't even keep the smallest sip of Water down. Not sure what went on as it didn't happen with the last knee. At least I was at the same hospital as my lap band surgeon, I called his cell number that he gave after surgery if we ever needed anything and he sent his fill NP over right away. So far I have not noticed being extra hungry but can eat more, just don't have much of an appetite on these pain killers etc. I hope to get my first fill tomorrow.

I don't keep a food journal because I have in the past and they don't really do anything for me; I'm always aware of what I eat, including the bad stuff and "extras" like Condiments, journaling doesn't make me stop and think "oh my god, look what I was eating!" because I already know exactly what I eat. I don't do Protein Shakes at all, my program is "food based" and prefers to get the Protein from food, BECAUSE shakes are just extra calories and liquid, they don't work with the band to fill you up.

As for slider foods, I don't eat them -because- they go around my band, I could eat just as much hard protein (chicken, etc) as I could soft foods. It's been a combination of me not making the right choices AND lack of restriction, because the reason I've always failed at dieting in the past is because I hate being hungry, and restricting portions and whatnot just didn't do it for me, I would just end up binging and going back to my old habits. I need restriction to keep me from being hungry. I know it might sound like I'm relying on my band to do too much of the work, but I wouldn't have gotten the band if I could do it myself.

I have to admit though, I make MUCH better choices now than before my band, I don't eat as much junk food or sweets, I'm back to absolutely no soda (and I'm not missing it!), so all I think I need is to finally get the restriction I need and things will get back in motion.

Hey Angel,

Well it sounds like you do need more of a fill then if you don't have restriction. I have heard the number really doesn't matter, for example I have a 10cc band with 5.3 in it and am really restricted where a friend of mine has a 10cc band and finally got restriction at 9cc. So everyone is different. I also couldn't lose weight without my band. I hope you didn't take offense to the food journal suggestion. I was just trying to offer suggestions to help. Good luck and I hope 2010 is the year you lose the weight you were hoping to lose!

Hey Angel,

Well it sounds like you do need more of a fill then if you don't have restriction. I have heard the number really doesn't matter, for example I have a 10cc band with 5.3 in it and am really restricted where a friend of mine has a 10cc band and finally got restriction at 9cc. So everyone is different. I also couldn't lose weight without my band. I hope you didn't take offense to the food journal suggestion. I was just trying to offer suggestions to help. Good luck and I hope 2010 is the year you lose the weight you were hoping to lose!

No offense taken! Keeping a food journal is by far the most common suggestion for weight loss--almost every single article I read even in magazines will still mention this. It just isn't effective for everyone :biggrin: The only sad part is that the first time I had to keep a journal was in THIRD GRADE! And even back then it didn't help me, back then it was like "So I ate 6 hot dogs, what about it?" Now it's more like "So I had two Cookies today, and they were good, what's the problem?" :tongue:

I forgot mention this before but today I woke up with a little heartburn and I still have a little going on. I know it's not a good sign but I'm hoping that means some lasting restriction this time. I just had half a cup of this delicious carrot Soup my husband made last night and I'm full! I'm not too hungry yesterday and today, but just knowing I can't eat solid food is giving me HUGE HUGE cravings and I want to eat everything in sight!

Edited by Angelyco

Merry Christmas to me!! I lost 7 pounds since my fill Monday! I'm down 49 now - so close to 50! I also hit my first goal, which is to be under 400. I'm so happy!! Now if I can keep from gaining anything back with two Christmas dinners tomorrow...

Thanks for all your support!

My nurse practitioner will be so happy when I talk to her Monday :)

Merry Christmas to me!! I lost 7 pounds since my fill Monday! I'm down 49 now - so close to 50! I also hit my first goal, which is to be under 400. I'm so happy!! Now if I can keep from gaining anything back with two Christmas dinners tomorrow...

Thanks for all your support!

My nurse practitioner will be so happy when I talk to her Monday :)

Congrats Angel!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Merry Christmas!!!!!

Sorry I'm posting so much, but I'm finally having good news with my band and I don't have too many people to talk to about it!

I wasn't going to weigh myself until Monday, especially since I went to 2 Christmas dinners yesterday, but I was so close to 50 lbs gone that I couldn't help myself. I'm down to 393.6, which means I did in fact break 50 lbs! And I haven't went (ahem) number 2 yet so I would weigh even less after that. So now I've lost over 8 pounds just since Monday, I'm hoping I can get to 10 by this coming Monday, I would be so happy to be able to tell my NP that number when I call her. Not like she wouldn't be ecstatic if I only lost a few pounds, considering my year-long plateau.

The dinners went well yesterday though, I just controlled myself and honestly I didn't really have to force myself to hold back like I thought I would have to. I just knew I didn't need much food and it's amazing, it's the first time it didn't bother me that I couldn't eat much. I ate very little and I was just fine with that, I wasn't agonizing over wanting to eat more or trying to shove more food into my band. And thankfully both of the families knew about my band and they were very understanding that I couldn't eat much, so they didn't get offended that I didn't take much or finish everything like they do with everyone else!

Even last night after I got home I thought I was getting hungry again, but I just kept drinking fluids and went to bed and I was fine.

I'm really starting to love my band again :blink:

Sorry I'm posting so much, but I'm finally having good news with my band and I don't have too many people to talk to about it!

I wasn't going to weigh myself until Monday, especially since I went to 2 Christmas dinners yesterday, but I was so close to 50 lbs gone that I couldn't help myself. I'm down to 393.6, which means I did in fact break 50 lbs! And I haven't went (ahem) number 2 yet so I would weigh even less after that. So now I've lost over 8 pounds just since Monday, I'm hoping I can get to 10 by this coming Monday, I would be so happy to be able to tell my NP that number when I call her. Not like she wouldn't be ecstatic if I only lost a few pounds, considering my year-long plateau.

The dinners went well yesterday though, I just controlled myself and honestly I didn't really have to force myself to hold back like I thought I would have to. I just knew I didn't need much food and it's amazing, it's the first time it didn't bother me that I couldn't eat much. I ate very little and I was just fine with that, I wasn't agonizing over wanting to eat more or trying to shove more food into my band. And thankfully both of the families knew about my band and they were very understanding that I couldn't eat much, so they didn't get offended that I didn't take much or finish everything like they do with everyone else!

Even last night after I got home I thought I was getting hungry again, but I just kept drinking fluids and went to bed and I was fine.

I'm really starting to love my band again :)

Ohhhh Angel I am sooooooooooooo excited for you! I can hear how happy you are! It's so great that your band is finally working for you. Just try not to put to much pressure on getting to a certain number.. just losing 1 to 2 pounds a week is a great accomplishment!!! So excited for you, 2010 is your year Angel!!!!!:smile:

Angel, that is great news. I wish you nothing but the best. And don't ever give up, you can do it and it is soooo worth it. Keep up the good work and positive attitude and make it happen for you!

Hope everyone had a good Christmas and wishing everyone a Happy New Year.

I had an amazingly good Christmas, one of the best ever. It's amazing to me how differently I handle the food aspects of holidays now too. I still get to taste and sample my favorites but then I am full. And really it's in those first few bites that you get all the taste and memories of those traditional foods anyway. I managed to lose 2 lbs over the holiday! I got lots of new clothes and gift cards for even more new clothes, I can't wait to wear them all. I am still recovering from knee surgery less than 2 weeks ago so am very swollen so hard to try on clothes right now.

As for New Year's plans I am torn, I kindda just want to stay home and veg and play cards or something with DH, but we are invited to a dear friends that evening and feel obligated to go. It's hard for me to go out right now as I need to keep my leg elevated and when I go somewhere and have it down long it swells up like something ugly.

Happy New Year, Junies! :)

The scale didn't move at all last week and I was afraid the plateau had already hit again, like it always does when I lose weight after a fill, so I was avoiding here and my blog. I got on the scale for the hell of it this morning, and I lost 4 more pounds! Down to 390 now. I wish I could tell you the last time I saw that number, but honestly, years ago I went from 340 down to 285, then I didn't even see a scale again until I hit 407 - I never even saw 390 as I blew past it. I'm so happy that I don't have to say I'm 400 pounds again. And I NEVER will again!

Happy New Year, Junies! :)

The scale didn't move at all last week and I was afraid the plateau had already hit again, like it always does when I lose weight after a fill, so I was avoiding here and my blog. I got on the scale for the hell of it this morning, and I lost 4 more pounds! Down to 390 now. I wish I could tell you the last time I saw that number, but honestly, years ago I went from 340 down to 285, then I didn't even see a scale again until I hit 407 - I never even saw 390 as I blew past it. I'm so happy that I don't have to say I'm 400 pounds again. And I NEVER will again!

You go girl! I haven't been on a scale in a while, other than my fill first part of December (my home burned in October, and I haven't bought any scales)... I hope/feel like I have lost but I am happy right now in these stressful times to MAINTAIN! Keep up the good work and God Bless!