Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hey Teach, I sure hope you get it worked out with your fills. I would think either place would consider you an existing patient. Hopefully there's a simple solution. Good luck to you, and toyou Lucky as well in getting your fill.

My knee is healing well. I go to the doc for my post op check today. Also my folks are coming in today for a week so busy busy!

Allie, getting anxious for the PS??

Teach, good luck. Hopefully, it all will work out well for you.

Long (Great), glad to hear the surgery went so well. It will be exciting to see what you can do in the future.

I went to the doctor yesterday and they did an unfill (my last fill was in December!) We hope I will have less trouble keeping food down and less tendency to eat soft foods. The really good news is that my pouch is no longer stretched!!! Last time I went in (April), they said my pouch was huge and put me on liquids for 5 days. I was supposed to go back after a couple of weeks for them to check it but I didn't go. It is always a money issue with me. I am glad I went, I feel enthused again. Now, I have to make sure I follow the rules and don't eat too much now that I have less restriction. I can go back if I need to have some put back but I will wait a while and give this some time to work.

Someday, I will actually be losing weight and I will post here more consistantly. I think not having anything to report is what keeps making me disappear.

I'm somewhere around 411 right now, up from my last fill, when I got down to 402. My last fill was in the end of July and I'm getting another fill next Thursday.

I feel like such a failure right now. This spring and early summer, I was exercising and walking, but I haven't done that since my last fill either. I don't watch what I eat. I still don't have good restriction (with 8cc in a 14cc band) and I can eat about as much as I could pre-band. Almost a year and a half now and I still haven't even lost 50 lbs. I know that it's up to me to eat healthier, but I just feel like my band isn't pulling its weight (no pun intended) and it discourages me from trying to diet, when diets have always completely backfired on me in the past.

I'm just glad my Junies are always here for me, even if I'm not always here for them :thumbdown: You guys are all doing so great, I guess it just makes me feel even worse about where I am right now.

Just don't give up.. That is what has happened to ALL OF US in teh past.. When you give up, you have lost the war! Perhaps your doc needs to be more agressive with your fills? Here's wishing you the best! Hope to see LESS OF YOU in the future... God Bless!

OK Guys...have not been very active on my June, 2008 thread the past few months. Thought I would share my b/4 and after photos.

I feel 100% better after losing my weight. :thumbdown:

First photo was taken today...the b/4 is me at 249#

post-228099-13813138813213_thumb.jpg

post-228099-13813138813499_thumb.jpg

OK Guys...have not been very active on my June, 2008 thread the past few months. Thought I would share my b/4 and after photos.

I feel 100% better after losing my weight. :thumbdown:

First photo was taken today...the b/4 is me at 249#

WOW!!! Apples, you look AMAZING!!! Congrats to you :angry: :frown:

WOW!!! Apples, you look AMAZING!!! Congrats to you :thumbdown: :angry:

Thanks, Iteach...you know what one of the best things is? (besides feeling so great)...wearing jeans...had not worn them for years cuz I could not get any to fit me. I was soooooooo big through the middle.

Oh wow Apples, you look awesome. And I love your kitchen too!! You look so much younger in the after picture. My parents are visiting now and my mom must've told me 10 times already how much my weight loss has aged me in my face and I better not lose anymore. So now of course I have a complex about that, but I sure didn't think I looked older. She says you always do when you lose weight but you prove that therory so wrong!

Oh wow Apples, you look awesome. And I love your kitchen too!! You look so much younger in the after picture. My parents are visiting now and my mom must've told me 10 times already how much my weight loss has aged me in my face and I better not lose anymore. So now of course I have a complex about that, but I sure didn't think I looked older. She says you always do when you lose weight but you prove that therory so wrong!

I hate to dis your mom but I think she is tough on her daughter. I have seen photos of you, Lori, and you look very young for your age. I, myself, was always saying I thought I looked older after I got to my goal. My DH and others have reassured me that I look younger. But, I do think that in the intitial stage after losing the weight there is a certain truth to it. The skin does magically tighten up after a few months...face included.

Take it all with a grain of salt...if you can, Lori. You look wonderful. Sisters and the mom need to encourage...not discourage. :thumbdown:

Just thought I'd fill you guys in on the ongoing saga that would be me trying to get a fill. I talked to my doctor's office last week and was essentially told there was nothing they can do. The hospital cost for the fill is $250 and my surgeon's cost is $250 (seems to me if they really cared about keeping me as a patient, they could wave that, but whatever). So I called today and scheduled an appt with one of the doctors in what used to be his group. I've seen him before for a fill, but have to have a new patient appt. They said he may end up doing a fill in office or if he feels like it would be better under xray, we'll schedule it after the appt. The whole situation is just really messed up and not something I ever thought I'd be going through, but oh well. I did find out I can still see my nutritionist, so I'm really happy about that. Hopefully next Tuesday I'll get a fill and get this whole process rolling again. I'm ready to be done (and I say that knowing, it's not ever done), I can see the finish line :cursing: Hope everyone is doing well!

:scared2:

Jennifer

Hey teach, sorry you have had to go through all that mess and stress. That is so unfair to his patients. I wish you luck.

Apples, you do look great. I have the very same oven. My mom, dad, has the same one but only in the gas version. I would much rather have a gas oven, but it is not an option in my house.

Hey teach, sorry you have had to go through all that mess and stress. That is so unfair to his patients. I wish you luck.

Apples, you do look great. I have the very same oven. My mom, dad, has the same one but only in the gas version. I would much rather have a gas oven, but it is not an option in my house.

Thanks, Lucy. I have to go electric cuz I LOVE a ceramic stove top. I think my mom had one of the first in the 60's. Easy clean-up.

Teach, hope you get your fill. Sounds like a run around. The new doc shouldn't charge you a new fee either.

Apples, I have the same range too, ceramic love it! Good taste in ranges LUcy and Apples! LOL

Hi all...it's been a very long time since I posted. Last time I checked this thread it had been pretty dead. Was a nice surpise to see some current posts, so nice to catch up with how everyone is doing. Long I am so happy to hear your knee surgery went well. And Allie how excited you must be for the PS.

I started pilates a few months back and wow did that sculpt my body and kicked in the final weight loss, blew past my goal. I am going to give my weight and body maybe 6 months to stabilize and then will check my PS options. The extra thigh skin is just grossing me out and the girls need a lift!

Have a great night!