Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Hello: I just posted an album of 3 pics of my rear end what a difference. Go take a look. The title is Lozin Susan

Great visual Susan! I have not been taking those side by side comparison pics, but I do occassionaly put my old pair of Levis on and that really gives me perspective of how much 62 pounds loss looks! You look great and keep up the great work.

Hey everyone, quick update. I went for a fill yesterday and so far so good. I had yogurt and a Soup at hand today. It filled me up so I think the fill hit the spot. I had only lost one pound since going in for my last fill exactly one month ago :angry:

I hope to kick start this again. I went and worked out with my trainer today, it went real good.

Suzan, I am going to check out the pics now.

Have a good night everyone.

Hey Lucy and VZ, thanks for looking at my pics and the comments. I was amazed when my husband showed them to me. Can't wait for the next 40 lbs to go.

Lucy, I'm glad your fill feels right for you. Theres nothing like being at the right place with a fill.

Susan, looking good in the pictures!! As much as I have avoided the camera over the years, I am glad I decided to do photos as I lose weight. as they say a pic is worth a thousand words!

Well, gals, since hitting 100 I've been frozen on the scale. Even gained 2 lbs back for almost a week but that is back off again. I'm anxious to hit Onederland!

Today I get my hair cut and colored and tonight is my husbands work party. It's more or less their Christmas party late. Most of those folks haven't seen me since surgery, so will be interesting. I hate going to his work functions though.

Good morning junies..

Long.. good luck and have fun tonight!!

Lucy, keep running girl that is great!

Strike, lucky girl you have eye candy, I go to curves and although the women are nice looking eye candy to me is men! LOL..

I hope everyone has a great day. My surgeon emailed me a site www.lapband.com where you can track your weight loss, keep a food journal and so forth. At top of page click on my lapband journey then register. It was pretty cool to see my chart!!! I am just amazed at how steep the slope is! You can put in your surgery date and put in your appointments and it will send you reminders. It is a very cool tool if you use it.

Have a great day!

Allie, I use that website and it is great. You can also post your before and after pics side by side there and see how far you have come.

I met with my trainer last nite (eye candy...wooooo!) but of course hes my son's age....he did a computer thing to help me set up goals, etc. Had a part where they took my health hx and family hx and guess what.......he computed my "health age" as 68! Dayam! I am 57 and thats bad enough! And everyone has always told me I look way younger than that. What a bummer. It was my fam hx of breast cancer and heart probs (mom) that jacked my score up there.

Long, go and enjoy that party and strut your stuff! You will be a knock out. My goal is to get my hair done when I hit the 50 lb mark. Since I have been working out, I gained 2 lbs back so now I need to lose 10 before I can get my hair cut and colored.

Livin, you are wasting away!! go girl! You are looking great!

Have a great day, Junies. I am off to do my taxes!

I heard that lapband was going to start some sort of internet support in response to the REalize band, will have to check it out, thanks. I've not been to that website since before my surgery.

My gray roots are showing so bad, it will be a relief to get the hair done, also may change up the style a bit. We'll see.

That computer age thing sounds interesting, wonder if that is similar to what they used on Biggest Loser??

Speaking of Biggest Loser, anyone see it last night? Could you believe Joelle?? Poor Carla, but Carla has done great at home.

Hey long, yes I watch that show. I felt so bad for Carla, I hope she can do it on her own. I think the brown dad is going to be running out of chances real soon also.

Have fun at the party.

hi all! had that upper endoscopy test today. had my band unfilled yesterday (scary thought! didn't hurt - just like a usual fill or unfill).

the conclusion seems to be 'esophageal spasms' that may be more instense because of the band but it's probably something i've had going on for a few years. i've searched for that and lap-band on the web and found some postings here and on obesityhelp.com about the same issue. seems it can be treated with muscle relaxers if the protonix doesn't do the trick.

friday i get my band re-filled back to where it was. only was at 5cc - it has been up to 7cc's - so no wonder i'm not losing any weight. luckily i'm staying the same weight - not going up. just up/down within a 3 lb range.

i'm envious of you losers!! i see the dr. again in 1 month to see if things are better with double the dose of protonix. i'm a bit afraid to get re-filled friday - afraid it'll kick this thing off again but i'll do it and will see how it goes!

he said the band can stay put and be re-filled. i don't know what my surgeon thinks - haven't seen her since 6/10/08 when i had the surgery! i see her physician assistants for fills and they've had no idea what's going on.

we're doing well so far on our mile a day challenge (my husband and i). we were both just over 31 miles for january! it's fun to track it and know the numbers like this! i'm -.5 miles behind right now for february but will make that up quickly!

hope you are all doing well and losing losing losing!

I never liked to look at pictures of myself and never let my picture be taken, only now, I can't stop looking at my pics and wondering what I'll look like in another 40. You all should start posting some pics now, I'd love to see them, especially with the weight loss you all have had.

Grey: Hope things go well with your refill. I wouldn't like not seeing my surgeon. He does my fills and is the only one I see. He has NP's that work in his office but I've never seen them. Good Luck

Grey - Glad to hear your problems are treatable and you get to have you band refilled....Wishing you the best will all of that.

I finally hit Onderland today! Nice to see the scale has finally started to move, has been stuck for far too long. Now hopefully I can stop weighing myself daily and get back to just the weekly weigh in. I've gotten quite obsessed with that scale!

Hi Junies!

Well it looks like I'm gonna Melt-Away in March!

I have a tentative date for March 4th!

I'm calling it tentative for now, because I'm meeting with my surgeon again on Feb 16th, because I have a few questions. When I saw her last October, she talked about doing the VSG, (the sleeve) instead this time, and I was saying, "no, no, no! no altering the anatomy!". But I went home and did my research so I could make an informed decision just in case. (Her concern is that there might be scaring and she'd have problems rebanding me, but we just won't know until she opens me up!) So I've spent a lot of time working out the pros and cons of both procedures. Now I'm approved for the band again (plus RNY and VBG). Her Nurse Coordinator told me that she plans to use the biggest band and we'll just take more time doing the fills.

So, I asked for an appointment to chat with the surgeon so we can go over the choices one more time. I really want the least invasive surgery, but I also don't want to risk even more surgeries if slips/erosions/other problems pop up. Ack! Why can't this just be simple? ;-)

So, March 4th. For now. Band. For now. ;-)

Either way, I'm gonna get skinny!

Always ;-)

Hunzi

Hey Grey, glad they found your problem and hopefully you can get fixed up and back on the losing track. Way to go on the walking. That is great...keep up the good work!

VZ, Congrats on ONDERLAND that is awsome. I weighed in today at 201.5. So I am 1.5 pounds away. I only weigh in once a week. I will have to work hard to keep myself off of the scale until next Thursday. Hopefully by next week I can be in onderland with you. My fill has really done the trick for me.

Hunzi, congrats on the new appointment. I hope everything works out for you and you are happy with whatever decision you make.

Good Day!

Yea!! Hunzi!! Good luck with your decision, it has to be a tough one but I know you will make the one best for you after all the research and discussing with your surgeon.

VZ, congrats on Onderland!!

I hit 101 today so am 4 lbs away myself. Well 4.1 as 4 would put me at 200 exactly. LOL