Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Wow Geeze I've been a lazy poster. But not a lazy runner. On saturday i started week 2 and omg i felt E-V-E-R- Y step of the run intervals. I cant believe how I was huffing and puffing on those runs. its amazing how much harder a mere 25-30 seconds can be when added from week 1-2. My lungs were doing ok probably becauwse of the 2 minute intervals of walking. I plan to go out again to do the run again tonite. and to be honest it was probably a good idea for me to extend week 1 for increased conditioning. I hope today's run is better. Im feeling like maybe my stretching needs some improvement too. I'll let y'all know how it goes tonite.

anyway. yay to Kathy! wow what an accomplishment! 100# gone. im in such awe. (someday someday Carol)

Congrats GA and Whosya! you 2 really ran your a$$es off. Hopefully literally.

I'll try to post sooner rather than later!

Carol

Congrats on your 100 lbs Kathy!!! Woo hoo!

I "did" a 5k a couple weeks ago and I think I came in at about 46 min...not like you speedy girls! I'm doing another one on Saturday but don't expect a faster time as it will be extremely crowded (I hear).

Great job everyone!

~~anne

Anne... congrats on the 5k. My first was 44 min, so 46 is fine. I've been working on my speed ever since, and on April 5th I hope to do a 5k race in 36 or less.

My DH is even worse today... he's in horrible shape. He can't talk, coughing all the time and cycles between cold sweats and fever. Worst of all... I woke up with a sore throat! Grrrrr!

I'm ok though. I plan to run tonight.

Kathy- Hope you and your hubby feel better soon!

I ran 3.2 miles today. I shouldn't have have taken the whole weekend off. DE...you are catching up with me on the challenge. I gotta bust my butt to keep ahead, lol.

Okay Renewed....I know you are busy with moving but we need an update! Don't forget about us, lol. How's the moving coming along? Are you able to run yet?

DE...you are catching up with me on the challenge. I gotta bust my butt to keep ahead, lol.

LOL! Don't worry too much about my mileage, it will soon go drastically down for a few weeks. My gallbladder removal is Monday.

LOL! Don't worry too much about my mileage, it will soon go drastically down for a few weeks. My gallbladder removal is Monday.

I'm sorry :)

How long will recovery be?

I'm mad because my new Nike+ still hasn't arrived. Two week of running and none of it counts towards challenges!

I got a wallet-thingie too this time to hold all the pieces. Maybe this time I'll hang onto them longer. :)

Kathy, I hope you all get well soon. Your poor DH sounds miserable.

We are somewhat settled in. I finished cleaning the old house yesterday. DH has to move his shop, but otherwise we are out of the old house.

I haven't found my safety strap to my treadmill yet. I remember putting it in a box, but haven't gotten to that box yet.

I weighed this morning and to my surprise I have lost 3 pounds!! WOOHOO!! I haven't lost weight in a long time. I haven't exercised much, but I have been very careful about what i have been eating lately.

I am SOOO burned out on running. I hate that i do this to myself. Anyway I have decided to try something new for a little while. DH ordered my the PX90 workout dvd's. They are weight training. I am going to shift gears and do that for a little while. The premise of it is that is uses muscle confusion to keep your body burning fat and building muscle. We'll see how it goes. When I find my key I will do some running for cardio, but to be honest I am not relly looking forward to running. I don't miss it like I have before. I don't know if it is just everything else going on with the move or if I am just ready to move in another direction with my fitness. Anyway, I am determined to do something. I really think I need to focus on building muscle to get the shape that I desire. Running alone just isn't going to do it for me.

I will still be here, running or not!! I just haven't been on much lately, but when I am on this is the only thread I check! You guys are doing awesome. It's so exciting to see all the new people.

Ughhh... I'm starting to feel awfull. DH went back to the emerg and turns out he has Strep and a bad Flu. They originally thought it was just a cold, but took a throat culture anyways. Turns out the culture came back today as positive for Strep. My throat is getting really bad, and my neck, shoulders and lower back are totally achy. Go figure, I have to fly to Ottawa on Friday to meet with a customer. Ohh I hope this doesn't get full blown like my DH!!! Needless to say, I didn't run last night and don't plan to until I feel better.

Renewed... glad you're almost settled. Hope the new DVDs are good.

DE... good luck on Monday. You'll probably notice its much like the lapband surgery... no problem!

Georgia... I'm in awe of your running success! How frequently do you run... assuming you don't take the weekend off :)

Lyn... Only a few days left before you start your new job! I'm thinking about you. I hope you love it as much as I love mine!

MacMadam... grrr! Must be frustrating waiting for the Nike+ system.

Kathy - thanks for remembering my new job. I started yesterday and I am thrilled. Of course it has only been two days- but I know it was the right move for me.

Now to the exercise and diet section of my life. I am still getting up at 0400 in the morning to workout with my trainer. Lap band is just right. Great restriction. I am probably not eating enough calories. I have noticed major Hair loss (not enough protein)

Running - I am not running as much as I would like; but when I do run it is comfortable now and I look forward to warmer weather. I admire all of you longer distance folk.. Great job. If I run 1-4 miles I am happy with that. And I can't believe how easily I just said that. 6 months ago I would have been proud to run 1-4 minutes.....

Can you believe there are over 100 pages on our thread.

Off to bed. Hope all of those little virus and bugs go awys soon. lynn

Kathy~ get some rest! I am finally starting to feel better. Hope your DH is doing better. It is no fun when the family gets sick!

I finally was able to get in a run yesterday, was going to do 1 mile, but stretched it out to 2. Felt good to get back out there, of course I had a couple of cough fits and thought I would lose a lung, but other than that not too bad, just slow goin'. Hoping that tomorrow goes better!

I weighed this morning and to my surprise I have lost 3 pounds!! WOOHOO!! I haven't lost weight in a long time.

Hey Renewed! Congrats on the weight loss!!! I'm glad ya'll are getting settled in. I think you are heading in the right direction with your exercise strategy. You are almost at goal and weight loss isn't as much of a focus as it used to be. I think the weight training will be good for you. Maybe you could just run a couple of times a week instead of 5-8 miles a day, lol. You know I think you ROCK no matter what you are doing. Good to hear from you girlie!

Ughhh... I'm starting to feel awfull.

Georgia... I'm in awe of your running success! How frequently do you run... assuming you don't take the weekend off :blush:

Well, thanks! I don't know if I think of myself as a running success, but I appreciate that, lol. I try my best to run 5 times a weeks, usually 3-5 miles each time. I was doing 5 miles everyday, but since starting low carb I have been doing 3 miles. Low carb seems to be working well for me, but I blew it tonight! We went to Outback and I ate terrible! Anyway, I'll start low carbing again tomorrow. I have to give myself off days every now and then or I'll get burned out with it. Hope you feel better soon!

Kathy - thanks for remembering my new job. I started yesterday and I am thrilled. Of course it has only been two days- but I know it was the right move for me.

Congratulations! I'm glad you are liking the new job! I'm so excited for you!

That sucks MacMadame! Hope it arrives soon.

It came today!

Not in time for my run this evening, but still...

So I'm back into the challenges.