Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Hey i am going to start a new challenge on Nike plus with teams!

I am teaming with Georgiagirl (sorry no choice for u)

Hahaha! No complaints from me. I may actually have a chance at winning if I'm on your team, lol. Count me in!!

I have not taken Dylan to the doctor, but I probably will on Monday. I really think it is ok, but I want our Dr to look at it just to be sure. Even being a nurse, I don't like burns..

I sure hope he feels better soon. Burns scare me too. Let us know what the doctor says.

Welcome Carol!! I'm glad you decided to finally post! I think we have all come to LOVE running and we have wonderful support here. We all kinda feed off of one another for inspiration and motivation. You are doing FANTASTIC!! Good luck with your 5K next Sat. Be sure and let us know how it goes!

Thanks for the welcome GA Girl, Its nice to know I'm in such good company! I'll keep reading and posting.

You're probably right on my Nike+ heals, if not ahead!!

Naw, but I'm not in last place and that's my current only goal.

I only run 3x a week so I really can't keep up with the rest of you guys.

Whosya... Count me in!!!

Renewed... I'm glad you're seeing the Doc and I really hope Dylan heals up quick.

Carol... Welcome! Thanks for sharing yourself with us and good luck on your 5k! Whosya is definately our cheerleader and inspiration. He's also the guy we like to gang up on and tease about beating... knowing it would be such a huge task to do so!

Georgia... I didn't run today!!!! I have my girlfriend and one of her sons visiting, so took the day off.

I had a huge NSV today... seems to be happening a lot lately! My girlfriend wanted to go swimming, and my bathing suit is way too big, so we went to Winners (our version of TJ Max). I found a great bathing suit in size 14!! But while we were there I tried on a pair of jeans and great looking top... size 16, and they fit beautifully. That made me feel pretty good...

But there's more... I ran into the President of my past company... the one I left for the "great" job that I eventually was let go from. When I was at that job, I was about 50 lbs heavier, and one of the main reasons I was going nowhere there was the VP didn't like me cause I was big. The President was always very nice to me, and was a great person, so I liked running into him. He was stunned at how I looked. He kept telling me how great and healthy I looked. I told him I was running now, and, well... it was just so cool!!!

But there's more!!! After I tried on all the clothes, my girlfriend and I went down the shoe isle and I tried on a pair on high high healed boots that came up almost to my knee and were very slim and tight fitting. THEY FIT and were so amazing! In all my life I have never been able to wear high boots. My calves were always way to big and high heals just hurt. Not now! These are 4" heals and they feel fine, and look unbelievable! Can you tell I'm excited. Well, my girlfriend was in tears... she's struggled all her life like me, and was banded 7 years ago, so she knows what I feel. She was so happy for me, she bought them for me as a gift. My DH was pretty pleased with how everything looks!!!

Great day today!

Wow Kathy, WTG with those NSVs! I love NSVs almost as much as when the scale moves down. They got me through when i had my slip/plateau. And its so much fun shopping in regular sized stores. Even if Im in XL in some things and L in others. I'm really looking forward to this race.

Ok and "Daddy" - you were right again...they really are great girls and theyre really making me feel welcome, too. It's nice to be among such motivated ppl. (You included Whosya...) Thanks for convincing me that I woudnt feel out of place.

I cant wait till Sat!!!.

Talk to y'all soon!

Carol

I agree Carol. It is amazing shopping at a normal store, off the shelf!!! And it's a lot less $$$.

For me, the NSV's are my main source of motivation... way more than the scale. Right now the scale is my main source of frustration. I've only lost about 4 lbs in the last 2 months, but have dropped several inches and 1-1/2 sizes. So I know I'm losing fat and gaining muscle... which is great... but I really also want the scale to drop.

Does anyone know what fat % is considered normal for a woman?? I know I'm still too high, but would like to know where I need to stop.

That was interesting but everything else I've read says that bio-empedience is more accurate than calipers. :confused:

HELLO EVERYONE!

Well, I completely lost my motivation for awhile there. Stress just consumed me for a few months. But, I am back and I am ready to rededicate myself. I'm not sure I am going to be able to start running more then a couple times a week. But this thread has always had a special place in my heart. You are all such amazing inspirations and I've missed you all! I will probably have to read back a few pages to catch up on what you all have been up to. I hope everyone has been well!

SOOO... tomorrow morning I am going to hop on the scale (I've been too afraid). I will update my ticker and it will probably be AWFUL! But, that's ok. It's time to get busy!

Mama... Welcome Back, we missed you! Hope your DH is getting better.

Ok I so wanted to hit 60 km in our first challenge, that I ran 9.5 km today!!!! I did it over 3 separate runs, but I did it!

MacMadam... I've heard bioimpedance is better than calipers too, because very few people are well trained on the calipers. But I've also heard the home model bioimpedance scales are not overly accurate, but are directional. I have one and love it. But if I really needed to know my true body fat %, I don't think I'd trust it.

Based on what the article said, and my current body fat and weight, I think I need to lose 25 to 30 lbs of fat and then I'm at an ideal weight. Since starting running, all my weight loss has been fat, so I'm thinking I'll end somewhere between 165 to 170. So I might adjust my ticker goal weight.

Ok I so wanted to hit 60 km in our first challenge, that I ran 9.5 km today!!!! I did it over 3 separate runs, but I did it!

Boy am I regretting taking the weekend off!! Congrats to you though. That is GREAT!!

Welcome back Mama! I've missed you.

Oh, and I am excited to weigh in tomorrow! I really feel like I've lost some weight this week. 5 lbs would be wonderful, but I'm shooting for at least 2....surely I lost at least 2 lbs...

Final thought b4 i head to bed early tonite...(im trying to fight off a cold or sinus...not sure) I'll be very pissed :scared2: if i get sick now b4 my race Sat... Vitamin C, echineacea/goldenseal here i come... maybe some coldeze too (zinc)

anyway heres a NSV for today. 4 separate ppl have told me just today, that i look fabulous! :( im psyched. it felt great, but to be honest, im more excited about the race Sat than the compliments. UH OH, who said that??? not :crazy: me, nope couldnt be. LOL

wish me luck in staying healthy for another week,

Carol