Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

I have had several football knee injuries, but as I have gotten older the weight has exacerbated the problem. I like the 5K training , but will probably need to get some weight off before any running.

HOT KATHY!!! Congratulations on your shrinking body.

How did eveyone do on thanksgiving? Thanks to my friendly lap band I was about to maintain control and focused on the people not the food. I am so proud.

Well, I shopped till I dropped this morning. I got some great deals and have almost finished my Christmas shopping.

My most exciting purchase today was our new treadmill. I bought it at Sears - ProForm XP Trainer 580. It was on sale and has some good features and good reviews. I hope to be able to pick it up tomorrow. I am so excited to be able to run anytime I want.

As far as Thanksgiving went, I did well with my food. I did however eat a sliver of pecan pie. It was just enough to satisfy my sweet tooth without going overboard. I have not had anything sweet in a very long time.

Way to go Kathy!!!! Onederland is such a huge accomplishment!!! WOOHOO!!!!!

I did OK for Thanksgiving. I ate some things I normally wouldn't, but my portions were very small. I am ok with what I chose to eat. I am ready to get back to routine exercise and eating healthy on Monday!!!!

Glad you all had a good Thanksgiving. Congrats on wise eating choices.

Sugar... you'll love having the treadmill. I have a love hate relationship with mine, as I prefer to run outside. But now that the snow is here to stay, I'm so glad I have one.

Tonight is my company Christmas party, and I'm so glad to say that I don't have anything that really fits!!! I have one fancy dress that I've been keeping in my closet. It has an asian style neck, clingy fit in a tourquoise colour and kind of sparkly. The last time I wore it was on a cruise with my DH when we were still dating in 1996. I had to wear a girdle to make it fit right.

Well, I tried it on, and it was a bit big. I can still wear it, but its a little loose on top, and hugs my curves really nicely, and no need to hold it all in with a girdle!!!

I think I am going to call the doctor for an unfill. My fill was about 3 weeks ago. As of late, I am having trouble eating yogurt and even drinking Fluid. It hurts in my chest and sometimes I hear this crazy gurgling sounds.

I did okay for Thanksgiving dinner, but it has been down hill since then. I have not vomited, but the pressure everytime I eat soft foods or drink is driving me crazy.

I plan to pick up my treadmill tomorrow if I am not at the doctor's office.

Sugar, Sounds like you do need an unfill. Being too tight is the pits!! Hope you feel lots better soon.

Ok, tomorrow is the big day. Back on track!!!! Who is with me! Let's do this!!!

Whoooo Hooooo Kathy!! Congrats on making it to Onederland!!

Well, I have had a busy weekend!! I've been Christmas shopping and trying to get my house decorated.

I'm with you Renewed! I'm hitting it hard in the morning (or today rather, lol). I'm gonna try to keep my carbs low for a while and see if I can drop some weight. I'm gonna start running again tomorrow too. I haven't ran in quite a few days. I'm running in a 5K Saturday and I'm sooooo not ready for it. My time will probably be worse that my first 5k, lol. Anyway, I'm ready to get back on track and drop some weight before Christmas.

Happy Monday all!!!

Happy Monday all!!

Kathy, a belated congrats on ONEderland!!! Isn't is ONEderful?? So thrilled for you, I recently reached that goal myself. Keep it up, you rock!!

C25K starts tomorrow for me. I wanted to run today at work but have a dinner meeting that starts early so there was no real way to swing it. I am hella bummed too because it looks like it's a great day for running in Boston. I may wind up doing Week 1 twice just to get myself aclimated. I will see how I feel. Anyone else ever repeat a week?

I head to NYC this weekend for auditions. I am hoping I can get a run in there, we will see. Not super familiar with the area I am staying in...

At least I am burning to get going!!!

Does anyone think it's possible to train for a 10K in 4 months? I figure a 5K in 9-10 weeks means upping it another few miles over the course of another month or 2 may be possible. :thumbup:

Back to meeting prep, hope everyone's week is off to a great start!!

Beanie

I am scheduled for an unfill Wednesday afternoon. It won't come to soon. I tried to eat a SF pudding a little while ago. No go. My chest is tight and I am gurgling like crazy. My DH says it sounds like I am having a conversation with a whale. Nice Huh!

Well, I picked up the treadmill today. DH and DS brought it into the house. I am hoping by the weekend it will be put together. DH has off Friday.

Oh Guys!!!!!!

I am so upset... I packed my running gear last night and was all set to go and woke up today feeling like death. I am fevery and everything aches!!!! I know exercise can help stave off a cold but this one has clearly already started and I feel just miserable. Nevermind that I have at least 3 auditions to sing in the next week!!!!

I am so upset and disappointed, I was so looking forward to starting my run today! As it is I am really battling with myself between pushing myself to do it and knowing that what my body *really* needs right now is some rest. :biggrin::frown::):frown::):frown: I will likely head home early and go to bed. DH is travelling so it's just me and the kitties.

Hope everyone else's day is going better than mine!

Sad Beanie