Are you looking for the BariatricPal Store? Go now!

Couch to 5k.....come join me!!

Yes, I do really like it. I was nervous about being able to step back into this role having been absent from Brand management for awhile. But just a few weeks in and I'm up to my eyeballs with strategy plans, pricing, advertising, etc. It really feels good to be doing this again. However, it certainly is different being so busy all the time. I do miss being off during the day... I don't miss not having an income, but I liked being off!!!

Congrats on your run. I had a 10 day absence from running that I ended last Sat, and when I ran that day it felt so good. Now that I'm kind of getting a routine down, I really feel great about it. I look forward to the run, and the accomplishment, so when I miss running, I feel like a loser!

Kathy, glad you like your job. I can sense your excitement, lol. It did feel really good to run today and I'll be making a point of keeping it up.

Sugar, have a great shopping trip! You should buy something nice for yourself....you deserve it!! Be safe and have fun!

Hello, Immmmmm Backkkkkkkkkk

I don't know what happen to me. Well I think I know. If you remember, I had doctors orders to not run due to my TURF TOE! I was suppose to be off running for two weeks; haven't run in 4 weeks!!!! I think it is a matter of "getting in a routine or getting OUT of a routine.

My weight and measurments are doing good. I am at 166 today and my measurements are following along nicely; but my exercise has been absolutely NOTHING!

Today is a new day. As soon as the grandkids leave, I will be on my treadmill. I am wondering if I need to start over with the C2 5K or just try to pick up. Anyone have any ideas.

Welcome back Lyn... missed you! I'd probably just start running and see how long you can go, then if its not as long as you like, walk for a bit and then go again until you're happy. Whatever works for you!

Today we took the kids to my company Christmas party. It was a lot of fun. They had 4 very large inflatable bouncy things for the kids to play in, cookie decorating, a magician and of course Santa and Mrs. Clause. Plus all the kid favs for food... pizza, cotton candy, popcorn. It was a blast. The kids played full out for 4 hours. Also, Santa spent a lot of time with each family. Meant there was a long wait, but worth it. The kids really love Santa, so this was special. I'm exhausted chasing after them all day.

Didn't run all weekend :laugh: Well, there's always tomorrow.

I got back from shopping late, late last night. 7 of us went, We had a great time, but I am wiped out. I finished DS Christmas except for stocking stuffers. I will be out hot and heavy Friday morning to finish up.

I am debating on getting an unfill. Scrambled eggs do not agree with me even in the evenings. Do they bother anyone else? I do not want to drive 2 hours for an unfill, but may have to either Tues. or Wed.

We have a short work week. Yipee!!!

I am debating on getting an unfill. Scrambled eggs do not agree with me even in the evenings. Do they bother anyone else?

Hey SugarBean!! I tend to have trouble with scrambled eggs, even when I don't have good restriction. Deviled eggs and omlettes are okay, there's just something about those scrambled eggs that make it hard to go down for me.

Glad you had a good trip!

Lynn~ Welcome back! I missed you! I'm glad you posting again and glad you are going to start running again. I *think* I am back on track. Just hoping I can stay there.

Kathy~ Sounds like ya'll had a good time!

Hi Everyone-

I have been lurking on this thread practically since it started last spring/summer and have posted a few times but have been unable to make running part of my life. SO FAR!!!

December is MY MONTH! I am going to get this going so help me... I am starting C25K next week and am WILL become a runner!! It's funny because mentally I know I can be a runner, it feels so right when I visualize it. The challenge has been implementing it in my life. But I need to take care of myself!

Just wanted to say that all the posters on this thread, Renewed, Kathy, Georgia, Whosya and ALL, have been an incredible inspiration!

I look forward to contributing to this thread much more in the future!

All best,

Beanie

ps- I know this answer is buried in this thread somewhere, but, besides the C25K on iTunes, any recommendations for downloads?

Welcome Beanie... you'll love it! I used the Podrunner Intervals, but there is also "Cool Running", if you google it you'll probably find it. There are others out there, just search on C25k. Good luck!

Ok, I've been deliquent... haven't run for a few days. Not feeling all that well, but that's just an excuse. My weight is also still stuck at 200... no movement. So I guess this is my way of saying "kick me in the butt please"

Welcome Beanie!! You will love running. I never thought I would be able to run. I love it!! Good luck to you and keep us updated on your progress.

I have been doing pretty good lately. I've been running for the past few days. Also, I am ashamed to admit that I had gained 10 lbs before my fill last week. I've started watching my carbs again and I've already dropped 5 of those pounds. I hope to be back at my ticker weight soon. This isn't really a good time to start watching carbs, with the holidays and all, but it seems like it's the only way I can lose. I think has to do with PCOS. Carbs are the devil!!

Anyway, I am going to try to stick to my plan through Thanksgiving...we'll see!! It's gonna be hard not to eat any sweets.

welcome Beanie!!

Kathy, here is your kick in the butt. Now, in return, would you give me one please. I am so NOT motivated!! I have these last few pounds to lose and I can't seem to get off my butt and do it.

Georgia, you are right, carbs are the devil. We are alike in that we both lose really well on low carb, and both pretty much hate doing low carb!! I have got to AT LEAST cut out the sugary bad carbs.

Sorry I have been kinda MIA lately. I check everyday, but for some reason haven't taken the time to post much. I don't know why. I am just not very motivated. I have got to get a grip. I have this new wonderful body and DH bought me lots of new clothes. They look really cute. We are having a family picture taken on Friday. We haven't done a family picture since my almost 10 year old was 2.

Ok, I know I will eat traditional Thanksgiving dinner. My sisters are both coming and mom is cooking. Anybody want to holding each other accountable to start eating and exercising right starting Monday??? I dont want to toodle through the holidays eating like a little pig and have lots of "old weight" to lose come January. I want to lose new weight!!

I was banded on Nov. 3 and have lost 15 lbs. I used to have it altogether when I sculled and ran. That's over now due to neck and spine injuries. SO, I'm looking for some help and motivation to get back on a regular walking and strength training schedule. I would love to commit to a training partner so we can keep each other on track.

Anybody looking for a training buddy?

Hey Beanie--I'm a newbie too! I started the C25k in October and today I finished my Week 5 Day 2 workout! I ran two 8-minute intervals! I can't believe I've gone from gutting out 60 seconds to being able to run (albeit slowly) 8 minutes.

Today was the FIRST day I felt like I was just cruising along. I went very slowly to make sure I could finish it and when the eight minutes was up, I felt like I could have kept on going! IT was astonishing. I never thought that day would come. I found myself wishing today was the twenty minute run (scheduled for Friday) because today, I KNOW I could have done it.

Wish me luck for the twenty minute jog on Friday. I think I'm going to hit the local high school track so that my feet have some nice cushion and I have a good concept of the distance that I cover. TWENTY MINUTES. Seems impossible, and yet . . . it's only a few days away.

Congrats Red!! I remember thinking I would never finish that 20 minute straight run, but when I did....boy was it amazing!! Good luck, you can do it!!

Gypsy, we all try to keep each other in line here, but I think there's always room for improvement. We'll be glad to be your training buddies. Are you going to do the C25K or something else? Good luck to you at whatever you do.

Renewed~ Yes, I'm in. I may start on Friday though. I sure don't want the holiday food kicking my butt! I am going to watch my carbs and run...A LOT!! I'm ready to see my scale move closer to Onederland!! I'm sick of being in the 200's.

I'm sure I will not be able to stick to low carb on Thursday (since we have 3 different places to eat at!), but I'm going to try not to do too terribly.

Happy Thanksgiving everyone!!!!!

Wow, you guys are awesome! Thanks for all the welcomes J

Renewed I am ALL for being held accountable so let me know what I can do to help you with that. Not sure if I said it before, and it’s a little OT to this thread, but congrats on your PS. I have to tell you that the photos you posted of right before surgery really helped me… my tummy looks similar to your pre-op tummy and I have been beating myself up a bit lately about not being able to “work it off” or tone it up. I do a lot of Power Yoga (which I love). I think what I am trying to say (poorly!!) is that it made me realize that we can all work our butts off (literally) and there are some stubborn areas that are just going to need a good plastic surgeon!! So thanks for being so open and candid about your PS journey. I am hoping to have a baby in a year or so (WOW that’s the first time I have actually typed those words I think!!) so I am going to wait. But we have some amazing plastic surgeons here in Beantown. I think I am going to have the consultation so I have the info. How are you feeling? How is it going for you working back into running?

Kathy thanks for the tips, I am planning on checking out the pod runner. I meant to do it last night but decided instead to stay up until 2 baking pies. I used the C25K briefly in the year before my surgery. I figure if I could muddle through when I was carrying close to 90 lbs more than I am now I can do it now.

Georgia I just know I am going to love this! I don’t know how to explain it but it just *feels* so right to me to be a runner! You know when you visualize something and when it’s right the picture in your mind is crystal clear? That’s me running! I am really, really hoping to run my hometown’s 10K road race this spring. We will see! I’ll be happy with 5K for now.

Red, congrats on doing so well with the C25K!

A little more info on my just FYI, obvs I am in Boston, MA (hence the name). I am a singer but also work a day job as a project associate at a drug company here in MA. I have been married 6 years, 5 mos and 4 days to a very cool guy and have an 11 year old stepson. No kids of our own yet, but 3 kitties who are the loves of my life (next to DH and DSS of course!!).

I think we are all amazing!!!! I am so excited to be part of this group.

OK, sorry for the long long long post, leaving now to go meet DH to fight the traffic down to CT.

Ciao for now,

Beanie